1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Top 5 Games With the Best Music

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Phone_Tools, Oct 29, 2005.

1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I remember such a thread from way back... Anyway, in no certain order (as they all rock)

- Red Alert 1: Oh yeah... Hell march is a tune that I can't get out of my head 10 years after I first heard it. It was done by Rammstein, as I heard - and I can believe it. The rest of the soundtrack is no less amazing - Vector, Bigfoot and the like are a pleasure to hear. All Westwood games have stunning soundtracks, and this is the company that for me was the grand master of making incredible soundtracks, but RA 1 rocks the house.
    - Star Control 2: One of the all-time favourites... I never could pinpoint the genre, but it had some incredibly catchy tunes. Frankly, it is a classic... No, probably beyond that. It is great overall for its age, but its themes are simply amazing
    - Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines: well, I've heard a lot of background music, but this game has what it take to take an already great mood-setting to the next level. The first time I went into Asylum and heard Isolated, I was stunned. Smaller God and Swamped are even better.
    - Baldur's Gate: great themes. The music is somewhere there in the background, almost unnoticeable at first, but does a perfect job of making your journey much more pleasant.
    - Emperor: Battle for Dune: I wanted to mention no more WW/EA games, but this one boasts incredible music as well. The Ethno music of House Atreides is great.
    - Runner-ups: Gabriel Knight vs Knights of the Old Republic II: in both, the music is a good theme-setter. However, I've only played GK 1, and it is quite old. Still, the jazz-version of "When the Saints" is a good enough piece to compete with the suitably dark and brooding SW game, and if I've heard right later GK games only add to it.

2. C-F Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Mine are: - random order

Kyodai Mahjongg ver.20.00
    Europa Universalis II
    Caesar III
    Pharaoh
    BG 1
    Rome Total War

I think they all are very good scores to set your mood to their respective immersion...

3. Drizzt Do'Urden876 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

1.Icewind Dale 2
    2.Icewind Dale 1
    3.The Legend of Zelda: the Ocarana of Time
    4.Final Fantasy VIII
    5. Final Fantasy 2 (not exactly the most up to date, but it is catchy...)

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

No, it will not. I tried it with the BNE edition, and alas, it didn't work. Too bad, as I'm in a Warcraft mood. Oh well, I'm installing it now, so I'll hear the music soon enough anyway. =)

5. Jimmy-X Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] #1 Narrowly above #2...
    Tropico 1 !!!

#2 The Money Island Trilogy (not #4)

#3 Baldur's Gate

#4 Secret of Mana (whoever said that first was spot on!!)

#5 Zelda series

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can't really list these in any order, so I'll just splurge them:

Cloud - this is a nifty little freeware game, but as far as I remember the music is excellent. Suits the game so well, especially in the intro (the game's worth downloading just for the intro, I think...)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - every so often I'll find myself humming Zelda's Lullaby or Saria's Song :p

IWD2 - I remember the Targos music being really funky...

Never really noticed the music of other games though - well, there's BG, but that's not really all that special...

7. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I guess it would have to be the Final Fantasy Series at the top, I have the Sound Tracks to 7, 8, 9 and 10, and I listen to them regularly...

Next would be Morrowind, and Oblivion, although I'm not sure theres much difference between the two, but both are awesome to listen to.

Some others would be, Star Oceans 2 (PS2), and Zone of the Enders (1 and 2), amazing games for the PS2, with equally amazing sound tracks...it can be quite haunting at times, despite it being an action game.

8. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Final Fantasy VIII..FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VENOSEC *shivers*
    Final Fantasy VII- Aeris theme ( I talk about that song waaaay to much)

Red Alert 2

Splinter Cell

5th comes GTA Vice City. The Rock station is cool, Lazlo makes me giggle, and I can customise the soundtrack on my Xbox and listen to RHapsody.

9. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

1. Great Giana Sisters (C64)
    2. Loom (Amiga, don't know how good the PC version is)
    Some other games where the music impressed me are Bomb Jack2, Delta, Cybernoid2, Streets of Rage 1+2.

I don't remember a PC game whose music really impressed me much, I usually listen to the radio or TV while playing.

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

1. FF8. The music during the romantic scene on the Ragnarok nearly brought me to tears, and the battle music really gets you pumping. Sometimes I even end up a little randy afterwards. ;)
    2. IWD1. Wow. Beautiful music and scenery make up for the lack of interaction.

11. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

1. Arcanum

2. Hitman: Contracts

3. FF series

4. Doom

5. Guild Wars.

12. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The best is definately FFVII - One Winged Angel.
    Then There's Arcanum, plenty and other Final Fantasy.

13. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ooh, One WInged Angel is great, though the movie soundtrack version is better. 'leccy guitars and drums.

I can;t believe no-one has mentioned Battlefield Vietnam. The soundtrack is great. The theme tune is White Rabbits ferchrissakes!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.