1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trying to RPG after BG 2

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Good Thoughts, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I've rarely gotten past using a normal longsword before. Anyway, we're getting off-topic, so we had better start a morrowind topic if we are to discuss this further.

2. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Have you tried online NWN, you don't need to download the maps and persistant worlds are really cool.

3. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I would advise something completely different. Wizardry 8 is an awesome game, and nothing like Baldur's Gate. If you haven't played the Fallout games, you have a major treat to look forward to; they are to Baldur's Gate as homemade ice cream is to Baskin Robbins. Both are yummy, but the first is almost a different food in its greatness. I wouldn't recommend Arcanum as a transition from BG, it's too similar but not as good.

4. Champion of the Multiverse Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Planescape: Torment is hands down the greatest RPG ever made for the computer(and console for that matter). Anyone who says otherwise either hasn't played it, or doesn't like role playing games.

5. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I have to disagree, Champion. I love computer RPGs and have played... well, how old are you? I bet I've played more RPGs than you have. :p Planescape: Torment has a wonderful story, one of the very best. Its style and characters have not been beaten. (Matched, not beaten.) But gameplay... err... there are lots of fetch quests, the battles are way easy, I can't remember any puzzles so I must not have gotten stumped by any.

If I were forced at gunpoint to choose the best computer RPG, I'd say Fallout 1 and 2 in one breath.

6. Jschild Gems: 8/31

Actually it has several puzzles, but I can easily turn around that on BG2. Way too much fighting, only a few characters to truly interact with, most stats never come into play during the vast majority of conversations. See what I mean.

7. boo&minsc Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I cannot resist to rephrase that Fallout and Fallout2 are fantastic RPGs... everyone should play them.

Yet another RPG worth the gaming is Cronotrigger, it's different than BG saga, but i find it to be at the same level as BG2:ToB. These 2 games, are the best CRPG's ever. (i still have to try PS:T and Elder Scrools III, i'm happy to know that you can get 3rd person view with Morrowind)

About NWN, definetly what sucks is the henchman interactions, they simply make baby jesus cry. Basicly, your soloing. :( No more Minsc, no Edwina... no romances, no funny banters... AND you have the tiniest party ever... there should be 4-6 PCs slots.
    Fortunatly there is a henchman hak pack, besides the fixing of that in NWN:SoU and NWN:HotU will enable some romances.
    I'll be waiting, but without high expectations.

8. Jschild Gems: 8/31

I personally found morrowwind to be a very sterile and unemotional game. The dialogs were very generic and while beautiful, I never felt personally invested in the game.

9. stefan Banned

Okay, couldn´t read the last 10 posts because I couldn´t get the: "PS:T is better than BG2" out of my head.

Torment is a good game, I´ll give you that.
    But in no way at all is it better than BG2. And yes, I´ve played it throughly (sp?). There is one thing I think is especially cool about it though. The fact that you can change class when you feel like it, or close enough, without loosing anything on it.

Story is cool, but not nearly as breathtaking as the whole BG tale. I wish some movie company would get as hooked as I am on it and decide to put all of the companies money to make a movie based on BG1 and 2. Imagine that movie, sure would be a long one, but boy would it be worth every second.

[EDIT]

Got so into it that I forgot what I wanted to say in the first place...
    There is no Cure or Remedy for the BG sickness, it´s more addictive than any dope, and far more harder to cure than aids. Sorry pal, welcome to the club of BG suckers.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.