1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dumping Imoen

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by miniwoo, May 3, 2001.

1. miniwoo Guest

[​IMG] I dumped imoen at the start of the spellhold maze (dont u just hate it?). now im feeling guilty, will she make it out, and is it crucial that she be there when you get her soul back?

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yes, she will manage to escape alone (?!). I also kissed her goodbye wher played second time...
    You can get her in Copper Coronet later (was that the name of Inn in Slums?).

It is not important that she remains in the party even when you're butchering Bodhi. After that's done, you can go and talk to Imoen about her soul, and forget her for life.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited May 03, 2001).]

3. miniwoo Guest

[​IMG] *Releif washes over miniwoo, and he sits in silent contemplation of how much better Jan is than Imoen*

Thanks!

4. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Of course there is another way......

I let her find her own way home the first time then got her to join the party back at the Coronet. I then played the rest of the game frustrated that she was so useless compared to the rest of the party.

Second time through I decided to cheat a bit (and manged to convince myself it was justified). I reckoned that she had spent all that time in the dungeon surrounded by powerful mages and had had Iranicus 'teaching' (as has been pointed out to me before - tortured) her. So, I used a cheat to bump up her experience to the level of the character she replaced in the group. She was then great as a party member.

Of course, the other way is simply to get to Spellhold as quickly as possible and free her. In this way she will pick up all the experience on the other quests that everone normally completes in Chapter 2.

If you're interested in the cheat to add experience (beware where temtation leads you) have a look here:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/cheats.php

PS It's always a good idea to save the game before using any sort of cheats, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2017
  5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well she's not bad when you get her back in the group, I think the torures of the wizards and Jon were experiencing too :) You can indeed choose to dump her but don't forget that she's your sister and the victim of the same bastard.

6. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I just got to Spellhold (first time) and initially dumped her, she retorted and Minsc was like Whooaaa. So, I took her back fearful of in party political repurcussions. She sucks man. So far, she's been good at firing an occasional arrow and hanging in the back. I keep her armored with Night's Gift for now, so no casting just yet. I did leave H'D in Spellhold for her, and may yet dump Imoen and switch back to really check this guy out. Also, a spoiler request if you don't mind-do I get my "soul" back? I noticed I lost my special abilities with it when Jon took it from me. Whats the story here?

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

The story is you won't be needing those anymore, just hang tight you're going to get something else soon enough...Mwahahaha

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I found out Imoen being rather good with CF, Gesen Bow and the Gauntlets of Archery and some other good stuff. And then she's also a good spellcaster.

9. Silroth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] It's amazing, how people judge mages like Nalia and Imoen by their hacking and thieving skills (both dualed early)!?!
    Is spell casting so difficult??
    Would you judge your girlfriend by whether she could win a biting match against Mike Tyson? I hope people here do have a broader mind.

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Yep. Imoen is not only my main spellcaster in the group - as a cavalier I´d never leave a girl (even more my sister) in danger.

However, she does much better damage when using spells than with a regular weapon. Her thieving skills are really useful for my group. So she´s a great addition for my party.

11. Those arguments were so good slappy you've got me convinced to, guess I'll do the same when I get there... :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.