1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What game would you like to see next?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by dshadow, Mar 14, 2003.

1. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Okay, I know two thirds of these games are never going to see the light of day but just out of curiosity, which would people prefer to see next:

1. Baldur's Gate 3
    2. Icewind Dale 3
    3. Neverwinter Nights 2

2. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Obviously BG3. Never tried Icewind Dale, and learned to see NWN as the player-based failure it is some time back.

What I'm really looking forward to, however, is Lionheart.

Or Fallout 3. :D

3. Felgash Toradûn Banned

Allthough those are all great games,
    I would go with BG3...

The IWD series are cool,
    but I prefer roleplaying before power-gaming...

What about you, dshadow?

4. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

BG 3 of course.

I find the whole idea of a new NWN game about as interesting as watching paint dry. IWD 3 might be good if they fixed some of the probs with the second game but I can't say that I would really look forward to it.

5. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Baldur's gate 3. Planescape 2 could be also cool. BG3 will be apparently 3D, because IWD2 was the last Infinity engine game. I can't say that this is either good or bad thing. :hmm:

I'm also waiting for Lionheart... still 3 months...

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Thief 3
    Monkey Island 5 and 6
    Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
    Sam & Max Hit The Road 2
    Planescape 2

Choose your pick

And guess what, they all announced, except PS2

[ March 19, 2003, 12:16: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

7. Andy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

another game in the planescape world would be great.

but even better, a dragonlance game, and more deus ex games:D

8. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Monkey Island 5
    I played the other 4 with great enjoyment. The voodoo-priestess said something about MI5, so there is hope.
    Too bad it's not in progress, yet. Read here

[ March 15, 2003, 01:43: Message edited by: Master of Nuhn ]

9. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Dshadow's games all sound good. But a little "TEE" in the near future couldn't hurt. hehe :p

I think actually that Baldur's gate 3 could have potential for a great, and even very unique story.
    It could be set in um, whats it called... "heaven" hehe, and you could be a god...

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Fallout 3 and Thief 3. The latter had an interesting twist in the end, and I would just love to see if it continues in the sequel. As to the Fallout 3; it´s just a very good RPG. Hopefully gives the player a same kind of control from the characters as BG2 -being a lone wolf of nuclear winter can be boring sometimes.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] A baldurs gate re-release.

I know it's completly impossible but one can dream...

Getting all four BGs togather so they run fluently to the next

Perhaps bringing the BG graphics up to BG2 standards. and adding extra NPCs to BG2 maybe bringing more from BG1 and perhaps 'bridging the gap so it doesn't go Sarevok -> Dungeon.

12. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Fallout 3
    Another Planescape Game. (what I don't want to see is Torment 2)
    Total Annihilation 2

Deus Ex 2 is on the way. :)

13. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Icewind Dale III
    Planescape:Torment 2
    and Monkey Island 5

14. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] StarCraft 2!

Hands Down! :D

15. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

As much as id like to see this too, LookingGlass went out of bussiness. Therefore if they made another it would just be some stupid eidos game :(

Back on topic... BGIII

16. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Jagged Alliance 3
    Icewind Dale III
    Secret of Mana 2 re-make to cpu:s

17. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Are you sure about that? I seem to remember hearng somewhere that Ion Storm were working on Thief 3, and given that they were responsible for Deus Ex and might or moght not have taken on Looking Glass talent, it should be something to look forward to- I've not heard much about that project for a long time though.

18. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Im fairly sure Eidos is the only one with rights to the Thief Series at the moment... Though i could be wrong..

19. Elan Morin Tedronai Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Next Monkey Island is a good option... Also, Icewind Dale 3 to finish with Belhieft, who will return... I hope that in IWD3 you could import your character from the previous games... It'll be a great fun...

BG3 is impossible to have... BG2: ToB I think is the one-planned BG 3...

What will be the game - you are having sex with Mystra, because you have become new god of magic if you are mage like Azuth... You'll have to fight for her, because Cyric is very bad... In mean time, you get Mask for your Thief, who is god-damned the best Thief45 =... Tempus, who is Fighter25/Cleric25, Mystra, who is Sorcerer45... Or you will be a new god of Paladins and Fighters like Helm... Battle of gods... :)

20. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Easy!!

Fallout 3

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.