1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anyone else have an enemy they absolutely hate in a game?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by JiggaJay, Dec 19, 2005.

1. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

My all time enemy is Corpsefire on Diablo II. My first playthrough with a barbarian I made it to Nightmare, and in the first dungeon I fought him and got completely owned-- Again and again. I have grown to hate this guy! When my friends and I play I always make it a point that I get to kill Corpsefire.

[ December 20, 2005, 03:12: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

''Bosses'' in NWN that have a fear aura while your character has lousy saves, I really really hate that when it happens at the star tof a module where you don't have the equipment to deal with it!

3. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

archers it doesn't matter what game I despise archers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Greater Wind Zombie in Shadows of Undrentide. That guy takes forever to kill but he can nail you in one or two hits. And he's hardly worth any XP.

5. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The first thing I thought about when I saw this thread was Dee Jay from Super Street Fighter. All the other opponents have relatively straightforward attack patterns and AI, but I still haven't figured this guy out. He still fights somewhat randomly to me, so I can't beat him reliably. So I hate him.

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Blog - that's an excellent point. I could never beat Dee Jay in Street Fighter 2. He's the guru guy with long arms, right? He could nail you from the other side of the screen.

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Snipers, especially when they are controlled by a bot in a game where all other weapons require several hits to kill. It's always as annoying when you can't do a jack about it and the other is just waiting -not PLAYING!- in his hidey-hole. Against human players you at least have somekind of a chance, but against a bot it's ridicilous (I'm thinking of that sniper valley in MOHAA). :nolike:

Spoils the fun; seeing who runs out of patience first.

8. Lost Meme Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

That's Dhalsim (I can't remember the spelling). Dee Jay is the Jamican kick-boxer.

My most hated enemy would have to be either Emerald or Ruby Weapon in Final Fantasy 7. It's not just that they have an attack which instantly kills your entire party, but that in order to kill them you have to sit through numerous summonings of Knights of the Round :bang:

9. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Cliff racers from Morrowind. They're the most annoying little pests ever, and until you get powerful you can't kill them with one or two hits. And there's so many of them! They infest the greater part of the map, thus I despise them. They should all just die.

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Argh, yeah, those ****ING Cliff Racers! :flaming:

Well, at least the plumes can be used in alchemical recepies...

11. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Josephina, one of the bosses at the end of Divine Divinity. It took me countless attempts to finally kill her, and only luck did the trick for me then. The final battle against the boss of bosses was much easier than Josephina, and i still feel a bit unsatisfactory about how i did it, almost pissed enough to start the whole game over again and give it another try.

12. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Those Fetishes in Diablo II. My word they're annoying.

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Saemon Havarian gets close despite the fact you never get to fight him. Plus anyone who reincarnates incessantly, making combat tedious.

And tower noobs. :evil: :shake:

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

MJ12 commandos from Deus Ex. Takes forever to kill them with poison darts since they're augmented and wearing body armor. The best way is with the Dragon's Tooth and backstab!

Greys from DX also. Hate that frickin' radiation attack they use.

Mim, betrayer of Turin, in Angband. This boy needs to quit summoning and fight his own battles!!

[ December 20, 2005, 15:12: Message edited by: kuemper ]

15. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Genies and Druids in Might and Magic VI, they drain your spell points in one hit. Nice if you have an all spell power party.

16. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Not really an 'enemy', when played Need for Speed Underground, I remember that at some stage, the AI drivers were... err... stupidly inconceivable, I really hate them, thousand of restarts, man I hate them, you had to take a 90ยช turn carefully braking and drawing a perfect line but suddenly, your car is upside down: an AI car came 300 mph, hit you, hit the wall and keep its course and all you could do is to watch, because after hit the reset car button, the other AI cars did the same: hit you, hit the wall, and keep going, oh, and of course, in all that course of time, the went from 300 mph to 250 to 300 again... man, I really hate them.

17. Harbourboy

The enemy civilizations in Civilization: Call to Power with their over-the-top cheating and insanely dumb AI.

18. L Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

I'll have to disagree with the pair of you (and seemingly a lot of other Morrowind players). Cliff racers one one of my favourites. Solstheim was severley lacking in them.

19. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well to each is own, I personally despise them, the noise they make is also annoying. And there's just so many, and when you're a low level mage then they constantly drain your mana as it takes a couple spells per cliff racer. When traveling through the Ashlands, its quite a bother, for me at least.

I also just remembered the female Sakara Priests in Sacred who have this high-pitched screached when they attacked that is very annoying, especially when I raise the voice volume to hear what my character is saying. They're just a bunch of wenches!

20. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

In Warcraft, the first one, when you are playing Orcs: there is a stage where you suffer the attack of Paladins and Mages: I get to hate them, Paladins running in your town, killing your peasants and healing eachother with that annoying noise, and every powerfull unit you had 'converted' into a ship by those mages that you never can manage to make them to behave like the AI do; and viceversa: you are in your town with the humans, everything's quite, you are having a happy and working town and suddenly you see your ballista 'traveling' out of town because wants revenge, and you hear: the town is under attack at the same time you hear that 'boiling oil' noise: death knights, they're comming, arrrrrggggggg!!!, the scream from ogre mages let's you know that the invasion is starting... I got to hate those noises and the AI...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.