1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Games that made you sad

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Jesper898, Jul 13, 2003.

1. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

When I played Neverwinter's, (long time ago) I was so sad because the "romance" with ... I don't remember the name... the bard girl... just ended like that, with no further story and all of that, she looked so happy...

2. Sadistic Butcher Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

The end of Betrayal At Krondor was sad. Throughout the game there is a bond that grows between Gorion and Owyn. At the end of the game Gorion sacrafices himself, Owyn and Pug are forced to destroy him :( .

3. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

FF7 - the death of Aeris/Aerith. Well, I found it sad, and I still do, but especially the first time. :(

FFX - the ending.

And some of the other above mentioned scenes from the baldurs gate games and PS:T.
    *sniff*

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    At the end of the game Crusader no Remorse you came back to your rebelbase and you found everybody slaughtered by the Consortium.. :sosad:

Or that scene in BG2 Irenicus's Dungeon, where that servant begs for death, kinda touching.

And with the game Time Commando, I just had to cry because it was the worst game I've ever played.

5. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Ultima 9 - because it SUCKED

6. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Dang all you people talking about Final Fantasy are making me want to buy Play Station.

A sad video game? Final Fantasy III, the way they make the ending made me sad it was over.

Also, Zelda: Ocarina of Time was sad for the same reason.

The new Zelda game(Wind Waker) made me sad that they changed how the graphics were. It also made me sad how Link was gone...

7. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I played the Sega Genesis RPG/Strategy game Shining Force II a while back. The ending made me alternately sad and pissed off. The whole game, there is a generic female-friend-since-childhood character. Now, there isn't a great deal of character development in this game, but even with what little they gave you... well, in the end, they actually say, in these words: "What? Could Sarah... love (charname)?"

Then you go upstairs and kiss the princess.

What the ****. You break your best friend's heart for some blonde girl. Egad.

8. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Aeris' death on FFVII was very very sad. I couldn't even fight that pitiful Jenova because I was so sad. It wasn't the fact that Sephiroth killed her in such a horrendous manner, it was the way she looked into Cloud's eyes, and after I wiped the floor with Jenova, (which took a while, and I had to keep reliving the horror)the way Cloud buried her, and how she slowly sank down into the pool of water. Dammit, I'm getting teary.

Oh, and um, Torment was very sad, especially at the end, when you find out who killed Deionairra, and you find that it was...you. Man! What a shock that was to me!

Ooh, another tear jerker was in Final Fantasy 4, or FF2 for people with the non U.S. version. The way Porom and Palom sacrifice themselves just for Cecil to live! Classic! And me, I kept trying to heal them, kept trying to use Esuna, but it kept saying how they had turned themselves to stone of their own will. Oh, I cried so much.

I'm just a silly sentimental girl. :wail:

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Blood & Magic. How something that could be so good ended up being so bad, it's really sad.

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Glad Lord Saravok mentioned Betrayal at Krondor. As I read through the posts I thought of BaK and how sad I was at the ending. I was heartbroken and angry that a sequal wasn't written to resurrect Gorath and give him his due.

edited spelling. Was tired.

[ August 29, 2003, 21:37: Message edited by: Nakia Nightshadow ]

11. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I'd have to say Shogo 2. Not that it's particularly sad, but it's just so bad that I nearly had a nervous breakdown. It was even worse that my friend thought it was the best thing since the "wheel". Also, it's was horrible that they made two of them.

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

In Arcanum there's a buried city. Wandering through the ruined streets and finding old newspapers gives a real sense of the way life in the city was arrested by the disaster. Likewise, the logs in System Shock 2 describing how the disaster on the ship unfolds, immediately after it happened. The desperate last recordings of the various crewmembers really underscore the sense of helplessness - particularly when you follow the trail to find the last log in a dead end together with a shotgun with no ammo.

13. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    the death of Aeris in FF7, it just seemed like such a shame, ya know?

Also, the end of FFX, when yuna runs to hug Tidus and she cant touch him :( in fact, the whole of the FFX ending sequence.

and finally, in summoner when Joseph loses his hand.

14. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

like already said so many times.

final fantasy 6. when General Leo dies and also when you learn about both Terra's and the Espers past. And some of the other points, for instance if you don't rescue cid and Sees Celes try to commit suicide. Damn most of the heroes had a tragic past..

Final Fantasy 7 when Aeris dies, it looked a little weird, but i really liked her, so to see her die....that was just sad

Final fantasy 10. that game was so great, and I loved the ending even thoe it was sad.
    And then they maked that horrible girlish ff 10-2 :flaming:

Chrono Trigger had it's times to. Al of Magus/Janus Sacrifices. the future...
    Frogs story. Damn I loved that game.

Planescape: Torment. there were just so many times i felt sad or powerless and angry. This game was a masterpiece.

15. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I mourned Aeries death for weeks the first time I played Final Fantasy VII.
    Why couldn´t he just kill Yuffie or Cait Sith instead :)

The ending of FFX was pretty depressing aswell.

Chrono Trigger... Man, what a great game.
    I completed it a couple of weeks ago.
    And it is still as great as it was back then.
    Sad at times, but most of the time it´s just great :D

16. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Definately the ending of FFX, as well as the scene where you first encounter the last boss. Easily the best ending I've seen in a video game.

FFVII: The death of Aeris is a tear jerker. Also, where Barrett fights Dyne, the father of Marlene, is a sad moment. Dyne's gone mad with grief over the death of his wife and the destruction of his village, and has gone on this murderous rampage, and it's up to his best friend Barrett to stop him. Barrett finally makes him come to his senses and when he implores Dyne to come home to Marlene, Dyne says something along the lines of "I can't. My hands are too soiled to hold Marlene anymore." Then he jumps to his death. I thought that was so sad, that a man can be so overcome with remorse and guilt that he won't even allow himself the opportunity at redemption.

Speaking of redemption, no game did it better then Planescape Torment. The saddest part is playing a Good character, doing nothing but good throughout the entire game, and then when you discover your past you realize that all that good you did is STILL not enough to redeem yourself, and you are damned. That's just a kick in the you know where. It was less of a tear jerk kind of sad and more of a deep, regretful sadness.

Xenogears also had an incredibly sad scene near the end, as it reveals the link between the two main characters.

SPOILER

The two main characters, Fei and Elly, keep being reincarnated througout millenia, and each time they fall in love with each other. Each time, however, Elly meets with a tragic end, and dies in front of Fei every time, throughtout history. It's sad when they show how the cycle keeps endlessly repeating.

17. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The ending of Mario 64 on the N64 had me depressed for about 2-3 day's because I spent all that time to rescue a princess, and get a thankyou and a cake along with a congratulations :rolleyes: .

Also I think BGII was very emotional, and also the fact that I've wasted and obscene amount of hours playing this game, seriously BGII came along and stole almost every bit of real life I had left.

18. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

(Spoilers for Tales of Phantasia)

Final Fantasy X's ending...had me tearing up all the way. Also, in Tales of Phantasia when you find out that Mint's mother is dead and she doesnt know about it...tugs on the heartstrings.

And finally, at the end of ToP again, where you find out that Dhaos wasn't all that bad after all...made me sad, because if the player had known the whole story from before, an entire planet full of people could've been saved...

19. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

FF VII, Aeris death scene. It's the music that gets me every time, and everytime I here the music... Gah

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Seiken Densetu 3, some things, not neccecarily in order of importance:

1. When Kevin, the werewolf have to kill Karl, the wolf puppie and his best friend.

2. When Hawk, the thief, are forced to take out his best friend Eagle. After a the fight, Hawk managed to keep Eagle alive by hitting Eagle with the flat side of his blades, but the Bigeu/Isabella, the witch that had charmed Eagle, cast's a fireball at him and kills him. All that work, just in vain.

3. When the lakeshore village Astoria gets burned by the beastmen.

4. When Hawk are forced to kill two of his other best friend, Bill and Ben, two Ninjas that had helped him in their raids for year, only to be killed by his blade because they were charmed by Bigeu/Isabella.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.