1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Best Game You've Never Played

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Aikanaro, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There has to be a game out there that you really want to have played, but never have. What is it?
    Why do you want to play it? And why haven't you played it?

For me it's a toss up between System Shock and Marathon, two first person shooters that are actually meant to have an utterly brilliant plot. I can't get my hands on any of them because they are old, and are considered illegal abandonware, meaning that they are not generally for download. Also the fact that Marathon in a Mac game makes it considerably hard to get.

2. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I had System Shock on my computer once, damn hard.

But ayways, I've always wanted to play NWN, but my PC sucks...

3. LDusan Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sacrifice. I heard it's a great game but my PC had not been good enough for it. But I guess I'll try it some day.

4. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

That has to be Icewind Dale 2. But that's a problem that will be solved in a week or two. :D

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Never Winter Nights and Age of Mythology.
    My graphic card sucks. Will have go in for an nVidia soon.

6. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Elder scrolls 3: Morrowind. I've seen when my friend played it, but never tried it myself. The problem is money. I don't have over 50 euros to put in a game and its expansions.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] How would I know if I never played it?

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Sir Bel's got a point there ;)

Anyway I've always thought of buying and playing morrowind but I never did.

Am I missing out?

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Civilization 3, Age of Mythology, Ceaser 3, Phero, and the other one in that seiries.

Why do I want to play them? Because I like those sort of games. Why haven't I played them before? Because I've been to... Me like, to spend my money on computer games.

10. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmmm... Let's see, just about every RPG there is. BG, BG2, BG2:Soa, NWN, Ps:T, Mirrorwind, the lists goes on. On the flip side, some of these problems will be solved by Christmas.

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

That reminds me, I haven't played PS:T either :(

12. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31

mine would be plansecape: torment :(

@Harkle, i have morrowind and i really wouldnt reccomend it, there isnt much of a story line. Yes the graphics are great but the quests are almost all the same, go get this kill this person and thats the game.and if you really want u can run aroud killing stuff forever but that gets a little boring.

13. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Probably Battlefield 1942, and Rode to Rome expansion pack.

14. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Two games come to mind, one's Anarchronox. Somehow I just forgot it and didn't remember it until now.

The other one that I'm more concerned of is a sort of cyberpunk-darkfuture adventure RPG with 2 playable head-actors, one of which was a woman in black clothes. It was supposed to be more directed towards adult audience what with the violence, language and sex in it. The style was kind of Zelda-like (the new Zelda on GC, whatever its name was) in having drawn comic-style 3D animated characters in it. Reviews said it was pretty good but for some reason (perhaps due to the dark, realistic adult nature of it, and no I'm not referring to sex but all parts involved) it never got too popular among the players. Why I haven't gotten yet? Obviously because I can't find it.

15. Washed Heathen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This is a bit off topic but while searching my hard disk a while ago I found a brilliant old RPG. Anyone who likes RPGs and doesn't mind old graphics will really like Castle of the Winds. Its got everyting modern RPGs have (spells, levels, stats, enchantments etc.) and has a great plot based on Norse mythology. This turn-based RPG comes in two parts which can be downloaded from many websites (legally since it is abandonware). :p

[Abandonware is illegal, but that's another discussion we've had here already...] -Tal

[ August 27, 2003, 13:18: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

16. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I think that'll have to be...

...dunno, can't find any game at all that I've missed. Could be Championship Manager 2003 tho.

17. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Morrowwind and NN. Stupid pc :( .

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Probably Giants for me, just never got around to buying it, that must be rectified soon :)

Oh and AoM SUCKS btw! If you want the best RTS around, buy Age of Empires 2 and The Conquerors expansion, much better :D

And Sacrifice is a very good game btw :)

19. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31

i agree with you there morsmordre, i like AOK more than i like age of myhtology, AOM's graphics are better but gameplay isnt as good. plus there are so many more maps and stuff on AOK

20. night_hawk Banned

I wanted to play this XXX hentai game I found at the cd shop. but i was too afraid to buy it because there was lots of people buyiing cds . well you know what happened next.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.