1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

FF X

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Series' started by Duke Eltan, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I´ve had this game on the shelf for quite some time. So 10 days or so I started playing it.
    Got through it the first time on about 50 hours. I ran the Expert Grid so my characters weren´t top notch so to say. No Hastega or Ultima and so on. Started a new game the other day just to try out the Standard Grid and I actually like this one more. I find it way much easier to get the characters to top out on what they´re good for.

What are your opinions on the grid and the game in general? Any sweet secrets you feel like sharing?

Ohh, does anyone have a goo tip on how to finish the third stage in the chocobo training? I just cant dodge all those birds and balls. I´v had 18.6 as best, but since I only missed by 0.1 I got pissed off and haven´t tried since...

Ohh, I almost forgot.
    I collected all but three Al Bhed books in my first game and found the last three in my second run. I have some suspicions that the game will get slightly different if you know the language before getting captured by the Al Bhed. Is this in fact so? (If you compile the language in the Sphere right outside "the freezer")

2. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I prefer the standard grid too, the advanced one is cunfusing :p

Final Fantasy X (along with X-2)is my favourite Final Fantasy(they're really more like one game than two)

I highly suggest you buy Final Fantasy X-2 too(but you should beat X first, of course)

About the chocobo race, I can only suggest you try untill you get it right, I had to do it over and over too.

3. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Is it PSX 2 Game only? Or you can play it on PSXOne?

4. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I like the grid system alot, it makes the game so much harder then other final fantasy's, ad least when you play on expert. its not my favorite ff game, that would be ff6 or 7. but its very good game and the graphic is just superb

@ to ToTaL
    its ps2 only.

5. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

@jesper> I´m on my second run already so I guess I´ll just add FFX-2 to my "February Gamebuy list". Just checked, and there was only one other game this month so no problems :)

The chocobo race... I´ve tried like 20 times, not one have been over 20 secs, but not under 18.5 either so. I´ll just try again after I´ve collected 10 of every monster for the Arena (only Omega Dungeon monsters left :D )

This isn´t my favorite FF either. That would be FF7, but this is very very close.

Ohh, another question. I forgot to use the Destruction Sphere in Besaid Temple and to get Anima you have to have opened every chest in the previous Temples. Do you know if I can get into the Trials in that Temple now, if I manage to beat Dark Valefor that is :eek: I would hate to have to restart again just cuz of that little miss.

6. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

@Duke Eltan: After you get the airship, you can visit all the temples again.

7. Philonious Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

8. Malovae Gems: 18/31

Yes Yes YES!! I just g the chocobo race in 0.00 secs. whoooohooo. 4:19 AM, and I'm going to bed now

9. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

@jesper > Thanks, I tested with one of the temples and you could go into the Trials once again. To bad Dark Valefor has to be so though :mad:

Man, I haven´t finished the third race yet...
    I´ve gathered all the monsters for the arena though :)

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

@Duke Eltan:I never bothered wit the arena, I'll do it next time, though.

I haven't tried thr dark aeons either, damn i've been missing out :p

11. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

So how about the celestial weapons?
    Haven´t assebled them either then I suppose?

You get very nice rewards for collecting the monsters, and some vital to the mentioned celestial weapons.
    Also, he creates special monsters which are incredibly powerful.
    Dont want to spoil to much, but autolife on everyone you use aint always enough :rolleyes:

And about the Dark Aeons.
    Well, everything from 2mil HP up to somewhere around 20mil HP and their damage range varies from 3000 to ~1000000 or something.
    So I´d recommend you reading a walthrough or two before taking them on. Unless you´re a mastermind :D

12. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

@Duke Eltan

I've only bothered to get Caladbolg (Tidus's celestial wep)

Not like the boss is a challenge, but those dark aeons sound damn tough :p

13. Malovae Gems: 18/31

SPOILER
    If you capture 10 of each monster in the game you fight a mega hard enemy. this guy is tough. Haven't fought it myself but it is tough. Apparently you need all of your chars hit points at 99,999 and damage doing the same. The only way to beat these really tough ones like this is Wakka's attack reels and Tidis' Blitz Ace from what I can tell.

14. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

First I read it was 10 of each, then I read 5.
    Seems like it´s 10 afterall then.
    Haven´t played for a while though, kinda lost the urge whan I read about stat maxing.
    Which is necessary to beat those though monsters.

If you haven´t read about stat maxing, dont.
    It´ll probably make you stop wanting to play the game ;)
    Did to me atleast.

15. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    What about Zanmato?
    Keep Yojimbo happy and give him 10million and he should be able to kill the Dark Aeons after a few reloads. Provided you manage to keep Yuna alive after their first attack, though.

16. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31

Zanmato kills everything in the whole game, not even Jecht would survive it.
    But then again, have you seen the formula?
    I could PM it to you as it will take up alot of unessecary space here in the forum.

17. Muskstick Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Nemesis is the fiend you fight if you capture 10 of every monster. There's another you get if you capture 5 of every kind. You also get a spiffy badge for beating nemesis thatdoes nothing at all. but looks pretty.
    Collecting all the Al Bhed primers does nothing to the story line. You do however get a bunch of items if you talk to Rin on your airship after mastering Al Bhed.
    The final Chocobo race is difficuly but the only hints i have is to practise. The lightning minigame is far harder IMHO.
    Collecting the Ultimate Weapons is extremly difficult (I only managed to get them all with a walkthrough) but they are worth it, allowing your aeons to break damage limit.
    Yeah Zanmato is probably the best method for dealing with the Dark Aeons, but you feel a bit cheap doing it. Wakka's Attack Reels can come in really handy there.
    Ohh and for a quick and simple way to level up your characters. Make one of them have a weapon with triple AP, Triple Overdrive and Overdrive > AP. Set that characters overdrive mode to the one where it builds when attacked (I forget the name)and the other two characters to ally. Go to the monster arena and fight Don Tonberry, once its unlocked. Attack with the character that has the special weapon, and the fiend will counter attack with a weapon equal to the damage you have caused to other fiends throughout the game. This will then be turned straight into AP for all characters. Resucitate them and repeat. Fleeing the battle will still let you keep the AP.

[ March 14, 2004, 09:19: Message edited by: Muskstick ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.