1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Good Games Out These Days

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Dalveen, May 22, 2004.

1. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Right, my mother is going to singapore soon, and games there are cheaper than they are in Britain.
    I was just wanting to know which good games are out over there that would be worth asking my mother to buy for me.

Ive already asked her to pickup NWN and its expansions and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorrow, but i dont really know any new games that are out that are any good.

Im only really into RTS, RPG and the occasional shoot-em up.

Please post any games you think are worth buying.

I need a few before Monday which is when she leaves.

Games can be for either PC or Xbox

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

3. Dalveen

Media:
    Ok, Sarevok, i was kinda hoping for more feedback than that, and by the way, your wrong, ive already got 5 games on my list, and there expansions.

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

None. I have played everything that has come out over the past year, well anything with a half decent review and they all suck. I guess they would be ok if you are easily pleased.

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

How about Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Unreal Tournamnet 2004?

6. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

City of Heroes is also good, a broad appeal MMORPG that you can solo or play easily in teams. Also Knights of the Old Republic does indeed rock.

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

City of Heroes would only be good if you have a good internet connection, and are willing to pay 15 dollars a month.

8. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Warlords Battlecry III is to be released anytime. You'll love this if you love RPG and a little RTS. Never gets boring.

As for RPG's...no. Maybe Beyond Divinity, if you devote your gaming time to that game only, it can be worth it.

Else, settle with old faves like NWN and MW

9. Dalveen

Media:
    Well, if you have read the City of Heroes thread then you will realize i play Dark Age of Camelot (which is cheaper) so i wont be needing another MMORPG, and i own Kights of the old republic, and now ive jsut added Unreal Tournament 2004 to my list :p .

10. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Haven't played it but have heard good things about Far Cry. ALot of good titles are coming out soon though so just wait and you will have your pick of good games.

11. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I've heard excellent things about Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. I can't wait to get my Xbox to play that and Knights.

12. Gehn Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ninja Gaiden! I can say first hand it's good, and what's more it got 9/10 in Edge! In Edge! That has to count for something.

13. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

far cry is indeed a good game...long but good.

14. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31

Farcry is boring

15. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Riiight, now here's what you really need:
    Tetris!

You might wanna take lemmings as well. Some awsome graphics there :roll:

Anyway, i agree with Sarevok, there's nothing new that's really good. Unreal should take care of the shooter needs, KotOR RPGs and nothing for RTS. If you're not into roleplaying you could also pick IWD2 if you dont already have it.

16. Tassadar Gems: 23/31

Veteran

If your computer is good enough, get Doom 3 when it comes out.

17. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I take it your mums back now Dalveen, so what games did you get in the end.

@Sarevok You've certainly got a knack for constuctive criticism ;) :p .

18. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Just a little late, and I'm not even sure if they make it for Xbox, but you should definately try True Crime: Streets of LA if they do, or else invest in a PS2. I actually traded in BG: Dark Alliance 2 for it and am totally satisfied because its a shoot-em-up RPG, where you choose by your actions to be good cop or bad cop and which ending you wanna complete. Also, try Grand Theft Auto: Vice City if you get the chance because you will either love it or hate it, no in between.

19. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I am some king of "game maniac" so I buy 2 or 3 games/month, I play all kind of games, froma racing to rol and all over back.
    I must agree Sarevok, there's almost nothing new that you can say "I must have it", but it all ends in a matter of taste. From my point of view, there's always the same thing around, let's say those "Quake" style games, there all the same, but if you like to go around just killing without ask who's who then you have tons of options. Racing games? all the same, and since EA doesn't make any more of those all-the-same-F1(year)you don't have much room, but there's plenty of options also but no one (trust me, I bought several) is worth the time.
    So, I guess the choice is your, when I buy a game, usually I search for info in the web, just to see pics and things like that, if you read the reviews you would find that for some type of people the game is good, but others sucks.
    I just bought Praetorians, because I like what Eidos did in Commandos saga, so, other choice is to see what the big or the best companies make.want some names? Blizzard, EA, Eidos, IA. etc...
    Ever try emulators? they are great... try MAME, NeoGEO etc...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.