1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

First computer games played

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Charlie, Mar 12, 2003.

1. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The first video game I ever played was Super Mario Bros. for the NES. Played it at some relative's house. Being my first time, and since I didn't read the manual until we got the system and game ourselves, I had the shortest survival time in gaming history. I kept running straight into the first goomba because I thought that hitting up would make me jump.

The first computer game I played was this weird adventure game called Maniac Mansion. Everyone has heard of its sequel, Day of the Tentacle, and you can play the original game in DOTT, but I played it when it was alone. I haven't a clue what year it was, probably like 1991 when I was six.

2. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I remember my first computer a 100 mgz, with 900 mb of hard disk, and with the computers my pearents also buy me a old but good game called Monkey Island.

3. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    BG was my first computer game :) Pong was my first video game ;)

4. Rekiller Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Really very good start with computer games!!!!

5. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I think pong may have been the first computer game i played...

6. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

It would have been on an Atari 2600, probably. I might have been in an arcade before then, but I don't really remember anything, so it's iffy.

Pacman and Asteroids and Combat are the first ones I think I played.

Zork 1 (and 2) might have come before that, but I don't remember all that clearly; at any rate, they weren't really video games.

7. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I recall when I was young, a very odd game called J-Bird. You were a J-Bird. (duh.) You had to hop onto each square on a pyramid a certain number of times so you changed the colours. You had to avoid blobs of varying sizes, a King Koil the snake, cats, and frogs that change the colours back. Basically, it was a clone of Q-Bert, right down to the "@#%!" when you die. I always perferred J-Bird, because the bird was much easier on the eyes than the orange thing with the hose mouth.

In order to fly, you had to jump off the pyramid into a floating pair of wings. If there were no wings there, you would die. Odd game.

8. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

My first computer game was Final Fantasy VII in 1995. I'm only 13, so that's a pretty old game......for me at least.

9. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My first Pc game was "Das schwarze Auge" (translated:The black eye),it was a real cool German RPG.
    The first videogame I played,was like the most others,Super Mario on SNES.

10. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"My first computer game was Final Fantasy VII in 1995. I'm only 13"

Oh my.

I can only imagine what that was like. I didn't really like the game all that much, but had I been 7 and that was one of the first games I had ever played, I could definately see where it could have captured my imagination.

*sigh*

I'm not sure exactly how to say it, but "You're lucky." is about the closest I can figure.

11. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

It's Crusader:No Remorse.
    Diablo was it's clone.
    You had a guy with a rifle in his hand who killed everyone and crashed everything in his sight.

12. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The first game i remember playing was way back on my 286, and it was called Bert and Ernie bathtub game (simmilar to pipes). Still have the game kicking around somewhere on a 5 1/2

13. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

@ejsmith:that is my favorite game of all time... I even bought in PS1 so I could compare them. I beat both of them at least 15 times.

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Digger, PacMan, Eagle's Nest. One of the three, can't tell which one.

15. stormhand Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I remember playing Pong in the '70s at someone's place, which was my first video game experience. I got an Atari 2600 almost as it came out with my first games being Combat and Space Invaders. I then played most of the games that came out on that console. I then switched to Intellivision with numerous games once again (anyone remembers the original D&D game for Intellivision??).

As far as computer games, I bought my first computer in 1991, an old 286. I think the first CRPG I played was Might and Magic 1!! Please, don't laugh too much!! I don't even think there were pictures of the monsters you were fighting, just their names listed from the weakest to the strongest. At least, I'm proud to say that I played most, if not all, of the Golden Box D&D series.

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Can´t remember too clearly, but I think it was the first "Donkey Kong." You know, where the first stage consists of a flame barrel and the kong throwing barrels at Mario. The damsel in distress wasn´t Princess Peach...

IIRC, computers and consoles were the same thing back then.

17. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I'm gonna show my age now:

First video game: Space Invaders - Oh yeah, the b/w version. Ouch.

First Computer Game (not on PC) was the adventure game called something so original as: Adventure. I think... On the mainframe at my dad's work in the late 70's. It also had snake on there.

On the PC I honestly can't remember.

18. Youngy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

PacMan on the Acorn, and another one, I can't remember its name, but you played a man and had to move Boulders around, and I think that was either on Acorn or BBC.

19. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Space Invaders on the ZX Spectrum 48k Ram!

20. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Pong

Pyramid & Amazon(like Zord...words only)

Bards Tale (the original)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.