1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lionheart Demo available!

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Faragon, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

2. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

YES!!
    Finally a Lionheart demo :D

Faragon you're the man! ;)

3. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Can someone post if the demo is good ? I only have a Modem, so I won't download it.

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Tell us if it's good. Don't want to spend 1 1/2 hours downloading it if it isn't.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I download it, The animation is well done, for a 2d sprite game. But the character development can be hard if you don't know the SPECIAL game system (like me) and I made sereval stupid choice the result I got killed 1/2 of the time in battle...hugh... The Real time battle can be though to master since the enemy move real fast. Anyway It a good demo show how battle are handeled, good intro, and some quest too. It's kind fo hard to master the game system well in the begening though.

MINOR SPOILER AHEAD

The intro reminded (spelling?) of BG2, you are captured by freak because of your magical ability, somewhere in spain near Barcelona (or Barcolena? can't remember... :( )

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Barcelona. :)

Anyway, I've played it a bit, and yes, combat is very fast. I didn't get to play it far though, because the game freezes up halfway through the second area. Screen freezes, music plays on, computer loads like mad without actually doing something. *kicks his computer*

Better get myself a new comp sometime soon :(

7. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I love you faragon!! :D Man i've been waiting for such a long time... :thumb:

300 kb/sec... 8 mins :D

Have to test it now

8. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Thanks Faragon! :thumb:

With my connection downloading takes 50 minutes, so I have to wait almost an hour, until I can play it.

9. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

By the way the demo doesn't have anything to do with the real Lionheart.

They didn't have time to make a real demo so they just took some areas and linked them together and populated them with enemies.

They also say that most areas won't be as combat heavy as the ones in the demo.

10. Cross Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Whooppiieee!!! :D

Man, have I been waiting/hoping for this. 9 minutes to go; I can hardly wait.

Thanks for posting the link, Faragon.

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Are you 100% sure? Because It's true that their is too much strong enemy for a level 1 char and I can get to Barcelona for some odd reason... :(

12. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

Yeah I'm 100% sure, if you recall the signpost said Barcelona is to the east and the coast is to the south.

If you head east you can't get anywhere and if you go south you end up in a forest (or whatever it is)

13. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

:wail: I spent two hours downloading it, it gets up to 100 mb and... Bang, my computer resets.
    Okay, I think, I'll try again. 140 mb later, my mum comes along and turns off the computer :wail:
    Guess I'll have to download it tomorrow.

14. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

All thats shown in the demo is mostly pure combat. Nothing else really except you can get a bear to follow you by killing it's hunter. (an npc of sorts) I hope the actually game has more stuff to do other than travel across maps full of monsters. I kept dying because I didn't want to stand in one place and wait for my health to refill. Is there a rest option? If there is I couldn't find it.

15. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

I didn't find a rest option either.

Be sure to collect the red *Spirit Stuff* that slain enemies leave behind, it'll replenish your health.

16. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I did, but it wasn't enough.

17. Rotku

I got it... and it really does seem like a demo. Hopefully they don;t have talking spirts in the real game. Apart from that it seems great! :thumb:

18. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31

I always choose the beast spirit since the ´voice actor who did him also did Sarevok :)

His voice rocks :)

19. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

4 maps, quite interesting. The demo is kinda unplayable with a thief or any other non-worrior class charecter. Hopefully there will be a better balance in the actual game.
    Did anyone get to the shimmering blue cross in the right hand lower corner of the 3rd map?
    Red portal fights were tough huh.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.