1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Ziad, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

No KOTOR2 runs better on my computer than KOTOR1. But there is a funny story involving my videocard. With a Radeon X300 and its original drivers, I could not play the movies on KOTOR2, but the game ran perfectly. I installed the new drivers, and now can play the movies. The game runs even better...except on parts of Dantooine, where I get chunky movement and terrible slow-downs, an old problem from KOTOR1. Argh.

Anyway, KOTOR2 is awesome and if you liked the first one you need to get the second one.

2. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, i've been playing it for months now and never seem to get tired of it (@ Faraaz gogo orc and let the Nelves suffer ;) )

And playing the Gothic series a bit, which all of you either boycot or never played because this games are great for any fantasy RPG-player.

I will try to get KOTOR2 soon but i´m not really sure if i want to pay 50 euro for it.

3. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Everquest 2 (damnit!). I know! Stupid stupid stupid! Must... reach... level... 20!

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Currently, only two games: The Sims 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap. Both rather good games, but have some major faults. Minish Cap is a bit immature whereas The Sims 2 does not have guts to take any obvious steps forward in the areas of functionality and *cough* WooHoo.

After those, I really have to finish Metroid Prime 2; thus far it has been rather bland like the rest of N's products...

5. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Playing World of Warcraft round the clock basically....

6. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Hearts of Iron 2, people so often underestimate the power of heavy strategy. ;)

7. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Rome:Total War with Seleucid Empire.

8. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Knights of the Old Republic 2.

Almost to the end I believe.

9. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

KOTOR 2
    Star Wars Galaxies (I became a Jedi! :D )
    Planescape: Torment.

10. GrinninIdjut Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Baldur's Gate (The original in all of its 640x480 glory for when I feel nostalgic.)
    Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (When I feel sneaky.)
    Painkiller (When I feel dumb.)
    World of Warcraft (When I am breathing :) )

11. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Various fighter and side-scrolling shooters for an arcade emulator, and some Diablo 2.

12. Newfie Banned

Just finished Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (pretty good game) and about to battle the Sith on KOTOR 2.

13. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I just finished going through Magic the Gathering again. It's fun coming up with card combinations and then implementing it in the game and rolling over opponents. Still trying to find compact, efficient decks with high probability of being able to draw the right card at the right moment. ie: high probability of winning.

Right now I'd rather not start anything new because of school. So it's just back to short 30 minute time killers like card games, Super Smash Brothers, or custom Warcraft 3 maps. But I am tempted to restart BG2 again.

So chalk another one up for replaying old games. :)

Oh by the way Ziad, do you know where I can download a copy of Ultima 3? I seem to have misplaced my PC version. And, get this, my Apple ][ version doesn't work anymore. :D

14. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm currently playing:

Sanitarium (SCAAARY!!!!)

LOOM (VGA Talkie version) (I finally found a reasonably priced copy!)

Baldur's Gate (you all know thisn one :p )

EGYPTE 1156 AV. J-C. -- The Pharaoh's Tomb

Tony Tough - Night of the Roasted Moths (Still haven't finished it...)

7 Days a Sceptic (the sequel to the great amateur adventure "5 Days a Stranger" by Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw - If you need a good thriller/scary game, play this)

The Neverhood (a masterpiece - a game produced with a camera, and three tons of clay...er, "Klay")

The entire "Reality-on-the-Norm" saga (which has about 25 games - not counting text adventures and arcade games. I'm always playing one or two of them)

Soon to play (as soon as I get my new computer):

Egypt 3 (sequel to "Egypte 1156 AV. J.-C." which I mentioned earlier)

The Moment of Silence (I already have it, because I'm in germany, and this is where it was first released)

Toonstruck (actually, this I will play as soon as I mounted my CD drive on DOSBox)

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Blog, you software pirate! :nono: :lol:

No idea where you can get the game. I have the Ultima Collection CD. Great little gem. Oh, and your Apple II version CAN still work! Just get an Apple II emulator! AppleWin works very well.

Of course, the problem could be with the floppy not working....

16. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I just started Fallout again yesterday.

@Jazhara7: do you mean The Neverhood Chronicles? I'll probably give it another go. I wasn't very impressed the first time I tried it.

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I finished my evil campaign in Battle for Middle Earth and I have moved on to KOTOR 2.

18. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@ Colthrun: I am not sure. I think they are related, but "Neverhood Chronicles" might be another game. I know that there was the game "Skullmonkeys" which played in the same universe (the Skullmonkeys are mentioned in "The Neverhood", in the Hall of Records), but is a Jump and Run.

The JAVE entry on "The Neverhood"
    *JAVE = "Just Adventure Virtual Encyclopedia"

I also forgot an important game I'm playing right now:

Zork (Many of you might know what this is. The ones who don't: I pity you )

19. Eric Xanthus Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

People who don't know Zork should not be allowed to play video games. Or own computers. Sorry, thems the facts of life.

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have never heard of Zork. Is he some sort of gangster?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.