1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

bad endings

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Djieff, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

To me, the most disapointing ending to a computer game EVER has to be Eye of the Beholder I.

I mean, it was a good game and all, but I remember way back when I beat the beholder at the end for the first time (was that already so long ago?), being so proud of myself... and then this lame blue screen appears, basically saying "congratulations, sucker!"

That has to be the single suckiest ending to a game ever.

Anybody has similar experiences/memories?

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Viconia's in ToB.

Seiken Dententsu 3e: Really not a bad ending, just not good enough and too short for such a marvelous game.

3. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

IWD2 had a particularly crap ending. You spend the entire game building up your powers for an awesome fight with your enemies and then, right at the moment where you're about to kill them, some mage teleports in and the game ends. Worst ending I've ever come across.

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Quake N64, after all my effort I was awarded with just a "good job soldier" no movie, no story no nothing, just "good job soldier :cry:

5. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The original Lemmings ending was rather disappointing. After grinding through 120 levels, including 30 levels of utter mayhem, they pop up text message saying congrats.

I guess I should forgive since it was just a puzzle game from before 1993?? ish.

6. Eaglearrow Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Bad ending: Unreal 1, a tiny endboss after hours and hours battling worse enemies, then a floating spaceshuttle and credits.

Best ending so far: ANACHRONOX

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Spiro the dragon #1 for playstation X. I was expecting a little more.

8. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I agree with David here, the end of Icewind Dale 2 was very dissapointing.

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Curse of Monkey Island. The whole game is great, but the ending felt like they only had 5MB of space left on the CD and had to make the ending short enough to fit.

10. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I can't even remember the name, but it was some ninja type game on the commodore 64

The storyline was that there was a president of the world who had risen to power as a child because he was so clever, kind, just, fair etc etc, but the power had corrupted him and he'd stopped future elections from happening, and he had loads of ninja robots or something

The game ends by you walking down this corrider, you punching him once, and him falling over

I had to complete the game several times to make sure that I hadn't just got lucky and see if he could actually fight... but nope, he just sucked

Great :confused:

11. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yeah, the ending to IWD2 was just plain unmemorable. The bosses sucked and the battle sucked, right down to the interruption at the end. And the bosses and their underlings have no explanation of who they are at all. The only trick and fun part to last battle was killing that mage way off in the corner who kept summoning big beasties.

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

TIE Fighter CD i found alittle dissapointing.

Instead of changing the history of the universe forever by fighting at the battle of Endor, you go on some silly mission to do something that i can't even remember!

And all that happens is that the guy talks to you saying, we surely have victory! C**k!

13. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    the biggest dissapointment i got was the ending to zelda64. You go through all this crap, save everybody, become a hero, and then what? You go back in time to being a little boy nobody gives a crap about. That sucked!

14. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

[​IMG] IWD2's ending was a rip-off after the finest D&D combat-based experience I had ever had!!

Also, the ending for Halo kinda sucked...you run around killing all sorts of stuff and BLOW UP an entire planet (which I liked a lot btw, :evil: :evil: )and all you get is your dude chatting with the computer and then flying away...with the story totally leaving you hanging! I hate that!

Also, the ending for Baldurs Gate:Dark Alliance...crappiest ending ever! You basically hack n slash millions of creatures to get a 30 second video clip saying that you didn't escape safely from the Onyx Tower...WTF!! :grr:

15. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

*small spoilers*

Kotor's endings were awful. The big old savior of the galaxy-conqueror of the galaxy, if you go dark side- is just so plain f-ing OLD All that in a miserably short in-game crappy cinematic... no little story for each character like in BGII, no continue playing after the main quest is over, no chocolate, no nothing.

Frozen Throne's fight between Arthas and that demon hunter whose name I forgot was pathetic.

FFVIII, bad ending, just ... I can't find the words.

16. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

There are some, but now I can remember FFIX and HALO, but that is mostly because the ending was uninovative, boring and it should be highpoint of the game, when all cards are shown etc... But in these two games I only get fightning and fightning, without proper cause (in HALO it is driving and driving...)

17. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

[​IMG] Vampire: the Masquerade - Redemption's short ending was a real disappointment to me.

IW2's ending simply made me not want to play the game again in a long time...

18. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Halo's ending pissed me off, but i played halo for the multiplayer not the single player, unreal 1 really pissed me off too, and i have to agree that IWDII ending sucked too. i'm not sure about POR since i didn't finish the game...luckily i borrowed it and didn't buy it :D (the only good thing about that game)

19. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

PC game: Duke Nukem 3D. I was expecting something... more than kicking an eyeball for a field goal, especially after all the suffering I had to do to get there.

Non-PC game: Shining Force 2 for the Sega Genesis. (In case you want to emulate it or something, this is a spoiler.) The whole game, your best friend Sarah was doing the usual 'subtly hitting on the hero' bit. At the very end, it actually comes out and says, in no uncertain terms, that she was in love with you... and then you go and get married to the princess instead. Not because you love her. Because everyone thinks you should. Ugh.

20. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    If they had switched the ending for middle segment of Duke 3d with the final it would have been better. I nearly cried from laughter when Duke ripped that guys head off and crapped down his neck.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.