1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The worst game you ever played.

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Kovalis Darkfire, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] What is the worst game you have ever played, and the worst game you own (can be the same) ?

Probably Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn. JK, seriosly, this really old game called Maddog Mcree! They recently mad a number 2 and PC gamer is giving it a 4 percent, their lowest rated game ever. I read a review on it and it said you can beat the entire game in literally 15 minutes. When you shoot, it doesnt matter where you aim your gun, you will hit a random target. When the "cowboys" die after you shoot them with your gun, they are suddenly filled with dozens of Indian arrows!

2. trillex Gems: 13/31

The worst game I've ever played? I really dunno.

The worst game I own? Well, I usually pick my games after I've read tons of reviews and other stuff. But at the moment, I must say Lionheart. It's not bad but rather decent. But I really don't have sucky games in my collection. Well, not that I can remember.

3. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i dare not mention the name of the game. i afraid that you people might laugh me in behind. i am too ashame that i actually own that game.

4. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Understand that disappointment factor has a lot to do with this but: Ultima 8
    Certainly there are worse games, but I can't think of a bigger drop off in game quality and playability than Ultima 7 (one of the BEST games ever) to Ultima 8. What were they thinking?

5. Jschild Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Ultima 9, even bigger disappointment, at least 8 was playable.

6. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

Thats how it was for the old Might and Magic series. Up untill seven they were all really fun. But they they just made the exact same game with a new cover for 7-10.

*Kovalis thinks he heard someone say the worst game they own is Lionheart! {hmm...no couldnt be, who would say a strange and terrible thing like that}*
    I played the demo and really enjoyed it. Is the game a big dissapointment?

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

*thinks*
    Odel Down Under mayhaps? It is a pathetic educational game that I bought in about grade 5 or 6 for no real reason. It involves fish swimming around and eating each other.

And (can't miss the brilliant oppurtunity) there is of course POR2, very crap.

Hmm, add Eye of the Beholder to that list, it sucks as well.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ultima 9. Even after all the patches, I could never get more than 2 hours into the game because by then one of the bugs would either a) crash it to desktop or b) destroy my character's ability to continue in the game (either by not being able to switch weapons ever again, getting stuck in the scenery etc. etc.). And I actually bought the collector's edition of this trash... A monument to my unfounded belief that U9 will actually be good.

9. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

This old game we had to play in our IT classes at school. Don't remeber the name but you hade to go around solving mathmatical puzzles with really crap graphics of the clapped out Accorn whatever's. Does anyone know what i'm talking about?? They made me play them for Four lessons a week, damn them!

Has anyone played an rpg called Kings 'something' (maybe Kings Quest) on the playstation, in the same format as Morrowind but alot worse - if anyone got far in it - have a round of applause from me. :)

10. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Pokémon and it's sequels. All of them, gotta hate 'em all.

11. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31

Yes, HATE pokemon! Spread the word accross the hills, mountains, valleys, and forests. "Let it be known that he who does not hate Pokemon from this day forth will be executed on site if they are discovered."

12. The Wise One Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Star Trek: Dominion Wars and Star Wars: Force Commander. First off, DW is the slowest game in the world, and FC has the worst interface. DW has only 10 missions, and FC won't even let you play the Rebels until mission, like 20. Both have incredibly bad graphics, also. Oh, and by the way, you can't save in-game in DW.

13. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

worst game i own? hmmm let me think. id say its a tie between traitors gate and odyssey. odyssey has decent graphics but is extremely buggy and the story isnt very great aka how they incorperated into the game. traitors gates keys are all jacked up so that you cant do anything and it wont let you change them.or maybe the lord of the rings game that i got.

14. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The pokemon games weren't all that terrible. Sure, they weren't particuly good, but they weren't all that bad either. It was the merchandising that killed pokemon.

15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm abit of a sucker for making sure a game is good before i spend me notes on it :D .

I only buy games from a genre i like and has good(ish) reviews, so i only really own quality games.

Worst one i have though is probably Heroes of Might and Magic 4. They really let themselves down when they made that :( I stick to HoMM 3 :)

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    MS Windows.

Seriously speaking, some crap called Dragon Breath, Dragon Wing, whatever. Dragon-something. Totally screwed up. Ex aequo with Konung, I believe.

17. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Ultima 9.

You get pissed off with a game after being stuck in a bush, or a box, of a fence, or a sighpost, or whatever. Very *un* playable.

It has a habit of crashing so often, I never even bothered patching it.

18. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Dungeon Siege. :shame:

Gaming magazines gave me an impression that it was a decend RPG (love those), but after 2 or 3 hours of playing, it was clear that it was just hack'n'slash (hate those). One could not even say it was an RPG. :( 50 e, bye-bye...

19. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    King's Quest 8: Mask of Eternity

Pretty amazing how Sierra can change his series of brainteasing adventures into lowbrain hack'n'slash.

20. L Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Frostbite, I'll assume you are North American, but from playing Ultima IX soon after its release here (England) it would seem they used the North American market as a mass beta test. I won't say the game is perfect, although I am currently replaying it, but relative to the system recommendations I reckon it has been one of the best I've played (I started off below what it recommended, yet could play it well). It has its problems, but ain't that bad a game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.