1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Amaunator Avatar... Immortal ???

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Rasalgethi, Jan 10, 2001.

1. Rasalgethi Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Who tried to defeat him ??

In a Solo game, I tried and after several tries, I successed, but he is really hard to defeat though he is not agressive at all, even when we strike him...

For quick information about his stats : AC -13, HP 600, 100% Resistance in everything (Magic, Fire, Physical Damages... ...).

Who tried this challenge ?? Who wants to try ??

2. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Just a hint, you are trying too hard. This is a good instance where it is better to RP than to run at everything weapons drawn...

There should be a hint to it in the dialogue before hand, but I don't want to spoil it for you. It is very simple once you realize what it is...

Amon-Ra

3. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I don't think he means the weirder looking one, I think he means the sick sounding guy inside.

And furthermore, so what if you can't kill everything in the game?

4. Rasalgethi Gems: 5/31

Hey Amon-Ra, I totally agree with you :).

I just wanted to try that. I'm a bit bored with my Sorceress and I try to find challenges. For that, I throw roleplay away and I just play for tactics, to test different method to solve a fight. I mean, it should be the same thing as just using the console to add monster to test their abilities.

Surely, I don't save such a game :).

And Rakanishu, I talked about the guy who appears after solving the problem of that particular Daemon in the Temple.

I'm sorry if the sense of my post was confusing, but again I didn't do that during a normal game, it was just a try :). So roleplay is not involved.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] A little enlightment:
    Amuanator is a now long-gone god, previously known as the god of the Contracts, Law etc., bust mostly as the god the The Sun.
    The temple ruins you encounter in the game are actually the ruins of the Temple of Amuanator. That's why that crystal can be fixed to kill shadows and finally, when you kill the main culprit the temple ruins restored help to kill all of the remaining shadows. All in a day's work for a once-proud temple of The Sun.

Now that temple underground is also another temple of the dead god Amuanator. That's why it's shaped that weird and all of it's clerics don't even know who they worship any more. It's been centuries since Amuanator passed away and was forgotten.

The guy you meet inside (the Avatar) is the personification and projection of the dead god himself. If you finish the quest and bring back the restored staff, you should know most of this anyway from the dialogue. But in case some of you weren't paying attention or didn't finish the quest, I thought I'd shed some ligh on this subject.

So going after the avatar of a dead god sounds pretty stupid. It shouldn't even be killable, it should just dissapear. And the only reason they made him that tough and resistant is so that you couldn't kill him by mistake when trying to kill the Empathic Manifest inside the temple and therefor ruin the quest.

6. Rasalgethi Gems: 5/31

Damn :o, Tal, did you understand what I explained in my previous post ????

I've already beaten the game 2 times (and I'm playing 2 other games actually), and I KNOW what happens when you take back that scepter to the god...

Well, I write again : I just wanted to TRY different tactic on creatures I encounter. For this Solo game, roleplay means nothing for me, I play that game to see how it is possible to defeat particular creatures... I'll try soon to see if a fight against those illusions (Elmin...) in the Sahuaguin City is possible, and how could I manage it. Is it understand ?? Sorry for the rude tone, but I probably used wrong words to say what I wanted ;). I hope you will forgive me this aggressive tone, but it's late here, I got a hard day and english is not primary language :).

And btw, thx for the comments on the history of that God ;).

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    LOL. :)
    It wasn't even a direct reply to your post really. That comment at the end was just my opinion, not a comment on how you play the game.

I've written all of if for those who haven't done this quest, not for you who obviously have. You assume too much. :D

8. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

"The princess trusts me, and so should you young handmaiden."

"...You assume too much."

Heh. Yeah, I realize he was talking about the sending and not the Demon now. Eh... Why would you try and kill that guy? Oh look, there is the Avatar of a god! Let's kill it just for fun! Wait a sec, why can't we kill it? I'm level 40-hacked, I should be able to kill ANYTHING.

Stupid game developers... when will they learn, they can't have immortal characters because it makes us feel bad about ourselves... j/k

Amon-Ra

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.