1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The scariest game monster you've seen...

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Malovae, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Believe it or not, but I simply cannot stand the zombies of Thief 1. In any other game they are fine with me, but in Thief they are a huge hinderance and never want to STAY DOWN. :nolike:

The biggest reason why I do not play that particular game so much...

2. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The undead in RTCW and the Aliens and Predators in AvP2.

I *always* scream out loud when I play those games. :D

3. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

*insert random Silent Hill enemy here*

Seriously...hands down...I actually yelled in fright (and no small amount of horror) the first time those floating ghost things came up at me.

[ August 25, 2004, 18:32: Message edited by: Faraaz ]

4. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Really, just playing Aliens vs. Predator is scary... If you are playing the Marine, that is... Damn it's scary when all of a sudden an alien comes jumping from a dark ceiling, straight into your face...

5. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Alone in the dark also scared me, just like silent hill, it was only the demo, number 4 I think.

You know I think I might stop playing these scary demos in the dark, other wise I'm never gonna beable to buy one of these games!

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Wirhe, you can kill the zombies in The Dark Project by using water arrows on a fountain with holy water.
    Then shoot those arrows at them and they should explode.

7. Bluerose Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I had (have) the same problem as Wirhe, you never know when those zombies are going to rise. It doesn't help that I don't want to "waste" any arrows even if they can't be used anywhere else, and that I'm constantly running around trying to figure out where I am.

It always seems that the holy water are too scare or lasts too short. I don't think I ever made it past the secont level... There were lots of hammerites in a small room that I couldn't figure out how to pass. I just can't fully appreciete such games.

8. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Definately in agreement with you there, scared me so much, first time I walked into the room with the corpses in it, only to have one (or was it two?) of them leap up and shamble towards you.

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

@ Morgoth

I know, and Bluerose knows it too. ;) They simply aren't there when you need them, and when you have them; the duration is never long enough. Thus you end up circling around and figuring where to go next, all the while you get "YyyyOOOyyOOo-SPLURG." Damn annoying, and the reason why I cannot stand those zombies. Even though I have heard that the Undead Catherdal is pretty interesting place to visit...

AvP also has some interesting monsters, but after playing online (generally speaking) they somehow do not feel so scary. *Rifle* *Kablooie* *Toasted alien*

Not the mention that the AI is pretty stupid...

10. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

This is a bit of topic but have you ever tried to throw a flash bomb at a group of zombies in Thief 1? The result is quite interesting :evil:

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG]
    kinda silly hehe. i just jumped into the water because i thought that there may be some items and stuff at the bottom :rolleyes:

12. DrowLicious Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

The first really scary game monster i ever saw was Resident Evil 2's the 'Licker' for PSX. It was the first real monster you faced in the opening of the game and the little scene they added was, dare I say it, neato.

13. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You'll laugh, but...the one time I've jumped out of my seat was in Thief 2, cruising through Karras' mansion. Everyone was knocked out, all was quiet, and then after opening the safe with the new scriptures, I turn the corner to leave...and there's that golden mechanical kid waving at me before running off.

AIYEE!

14. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

It isn't a monster and it doesn't scare me but it causes a huge despair when I see it in the battlefield. It's the soviet JS-II tank in Close Combat III. I shoot this monstrosity with everything I have, 88mm AT guns, Panthers, Tigers, Konig Tigers and the damn thing doesn't explode and keeps destroying my tanks one after another. If I'm not lucky enough to hit it in a weak spot or to destroy its tracks, I have to send my slow Konig Tiger behind it in order to hit in the rear and this isn't the most easy thing to do.

15. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

God yeah, those zombster had me so freaked out me out in thief... I was almost sick with fright...
    Also, FarCry sports some pretty freaky critters, but generally I don't really play *scary* games as I like other games too much.
    Thief just intrigued me immensely, still does, I plan on buying Thief 3 as soon as I manage to amass the funds
    :borg:

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31

@ Grey Magistrate

I remember that too. :D At that time it hadn't yet seen me, and I were thinking that it had to be some kind of alarm-thingie, so I thought I'd better smash it down. Ended up running up and down the halls with a blackjack in hand, a golden kid running as fast as he could, and me whispering "Here kiddy-kiddy-kiddy..." :shake:

Only to notice you couldn't destroy the damn thing.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.