1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The 100 Games You Must Own

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Harbourboy, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

More than 1500, it's good to have a friend who's a betatester for a gamesmagazine. :D I build my own little gameparadise overhere.

Btw...Snooker and Cricket...what a VERY British poll. :D

[ November 05, 2004, 09:33: Message edited by: Pac man ]

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

-- 007: EVERYTHING OR NOTHING
    -- BLACK AND WHITE
    -- DEUS EX: INVISIBLE WAR
    -- DOOM 3
    -- FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES
    -- GRIM FANDANGO
    -- THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: THE WIND WAKER
    -- TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 2005

These to mention as "average" games that you definitely do NOT need to own -and I have tested almost every one of them. Also, most of them have got only pretty average reviews too on other sites.

Since Halo 2 is in the list, that must mean they have reviewed the warezed version. :D

3. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've got 5 of them. Odd list.

4. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I have like 15-20, don't feel like counting them. No N64-game is still available in stores, but I haven't seen BG2 often, never mind Dungeon Keeper 2...

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I have 1, Baldur's Gate II.

However, I have played 21.

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Woo...I've got 23 of those...

That list isn't very good but. They have Halo 2 on, it isn't out yet. :nono:

Besides, they included Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles...which immediately disqualifies the list from any claims at credibility.

7. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I've had 9 of those. But I've given or sold some 4-5 of those away.

There's a huge bunch there that would get to my list of "top 100 of the crappiest games I've ever tried", though.

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Except for the games covered by SP and Monkey Island series, I don't have many games (unless I count the games stored on 1.44Discs, too)

Was Caesar III on the list or AoE? Didn't see them.

I had 5 Btw

9. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I've got 6...but I've played more

10. Lord Revan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have 34 but the best are Baldurs Gate II,Knights of the Old Republic (can not wait for the sequel to come out) and Warcraft III. Oh btw i agree they should have put Curse of Monkey Island istead of Escape from Monkey Island , it was far better game.

11. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I've got 15 of them and I definitely doesn't like there list. Escape from monkey island was a lousy game compared to the other MI games.
    FF VII was much better then FF X.
    and Black and white was boring after a couple of levels, wouldn't call that a must have

12. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Got 9.

I'm surprised they had Rise of Nations and CivIII but not Age of Empire 1 or 2.

And I think everyone should have a copy of Full Throttle. I think that was the first game I ever played.

13. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I have full throttle. ;)

14. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

12, as in agreement with most above - list is pretty poor overall, FF VII or any older games bar few. Ah well.

15. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Remember people - the idea of this list is games to buy NOW that are avaliable in stores. Yet even though Planescape and BG II aren't exactly 'avaliable' since Black Isle kicked it.

16. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Let's see:
    16, plus around 5 or so that I've played.
    I have Full Throttle too :) Second game I ever bought.

17. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I've got 26 of the games mentioned. I miss some truly remarkable games though.

18. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have 6, but the only game that I consider worth having is Baldur's Gate II

(Man, they don't even have Starcraft, WTF?)

19. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I was confused about Animal Crossing. What the hell are they thinking? Why do they have that in the same list as Doom 3?!?

20. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The fact that so many of these are console games make it so you can already tell that this thing is completely innacurate. Looks like they just picked the newest crap out for the consoles and plopped it in the list.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.