1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favorite Item?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by war999, Oct 17, 2002.

1. war999 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] what favorite items do people have? not just weapons, but items. my favs are the deck of many things (because of the randomness butr coolness) and drizzt's stuff ( :evil: cause i love killing the supposedly undefeatable drow :evil: )

2. Jim Babwe Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I think the most powerful item in the game is the cloak of reflection from the priest in Sahaugin city. Being immune to magical damage certainly has its perks. After that, I would have to vote for any of the strength girdles, the boots of speed and the bag of holding.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    My favorite is the Robe of Vecna. Love that reduced casting time.

4. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] My favorite items are: The Silver Sword, the Ring of the Ram and, of course, the Cloak of Mirroring.

Robe of Vecna? Where do you get that? :hmm:

[ October 17, 2002, 17:54: Message edited by: Blackhawk ]

5. StormCast Gems: 3/31

Robe of venca (one of my two favourites) is only awailable from one of the bonus merchants.

Robe of venca and amulet of power must be my ultimate favourite items(they do wonder with a sorceror, havent been beaten yeath :D and I got some advanced difficulti paches installed)

If u get ToB, they are especialy deadly... [snip]

[ToB spoilers deleted. Go read what's allowed in this forum.] -Tal

Hmzz.. forgot that one... sorry wont happen again. Promise

[ October 18, 2002, 12:59: Message edited by: StormCast ]

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Jan's stuff. Very nifty. :D

7. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Favorite item has to be the ring gaxx; simply amazing.

8. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Lilarcor! OH GOD! He is so cool. I quote "So, we gunna kill something now?"

9. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have to second Lilacor!

I wish there were more enchanted weapons like that! Its nice to see a weapon that loves its work! :)

10. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ring of Gaxx and Boots of Speed. Nothing beats that combination. (Unless you're a monk, then the boots are useless.)

Arrows of Detonation are also fun; too bad they are so rare. :aww:

Tuigan Bow + arrows of detonation = 3 fireballs per round! :cool:

11. Sylvan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My favourite item by far would have to be the Robe of Vecna, playing a mage - it certainly makes a difference casting instantaneous magic missiles or firing out a Time Stop spell followed by a barrage of deadly Horrid Wilting, incendairy clouds or meteor swarms :D

12. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Robe of Vecna (casting time!), Carsomyr (great damage, dispel magic), Ring of Gaxx and Celestial Fury :)

Edit: I forgot Mace of Disruption +2 (I killed Bodhi and Kangaxx the Demi-lich with it)!

[ November 05, 2002, 14:33: Message edited by: Harkle ]

13. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

1. - Unholy Reaver
    2. - Ring of Gaxx
    3. - Celestial Fury
    4. - Boots of Speed
    5. - Lilarcor

14. Modhi Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hmm.. Ring of Gaxx, Carsomyr, and Celestial Fury. Not only are they powerful but you have to sweat for them! Lost count of how many times I got killed in those fights. :cool:

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Methinks this thread should be in the ToB forum, but whatever.

Fallen Paladin, what the heck is the Unholy Reaver? Or is that some custom item that someone made?

Ring of Gaxx is pretty cool, as is AoP, but I don't really have any favorite items.

16. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

An Unholy Reaver is a two handed sword i found in Shadowkeeper. It is a +4 sword usable only by Anti/Fallen Paladins. Don't know if you can find it in the game.

In short: It's an Anti-Carsomyr :evil:

[ October 19, 2002, 18:39: Message edited by: Fallen Paladin ]

17. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I think you find the Unholy Reaver in the underdark, wielded by a githyanki (sp?).

My favourite item is the Bladesingers mail +4. It looks so cool when it glows. And of course the Sword of Chaos +2

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Black Reaver can be found in Hell when choosing the evil path.

I kinda liked Crom Faeyr and the mace of Disruption +2 for my Cleric(/Ranger). Crom is a bit overpowered maybe, but you have to do some nice things before you can get it.

I also have an affinity with (dualing) scimitars and the Heartseeker when playing an Elven Archer.

And I take my Bag of Holding with me everywhere I go.

19. StormCast Gems: 3/31

hehe Ring of Gaxx is a no sweat... 4 protection from undead and a single fighter ore thief and whats take time is to goo from one place to another... but it helps if ur over lvl 10

20. Demogorog Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Robe of Vecna
    Silver Sword
    Crom Fayer
    Ring of Gaxx
    Celestial Fury
    Boots of Speed
    Black Dragon Scales

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.