1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cooperative Gameplay.

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Champion of the Multiverse, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Champion of the Multiverse Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Anyone know any good games out there to play Cooperatively? Not a game like Diablo where you just team up to kill as many monsters as possible, but a game that you actually have to work together to accomplish certain tasks.

Baldurs Gate was great when that first came out. The coop play was extremely fun. I'm looking for another experience like that.

No need to suggest BG 1 and 2 or Neverwinter Nights, already have them.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Gotta be an RPG has it? Well, I really enjoy playing Dungeon Siege online. SOme really friendly people on there.

If you want team-games away from RPG's then you can't go far wrong with Counterstrike, quality team game that.

3. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

America's Army (with friends ;) ), or i like: Warcraft III: Frozen Throne with that Tree of life thing, when you build tower defense...

Or Rainbow 6 or Ghost Recon...

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Even though you said not to, I'm going to suggest Neverwinter Nights. It's the best out there. If you haven't already take a look at things in the ALFA section here. It's the most amazing computer game ever.
    Once you've played it you'll never be able to play a single player RPG again, it's that amazing.

Compared to BG's co-op, ALFA is so much better. In case you don't know, it's Fareun, the world that BG/NWN/IWD is based in, made into a NWN module.
    Unlike most online games this doesn't have a whole load of extremly high level characters running around hacking everything apart, this is strictly moderatored.
    And then comparing to games like BG online, here there is no fixed story, the characters actully change the world around them. For example, if you wanted to start up a church of Mystra in some city, and you raised enough funds, and got enough supporters you could actully start up that church. Or if you wanted to put the city of Buldar's Gate to siege, you could, if you could raise up an army big enough to do so, which is perfectly possible.

It's an amazing online game which I would recommend over any others. What's even better, there's quiet a strong following of it amoung SPers.

5. Champion of the Multiverse Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Don't like First Person Shooters much.

As far as online gaming goes. I've played Ultima Online years ago, before UOR which ruined it, and recently started playing a Free Pre UOR shard.

What I was looking for though is a nice single player game that you can cooperatively play with someone else. Not looking for a completely open ended game where there is no real plot and with no quests to complete. That's what UO is for.

I might have to check out some of the modules for NWN though. I'm not really into the modding community, so if you know of any really good mods that are good for a party of 2-3 people to play together then I'd like to know of them. Not one where a GM controls the game, but one built with an actual main quest with little side quests to go on. Where not only do we have to fight some monsters - strategic combat over hack'n'slash - but also have to do some puzzle solving and planning ahead. Not completely linear though, I like some freedom.

Links would be really nice.

6. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

No one lives forever 2 has a co-op, but there isn't too many servers :( Good game, though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.