1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Oldest game you play

Discussion in 'Playground' started by The Great Snook, Mar 20, 2005.

1. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I was wondering what the oldest game people still play regularly is.

For me the oldest I still play all the time is Master of Orion II.

After that it would Diablo 2 LOD.

2. Heerscher Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Sid Meier's Colonization! I recently completed a game with the Dutch (who else) on the Americas map and got a score of 117% (difficulty level: governor). I even reached the population limit!

I just love the old turn-based games like Civilization I and II and Colonization...

3. Newfie Banned

Fallout, probably twice a year.

4. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Star Control II, the remake version. The super meele battles are just awesome with a friend. ;)

5. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Civilization II: Test of Time. Wonderful game, that. Recently started up a new game of it in fact, as Grand Magistrate Li'netha of the Ponn Jahr in the Sci-Fi scenario.

6. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

Ultima I - VII. I have an old laptop that I keep around solely for playing these games.

I'm currently playing Heroes of Might and Magic III, which is fairly old.

7. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Day of the Tentacle

One of the funniest game I've played.

8. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Regulary? I'm still playing SMACX.

After that, I still go back to Ultima VII sometimes.

9. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Gotta be BG I.
    Best puchase I've ever made.

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

You guys are making me feel old.

Starflight (1981).

11. RuneQuester Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Civ' II:Test of Time if you ignore the fact that it is basically a more modern OS friendly version of the much older Civ II w/ Fantastic Worlds.

I also play a whole slew of other older RPGs(roguelikes included but often updated versions such as Falcon's Eye Nethack) and such.

Games such as Heroes III(Complete ed.), Warlords III:DLR, Jagged Alliance 2, BG/BG2/Fallout/etc. and several others never leave my HD.

12. Pablo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Excluding games that I've already finished and are merely replaying, it'd have to be BloodNet (1993).

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Warcraft 2, but in the improved Battle.net edition.

14. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Magic the Gathering (1995) is still installed on my Win98. I occassionally play a few card duels when I have time to kill.

15. Shalladeth Is it ignorance or apathy? I don't know and I don'

@Rastor

Starflight! Now there's a blast from the past! I had both 1 and 2 and played them religeously! Oh, those wiley Spemens! What a great game!

Anyone ever play Mordor? I recently dug up my old copy and installed it. It isn't quite as fun as when I used to play it constantly, but it's great for a bit of nostalgia.

16. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The original Jagged Alliance.

17. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Modded version of Fallout 2

18. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Icewind Dale and BGII are the two oldest games I have loaded on my hard drive and play regularly. I think they both came out about the same time, but I can't remember which one came out first. :hmm:

But, Lands of Lore - Guardians of Destiny, is the oldest game I have loaded at the moment. But I don't play it very much.

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Diablo. Then BG after that. Hmm, come to think of it, I don't really have that many PC games, I just keep playing them over and over...

20. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Anacreon probably - though I play the updated version. Have a bunch of Atari ST games here that I've never played though.

Otherwise there's Fallout or PS:T...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.