1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Oldest game you play

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Great Snook, Mar 20, 2005.

1. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3!

Populous - The Beginning

Baldur's Gate

These are timeless games that I will play for many more years.

2. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Diablo
    Fallout
    Might and Magic VI

All classics

3. AlBeRtO Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The oldest game I play is
    Impossible Mission - Epyx - 1984
    I play it on PC using a Commodore 64 emulator.
    It's one of the greatest games ever: actions & puzzles, about 2 hours of enjoyment every time I play!

4. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Probably one of the Megaman games for NES. Those games are classic! I would also be playing Civ II: Test of Time but the only person I know with the CD moved away about a month before I got a CD burner. :(

5. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

hmm probably Quest for glory 1 or monkey island. but have some older games I intent to play, but both games i complete at least once a year. some times I take a qfg marathon and plays trough all 5 games.

6. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Might And Magics 3-5.

TIE Fighter.

7. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Mmmh...the oldest game I currently play would be "Adventure"/"Colossal Cave Adventure", which I think happens to be the very first Adventure game...

The oldest game I play regularly would be some pretty old games from my Adventure Game collection ("LOOM", "The Secret of Monkey Island" "King's QUest V", "King's Quest VI", and some others.), and also the Shareware version of "ROBOT" (One day I will get the full version...one day...at least of the third one: "The Island of Holy Trial"...I'm going to walk up to the homepage, and when it asks "Cu isz u cu il?" I will reply "Ta.", and for 15 gold nuggets, I will complete the game!!!)

Also, I get out my old AMIGA (590) at least onece a year, and play the old games like "Titus the Fox", "Treasure Island Dizzy", "Giana Sisters", "Rick Dangerous", "The Swords and the Roses", and all the wonderful games we have.

8. Istolil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

King's Quest, Space Quest and Police Quest, updated to run on newer systems. Ahh classic Sierra.

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Ultima VII: The Black Gate (1992) probably takes it. I played Ultima IV quite a bit last summer, when Windows Me broke and I couldn't play BGII, but I completed it. I've got the original Civilisation & Dune II around somewhere, too... I have to get those out again some time; after exams methinks! With so many good, old games knocking about, it'd be criminal to leave them gathering dust, wouldn't it? :p

10. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Zork is the oldest game I play, unless one of my other text based games is older? Dunno...but Zork is definately up there at the top!

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The computer that we have at the family cottage has Jeopardy and Family Fued games dating back to the mid 80s on it.

Apart from those I play an old version of Hoyle Classic Card Games, Civ2 and MoO2 quite regularly.

Every once in a while I reinstall and replay the first CRPG I ever had - Bard's Tale. It is a bit crude and simplistic but I still like it.

12. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yay!. I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who mentioned Moo2.

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Civilization I. This and Heroes of Might and Magic 3 are probably the games I play most regularly, but Civ is quite a bit older :)

14. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    PONG!

Take that, bitches.

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31

For Christmas, my brother was given one of those controllers that plugs directly into the t.v. and lets you play Pong in all of its low graphical quality glory.

Ironically, it seems to crash quite frequently. Yep, in thirty years we have come so far that we can't even make a working Pong game anymore. :lol:

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm sure a patch will be along soon. :shake:

17. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Chess

Actually I don't play that regularly, but it is one of the oldest games so I thought I'd throw it in.

18. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

X-Com and Fallout

19. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Age of Empire I (1998)
    Command and Conquer: Red Alert (1998)
    Those are the oldest games on my PC.
    I also have Mario II and StreetFighter cartridges for that Atari console that fits into the TV.

20. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

In order to play new games I'd have to uppgrade my PC, but the old ones I have are great. :)

Alpha Centauri, Civ II/III, Fallout I/II, BG I/II, HoMM III/IV.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.