1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Game Quote.....eeh game

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Apeman, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

2. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Sounds 8-bit Theater-y, so I'm gonna guess one of the Final Fantasies. 2?

3. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hints, huh? How about three?

The character who says this A: Is described as the most evil being to ever walk his land, B: Is the main character in three games (though there are more games in the series), and C: Is obsessed with fate and destiny.

One of those oughtta be enough.

[ December 26, 2004, 01:06: Message edited by: Kam ]

4. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well the only game series I can even think of that has had any more than three games and would fit that description is the final fantasy series but they were allready mentioned, the quote does seem to be from some japanese roleplaying game though, but since I do not like them and have only played a few I'll go with something else. I'm going to say Legend of Kyrandia even though I think the series was only three games long and Malcom was the main character in only one of them.

5. toughluck Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

M&M (Might & Magic) 4 or 5, I'm not sure if they are even close. If it is either of M&Ms, however, could you refresh my memory as to who says it?

6. Kam Gems: 15/31

Sorry, it's neither Legend of Kyrandia or Might and Magic. The game it's said in isn't even an RPG, though the first game in the series was.

7. toughluck Gems: 8/31

Quest for Glory? It had four parts, so it's more than three :)

(Morgoroth mentioned this quote akin to Japanes RGP style - maybe it's some Zelda game?)

But my guess stands: Quest for Glory?

8. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Dune 2?
    The first game in that series was somekind of rpg....

9. Morgoroth

This is getting very desperate but I'll guess one of the Warlords games.

10. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Can't be quest for glory, it had 5 parts, but the same main char through the entire series and he wasn't exactly evil

My guess: Is it Legacy of kain: Blood omen? he is the main char in the blood omens, but is kinda the main evil in the Soul reaver's.

11. Kam Gems: 15/31

Equester gets it. It was actually Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, when he's talking to Raziel at the end in Mobius's Time Streaming Chamber. Or, of course, in Soul Reaver 2. Or Defiance for that matter. By Defiance, he's one of the heroes again. Sort of.

12. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

hmm I can't really come up with some unique quote right now, so you'll get a softball

"Hear me oh spirits of magic and mana, turn this fool into a species called rana"

13. Morgoroth

Sounds like one of the Diskworld games, can't say I remember the quote though.

14. toughluck Gems: 8/31

Simon the Sorcerer?

15. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

it's neither Diskworld or Simon the sorcerer, allthough it is that genre

16. Morgoroth

That quote is starting to sound familiar and being a big fan of adventure games I should know it. I think it's Grim Fandango and one of the commies in the Blue Casket bar.

17. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Nope not grim fandango either, it's much older.
    hint time?

18. toughluck Gems: 8/31

King's Quest? (Any part at all?)

19. Equester Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Nope but damn close.
    the line is spoken in a game there is at least 3 versions of (not counting translations) and it is spoken by a witch of Slavic origin.

20. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Quest for Glory ?

For some reason your description of the witch brings to mind a clear picture of Baba Yaga, and there are 3 versions of the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.