1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Zelda The Windwaker

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Shadow Sword, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I know this dosn't really mach with the boards of magic but dose anyone here have this game?

2. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I don't have it but I would really want to play it,because the other Zelda games were real fun(except the one with the moon on the N64,I REALLY hated it :mad: ),but I don't know if I could live with the comic style graphics.I find the old Links on the N64 looked better.

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I agree with the sephriot. Majora's Mask sucked. In every single way; the story, the controls, the masks, the enemies. I'm glad I didn't waste more than about 2 hours on it.

Zelda64 had some redeeming quality. It was just a remake of a remake. But there was some neat stuff about it; I remember playing that stupid fishing game so many times it is not funny. I only just won it here, last Christmas. On an emulator, using cheats that would make my grandmother blush.

I've heard Wind Walker is somewhere in-between. It has pretty graphics, but the story is severely askew like Majora.

4. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I just finished Wind Waker last week. It is similar in gameplay to the N64 couple, but a several new innovations were added to make everything more exciting IMO.

The combat system got kicked up a notch for one. If you just keep taping A you do one combo of stabs and swipes. If you hold foward and tap A you do another that ends with a deadly spin attack. You can mix and match the two by pressing foward or not in between attacks. Also there is the new addition of evade attacks. If the enemy attacks, instead of dodging or blocking with your sheild, you can press A when it alerts you. If timed right you will roll or jump out of harms way and then immeditaly follow up with your own counter attack. Pretty cool when executed correctly in the heat of battle. You also can knock the enemies weapons out of their hands and use it against them.

As far as story, you are a descendant of the Link in Ocarnia of Time. There are a lot of references to that game within the story itself. I won't really give much away other than that. Most of the time you sail on your boat exploring multiple isles and such. The ocean is a big place. The map of the whole thing is split into 49 tiles. One area per tile. Suffice to say theres a lots of sailing to do in this game. It can get kind of annoying sailing back and forth. Theres also lots of treasure to dig up and water bound foes to fend off in the vast seas.

The game for me was fairly easy most of the way through, but still fun. Lots of puzzles and such which is expected from a Zelda game.

5. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] When I first look at the screenshots of windwaker, I was frustrated against nintendo to do a game in comics like this. Finally, I buy it, I said to myself that I cannot let a Zelda unfinished, but I was very surprised, yes it's comics, but it's cool to play, the facial animations are cool and yes it's look like a game for kid, it's not that hard, but it's a very good game. Before saying anything against the graphic, you have to see it with your own eyes :)

Great game! Enough said.

6. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] I aggree, but in that case could anyone tell me how to get the 5th triforce chart. I lit the 6 torches but now I don't know what to do. The sign says to dive to the bottom of the sea but I can't find what to do you can't even dive in this game anyway.
    Plz It's Driving me crazy!

[ April 24, 2003, 03:13: Message edited by: Shadow Sword ]

7. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I know what your talking about. For the one on that square of the map, there is a pirate ship type thing that looks different than the rest. You need to blow it away, then use the grappling hook where it died. That area is just for money, or something.

8. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] It worked thanks. There was a golden one of those ships that shoot bombs at you. I suggest anyone having trouble about this game or has something to say about it post it here. I have just beaten Gannon so I should be able to awnser most of your questions about the main quests, and most of the side quests.

LOL I let it resave over another file when you win you know, and when I got my green cloths my grandma handed out nothing and now evryone says I have it on but it shows me like how i look before you put on the green cloths and now im going through the game with a blue shirt LOL. Was this supposed to happen?

[ April 25, 2003, 22:28: Message edited by: Shadow Sword ]

9. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I don't know why, but I like "Zelda: A link to the past" best...

10. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

Yeah,it was really great !

11. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I personally liked Majora's Mask. I don't see why everyone hated it. Hmm.

[Edit] LOL? LOL? I thought that Internet shorthand was blasphemy at the Sorcerer's Place.

[ June 09, 2003, 04:02: Message edited by: The Soul Forever Seeking ]

12. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yeah it was alright I kinda enjoyed running around trying to collect all the masks.

13. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Majora's Mask seems to be the most "Darkest" of the bunch having to deal with the Apocalypse and such. I totally got this weird, eerie vibe from it. Differently unique in its own right. I throughly enjoyed it, but it was kinda short. Other Zelda fans I know hated it and I have yet to know why. The only arguement I've heard is how they didn't like the time constrait. That doesn't seem valid to me because thats part of what made the game interesting. You got this critical meltdown vision on the edge of your mind when playing through the dungeons.

14. Mariana Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I don't have it, but one of my friends does. I played it for awhile, and I really enjoyed it. I also thought the graphics were odd at first, but they are really unique and I learned to like them. It was the first Zelda game I ever played, and now I'd like to play some of the others.

15. Shadow Sword Gems: 5/31

Yes at first I didn't even want to buy it because I thought that the grapics were insulting to the game but the graphics aren't so bad and the gameplay was great! I particularly liked exploring the ocean chart for the first time.

16. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] My all time favorite Zelda game would have to be Ocarina of Time. The storyline and Link were cool. I've watched my friend play Wind Waker, and thought it looked horrible, the way they made Link look like a five year old with a head much too big for his body. :mad: The storyline seemed pretty good, however, and I expect that i'll buy it and get over the annoying graphics. i tend to like the more hero-ish look of older Link in Ocarina. The comic look doesn't work for him

17. Volsung Gems: 14/31

Djizzu G'izmo, I agree with you.
    "a link to the past" is a great game -though it is very very old.
    The truth is, I haven't played any other Zelda.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.