1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tried to pick his pocket but turned him hostile

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Bhgandco, Oct 30, 2001.

1. Bhgandco Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I tried to pick the guys pocket outside of the adventurers mart. He turned red. If I kill him my reputation goes down by 10, and everyone in the mart stays red and wants to kill me. Is there a way to make all of them neutral again. Or do I just have to avoid the area the rest of the game. Help! Is there anything in the console that can repair this. I would like to pretend that it never happened. I saved before but due to the luck of the draw (ie. accident) that was the game that was overwritten. I aslo had the gloves and the potion. I guess Yoshimo is just a baddddd thief.

[This message has been edited by Bhgandco (edited October 30, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bhgandco (edited October 30, 2001).]

2. Archer14 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

:lol:You should have saved before you did that. That is what I did anywhay. If you didn't save to long ago then I would go back to that. Otherwise you might want to stay away from there. You arn't going to get all of the cool items though.:(

3. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I would definitely recommend a reload. Also, I would recommend saving your game before doing anything you're not sure of (a tactic that may not work, a fight you may not survive) just to reduce annoyances later. Save afterwards too, just to be sure. OK, so my saved game directory is unthinkably huge but it certainly reduces headaches.

4. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] For future pick-pocket adventures keep in mind that a Potion of Master Theivery before pickpocketing will help greatly, these are in various places throughout the game. Also rumor has it there are a pair of gloves that boost your pickpocketing skills. There's been some reports of unusual pickpocketing in the Copper Coronet as of late, coincidence? Maybe not...;)

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    If you want to make a sucessful pick, you need around 100 to 200 points in pickpocketing - that he turned red means that you *failed* to sucessfully did so. Maybe you'd better wait for a while till you developed sufficient skill in this noble and fine art - it's nothing for newbies ;) :p

However, I consider you to be as impatient as any newbie thief, so I have to agree with Big B - get yourself a potion of master thievery (giving +40 on open locks and pick pockets) or try to find the mysterious pair of handy gloves hidden somewhere in Atkathla ... or maybe it's just a rumour ? :whoa: ;)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited October 30, 2001).]

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

You can't get him to go blue, but maybe, just maybe you can avoid everyone else turning red. If they're not red before you attack him then you can A) turn off AI so nobody attacks him - if you don't like being attacked by him, you could try going past him invisible or stealthed - or cast a sleep spell on him
    B) lure him away and kill him (or pummel him into unciousness) where nobody else is watching
    I don't know if these will work - they definetly won't if the pickpocketing sets everybody red - but you might want to give 'em a try. I had a similar experience in the five flagons - can't remember the details, but there was a big fight that spilled into the street and I had to avoid the area.

7. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Too bad they didn't add some fading memory option or something. Like when you did something to upset a crowd, and you had to run away instead of getting your reputation to 0, they forgot about that little happening in a few weeks and you could just return later. This way you can really roleplay a game, that it's not necesary to reload so often after those kind of mistakes. For example: A good thief disguises himself before a pickpocketing, so he can walk back in the room and noone would recognise him. This would be no different for an assassination.

Btw, did anyone ever achieved to finish the complete game of Bg 2 (and maybe Throne of Bhaal) without a single reload? They have my greatest respect :wave:

8. I have! Really! But then I was just playing through the lowest difficulty..:)

But do not worry! I have repented. Never play lower than Hard nowadays...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.