1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is the best game you ever played ?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Alurith, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Crusader no Remorse!

All the action and weapons and whatnot.

Improved? yeah they can make it work on XP

2. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

BG1, it has to be. Or perhaps HoMM III, I don't know a better game to play with your friends, we never get tireds of it.

Why? BG1's nostalgy just takes it all, it's incredibly nice made. couldn't have done it better my self :D HoMM III is great because you almost never get tired of it, and it has variety...

3. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I have several so ill list them.

Unreal Tounrnament
    BG1
    BG2
    Splinter Cell
    Ghost recon(improved by JUMP button)
    Diablo 2 LoD
    Diablo 1(got me,as with many others, started on Rpg's, been playing them since i was nine)
    And last but not least Age of Mythology

edit: oops forgot one Project gotham for xbox best racing game ever with need for speed hot pursiut 2 coming in at a close second.

4. Georgeas Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Best:pST.
    What to improve:
    graphics:I want them better than Elder Scrolls III, better than Half Life 2, like a real time high quality DVD movies in 3D, virtual reality recommended(so you can touch the buildings :) )
    ai:creatures who think and act acording to their own desires and beliefs and so on
    sound:best high quality professional surround sound there is
    Someone(maybe God :D ) could make the game change every time you play it, randoom generated worlds, quests and story and many, many others.

5. The Wise One Gems: 1/31

I have three, one for GBA, two for PC:

BGII: It has a great story, great graphics, great NPC interaction. Also, I have a really slow computer, so using 2D graphics helps too. Improvements: They could have made the characters more detailed on the screen and officially supported 1024x768 resolution.

Heroes Chronicles series ( PC, based on Heroes of Might and Magic series ): It doesn't have the best storyline, but the way they designed the graphics is amazing. A forest put right next to a castle would kind of 'grow around' it. Also considering it's 2D, it's really amazing. Improvements: They REALLY could have made better stories.

Golden Sun (GBA): This game is kind of short, but in my opinion, has the best graphics of any GBA game. The battle graphics use a superb particle system, making it look very amazing. On the world map, when you walk left or right, the screen turns a little in that respective direction. Improvements: They really could have made the game MUCH, MUCH longer. GS2 degraded the graphics, but had a better ending.

Sorry about the moderately long post, I just like to go into detail about these things.

6. Carambré Gems: 1/31

Best game
    Deus Ex - always has been (wasn't into games before I was shown it), and always will be, or at least until DX2.

Reason
    Immersive story, interaction with surroundings, a seeming lack of bugs or errors, perfect merge of RPG with FPS

Improvements
    Denton's voice set is rather wooden, too many spiderbots, greasels, water areas, karkians and flamethrowers (I hate them all).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.