1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

worst PC games ever?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by AlexGK, May 9, 2003.

1. AlexGK Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] The second of my topics.Same as the first.Plain PC games, no consoles, no emulators and so on...
    Here must be games that you really hate and wanna kill all the people that made this mistake of the Nature :)
    Here are mine.@%$§$@"$ and double @$%&$%@ strike upon the creators of those ........ at least first 4 of them:

1.DAIKATANA @$§%&&"§$%$%
    2.Heroes of Might and Magic IV
    3.Master of Orion IV (most recently).....
    4.Unreal 2 (bad bad bad move guys)............
    5.Hmm NWN was a HUGE step down but not so bad
    6.Diablo 2 (boring.... mindless..... killing otherwise also not so bad game)

7,8,9,10 are to be added :) Soon hehe :)

[ May 09, 2003, 16:58: Message edited by: AlexGK ]

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

The later editions of the Settlers series. The gameplay was really crappy. The best in that series is still Settlers 2 imo, everything after that simply sucked.

3. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Fantasy General - Perhaps not a bad game, but not my cup of tea.

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] You obviously haven't played NWN online and in multiplayer...'Cause it's a blast!

Worst Game Ever, Star Wars: Force Commander (The most difficult player interface I've ever seen)

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor and Master of Orion 3 are the two that immediately come to my mind.

MOO3 has the record for the quickest I have ever decided that a game is a piece of **** and banished it to the bottom of my games shelves (about 1/2 hour of play). The stupid game pretty well plays itself with you just sitting there and swearing at the stupid interface as you clumsily navigate back and forth between screens only to find that the bloody planetary governors have decided to ignore what you told them to do only two turns before. :mad:

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31

Mechwarrior4 and Obsidian.

7. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Neverwinter Crap :evil:

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Anyone heard of Seventh Legion? It's an RTS with really bland graphics and gameplay that consists of wait about five minutes, get money, build a tank, run out of money, repeat until you have a big enough army. Oh yeah, and gameplay could be heavily influenced by random "cards".

9. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

I agree that the fantastic series of Settlers got raped after Settlers 2 which was brilliant.

Oh and Heroes IV is a different game from the others. That doesn't make it a bad game, it makes it different which is it seems too much for the fans who wanted a Heroes 3b :rolleyes:

Some others:

NWN
    Seven Kindoms I II
    Darkstone

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I've got three words for ya.

Pool of Radiance

11. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I agree with Jesper and JSBB, that Pool of Radiance is not playable (I installed it's demo yesterday, but removed it after I had played it two minutes :shake: ) I couldn't even move my characters.

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Warbreed

it's a RTS and it's long, boring, the voice are HORIBLE and the enemy are insanly strong on " very easy"

13. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

baldur's gate

14. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

What do you mean baldurs gate was the worst game ever. You havn't played many games then have you.

Well i would say that the Command & Conquer series (including the red alerts) would have to be the worst PC games i've ever played. They are just so stupid. All you need to do is build ap a huge army and you've won. Theres no thinking involved at all.

15. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I can't say a game worst PC game ever, mainly because there are too much PC games out there but I agree with your list.
    For me it's Daikatana, my dreams shattered after waiting years for that game.

16. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Wizardry 8, stupid interface and difficult to navigate. a big waste of drive space.

17. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

There must be people being evil and object any popular opinions in the world. i am just being an axx since i haven't come across anyone saying baldur's gate is the worst ever, including myself.

18. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Top 5:

1. Ultima VIII: Pagan
    2. Rage of Mages
    3. PoR:RoMD
    4. Get Medieval
    5. 4-D Boxing

Ultima VIII: Pagan in my opinion may not be as bad as some other games, but it was a big let down compared to the Ultima titles that came before it.

Rage of Mages is just a poor game, poor graphic, poor gameplay, repetitive, etc. etc.

PoR:RoMD, everyone knows why.

Get Medieval was just entirely unoriginal, very childish and repetitive, and the graphics were fairly poor, as were the level designs. ;)

4-D Boxing, I doubt many have played this, but this game has absolutely horrid graphics, it was very unwieldy, and it was pretty boring too.

19. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    hmm

Time Commando sucked (You don´t want to know)
    Counterstrike sucked
    Diablo sucked (the movies of the 2nd are nice though :) )
    Any sportgame
    NWN (Not as in horrible, but more as in disappointment)

BTW, Command and Conquer kick ass

20. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

@Morgoth
    "Any sportgame"

Get some of your friends together and play some Madden 200[2,3] (PS2), that'll change your mind. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.