1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (PC) Who is your favourite?

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Cúchulainn, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] For me its the Necromancer with his summons and curses. If only the BG Necromancer was as good as this guy!

The only character that I don't play is the Barbarian. Though he is very strong I just get bored with him after Act 2.

[ April 21, 2005, 21:34: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

You know, a few months back me and some other SP players had several gaming sessions; we managed to get to act 5 before the Reaperman came. :xx:

Necromancer is my favorite class and has always been. It seems that v1.10 patch brought a lot of trouble to him, though, so he isn't that versatile in single-player. Not that it matters, Diablo 2 being too aged for me to play anymore (too much and too fugly). Hope Diablo 3 comes along soon, with more detail and more teamplay.

3. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I am fascinated with the Necromancer since I played Diablo 2 for the first time.

I installed the 1.10 patch not long ago and I wasn't happy with the summoning limitation. The "Entropy" (sp?) thingy made sense somehow, but it does not cover for the lack of skeletons. I enjoy having my own Army of Darkness, thank you very much, so I think I'll stick with v1.9 until I decide to go multiplayer.

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i played all the characters (i was pretty free in around 01~02). i can't find another character more skillful to play than Amazon. Playing Amazon to me requires a lot of precise calculation and anticipation. It was pretty satisfying taking my Amazon throughout the realm, overcoming one sticky situation after another.

Side note, i name my barbarian as Barbee.

5. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Altough I don't play it much, I think i'd have to go druid

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

@ Colthrun

What? The current amount of skeletons and revives isn't enough for you? 20 skeletons + 10 revives + 1 golem should be enough for a wall of meat (which is what necromancers do in MP, being too weak to play alone).

7. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

From the V1.10 patch Readme:
    And the same applies to skeletal mages. The extra strength and endurance for the skeletons is nice, but having to pay 3 skill points per skeleton after the third is simply ridiculous.

And excuse the "Entropy" mentioned before. The correct term is "Synergy".

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Paladin in my favorite, followed in the order: Barbarian, Amazon, Druid, Sorcerer, Necromancer, Assassin.

I must admit that as of v1.10, I haven't played enough to master the game. However, with the introduction of synergies there are definitely some skills that were seldom used before than now become useful. It's now no longer a waste to spend your skill points on lower-level skills because the beef up your final output once synergies are taken into account.

9. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

My favorite's the Amazon. She's the char i tried first when i bought the game, and as of 1.10 she's my favorite now. I just built 2 builds about a month ago, a bowazon and javazon, and i to the beginning of HELL difficulty (the farthest ive been, single player gets old after a while). Following up, id go with the Sorceress, although 1.10 made her as weak as a kitten (so many immunes).

10. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I love my level 99 USEast assassin.

11. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31

I could never get into the assassin... After playing one till lv 35 or so i concluded that Blizard just rehashed skills from the other classes. The first tab is sorceress skills, shadow disciplines are a jumble of classes(lets see off the top of my head... claw proficiency=barbarian, venom=necro's poison dagger, mind blast=paladins conversion, shadow duplicate, both flavors,=valkarie).

12. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Dual claw weilding with phoenix strike and a dragon claw (I think that is the one I use) finishing move is awesome. Some skill points thrown into burst of speed and I can cause havoc against monsters (I don't PvP). I team up with my level 98 act 2 defense merc and my shadow warrior (who is very good at throwing down traps) and let the killing begin.

13. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I used mainly tiger strike, cobra strike and dragon claw as finisher. lightning sentries were also useful against "immune to physical damage" enemies (god I hated those). Then again she was meant for boss killing and item hunting more than actually being efficent in killing large groups of monsters. Speed burst is naturally mandatory, without it you'll just be too slow. ;)

EDIT: Forgot to actually answer the question. Well assassins were my favorite but before LoD came along I prefered paladins. I have never played barbarians and never will. ;)

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

paladin for me

will there be a 3? :confused:

15. Celesialraven Gems: 11/31

Has anyone else tried the Druid with investments in Armagedon, werewolf and fireclaw (with rage for the fire immunes)? it seems quite powerful with all the fire synargies, but i dont hear a lot about it. could be because it gets kinda boring, but thats the story of this game... play it for 2 months solid, take a 6 month break. As of now, its the oldest game that a)i've had on my hdd since its release in 2000 b)continue going back to year after year

Things dont look likely. After 1, the folks at B left an opening for a sequal with the CHARNAME shoving the soulstone in his head (brilliant). D2 left room for Bhael, but perminently killed Mephisto and Diablo by destroying their essense by smashing up their soul stones. LOD tied it all up by destroying Bhael and smashing the worldstone. Zo, if there is a 3 it wont have the same baddies. It might exist in the form of a 'real hell on earth' scenario, however, as the world is no longer protected from the Demon-Angel war by the soul-stone. I have to admit, being able to build a Haradrim would be nice, even if they're all supposedly extinct.

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

@ Enagonios

There was a topic about it some time ago. No facts, but personally I'm pretty certain that it's only a matter of time. Will it be just another quick, cash-in trash-burger or a real, well-developed game; that's the question.

17. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The Amazon used to be my favorite, since she was the first one I beat the game with. A Paladin is also fun, and I'm working on a hardcore one. I played an Assassin, but got bored around Act 5. Necro just doesn't do it for me, and I've never tried a Barbarian. Haven't played a Druid much, though he seems cool. Right now, I'm loving my Sorceress. Sheer power. I can't spend all the mana she has if I tried. It's great.

Off topic I know, but am I the only one who thinks that it makes absolutely NO sense to smash the soul stones? If they're meant to imprison the Three, wouldn't that just release them? Death certainly wasn't a problem before that. Secondly, watching the end movie for LoD, I'm positive that there was something in the Worldstone. Third point. In Act One, some of the gossip from several of the people says that the last they heard, Cain was insane, no longer able to distinguish fact from fantasy. Of course, when he shows up, all that disappears.

And I'm fairly sure that Blizzard is working on Diablo 3. A couple of months ago, they advertised for several job openings. One was for a team leader for the "team that created the award winning Diablo and Diablo 2", or something like that. Some of the others were for sound and environmental designer, with an emphasis on making creepy atmospheric stuff. It sure as crap wasn't for WoW, job openings for that are always listed as such.

18. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I've tried all spellcasting classes (not much interested in more combat-oriented stuff, though the Amazon is interesting), and the one I had most fun with was the Sorceress. I admit she's overpowered (Firewall does INSANE damage at the high levels. I think that in an earlier patch it can go as high as 1000...), but ultimately it's fun being able to blast just about anything without ever being touched.

Necro was fun, but I never played for too long with him. If I ever replay the game (which is extremely unlikely), I'll probably use him.

Druid was a little disappointing. It seemed like a cross between a Sorceress and a Necro, but weaker than both. Since I didn't play too long with that one either, I could be wrong.

19. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

1000 is not insane, my level 69 sorceress does 4800 fire damage per second, that would be insane.

20. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Sorceress... Simple, yet complex. Perfection.

Oh, and I wouldn't think a 6600 Firewall overly difficult.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.