1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Freedom Force? anyone?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by teekc, Apr 21, 2003.

1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i can't believe that this game go down to bargain bin so fast. Thought not the best but this game is certainly a good game, worthy of playing. i got the game from amazon.com with of c&c renegade + F. Force + Need for speed 3 + Earth & Beyond for price of USD 19.

The game was initially set up as an trilogy. (i suppose) Due to the poor sales, one of the company making the game has went down. (i suppose also) Unless something happens, it is unlikely that this game will have a sequal. Another good game down the drain.

[ April 22, 2003, 12:35: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have it, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet other than the intro.

3. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have borowed that game from a friend and I have played several missions. I liked it but didn't have time to finish it. It has some interesting parts like upgrading your characters and missions are similar to commandos type games (desprerados also) I heard that there is game very similar to this one and it is placed in Sherwood forest, with Robin Hood and his "gang"... Can't remember the name...

4. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I was really looking forward to it as I loved comic books as a kid. The demo (based on the first level) really dissapointed me though. It just seemed dull and limited in what you could do. The reviews were good though and so when I saw it going slightly cheap (2/3 normal price) I decided to take a risk. I'm really glad I did.

Being honest, the game is very limited in that it is basically a simplified real time strategy game without any reasources to worry aout. It is also similar to the Commandos and Desperado games as mentioned above but without any real puzzle elements and it is much easier.

Of course this all sounds bad so its strange that I liked the game. I think what attracted me is that they captured that camp 60s comic feel perfectly. As such, it is just good fun to play. The characters are fun and have an interesting range of abilities, the story is suitably cliched, the voice acting is perfect and the graphics and 'special effects' are full of character.

The other really good thing is the ability to make your own heros and then test them out in the danger room (available with the patch). I ended up making loads and keep meaning to put them online at some point.

As to add-ons, you could try all of the fan stuff. Some of this is pretty good. Try these sites:

http://www.freedommods.com/

http://www.electric-freedom.com/

http://members.tripod.com/fanforce1/id44.htm

http://www.freedomforcecenter.com/ (not sure if this is still live)

http://www.meshforce.com/

5. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

strategy wise the game is not deep. But, this $13 bargain game is fun nonetheless. And think of the add-ons that the company throw out to boost their sales. If you spend enough time to explore and talk to the common people, you will get remark like "Can i come along with you? i bring my own underwear".

Buy the game, save the game, let it finishes its trilogy.

6. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Overall i liked the game. it's visually pleasing even if it does lack in plot or puzzles. it is most certainly better than it's predecessor "Hero X" that one is a waste of everything especially hard drive space.

7. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] This game is SO good, possibly even in my Top 3 PC games of 2002. The only downside is a fairly weak multiplayer in which IP connection is the only way to play. BTW, anyone up for a round?

8. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I picked this up last week for $13 (US). I couldn't believe it. I haven't started playing it yet (too much Morrowind in the near future).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.