1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

First computer games played

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Charlie, Mar 12, 2003.

1. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Earlist video game I can remember playing is Pac Man. The first computer game was this submarine game called Gato on my dad's Apple.

2. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Video game: Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt
    Computer: Space Quest 3

This is probably wrong, because I was about three at the time, but these are the earliest that I remember.

3. Rea Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My first video game was Pong-ah,sweet Pong.

My first computer game was Pirates run on an old Amiga. I still love that game. I have a DOS version on my PC now and it crashes the system every time I'm on my way to capturing a galleon *sigh*.

4. Yochimbo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Zork and Adventure, on an Osbourne running CPM

God, that was almost 24 years ago :eek:

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I had an Apple //e, as well.

Zork 1 and 2. Jupiter Express, Night Driver, Karateka, Choplifter, Rescue Raiders (and Jake Cutter!), Captain Goodnight, Conan: Halls of Volta, Destroyer and Silent Service, Flight Simulator 2, Skyfox, Chivalry, Arctic Fox.

There were some other file based games that I messed around on. I have good memories of the Apple //e, and later, the Apple //gs.

6. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

prince of persia

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I played computer games before I could learn to drive a bike :D

It was on my sister's Commodore 128, I can't remember the names of the games, seeing as I could be no older than three or four... But there was the one where you shot raindbows and the song "Over the Rainbow" played at the background... and the Karate game, whose name I cannot recall, either. And the one wqhjere you threw banana bombs. :D

I still have that compuiter and the games hopefully intact. the problem? I can't remember how to run them! :(

(Nerd who will order a horrifying concotion called "Java script" in a bar onlyy because it is called such)

8. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

My first game was the original age of empires. Back in like 1996.

9. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] It was so exciting back in the early 80s when my parents bought me a Texas Instruments 99-4/A. I played all sorts of Atari ripoffs like Munch Man, TI Invaders, Parsec, A-Maze-ing, and a few others. Later, it was a huge deal when we got a Tandy 100 (with TWO whole 5 14" disk drives!) and I played Kings Quest and Rogue, as well as the original Starflight. Those were the days . . .

10. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

See Taza's post.

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Super Mario!! on my Nintendo 8-bit :)

12. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

My very first game was King's Quest 5, and that bit where you have to throw the pie at the yeti? Scared me absolutely ****less.

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Paratrooper
    Sophwit (sp?)
    King's Quest 1 (The game was 1 floppy, 720Kb Whoaaa!! :eek: Played it on an Olivetti M25)
    Pong
    Digger (!!)
    Cat
    Space invaders

Pac man, you didn't play Pac Man??

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I was 5 it was at my uncle house, a weird tic-tac-toe you have to play with the computer and "he" was a Turtle, but he realy liked to loose...

[ May 06, 2003, 17:54: Message edited by: Dungeon_Master ]

15. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Pong!

Yeah, I am old enough to have played it as a kid in the early 70s when it first came out.
    :p

It was in the Lobby of the Hotel we were in while vacationing near Disney World in Florida.

16. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

The first I remember was Hocus Pocus, but there were other before it.

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think Tetris was the first PC game I played.

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Solitairre and Minesweeper.

Then I found a game called Peas - all my games were in DOS in the old laptop - my first ever computer, apart from video painter :p .

Then there was this weird game were your dog was abduted by an alien you had to solve puzzles to save it - my dad had that one. I remember he was stuck in a maze for ages.

Then there was Diggin Jim! and when I got a big computer I got Petz2 and Age of Empires Demo that wouldn't work properly - scragged the screen, everything mixed up because of the resolution being unable to change without kaking up.

19. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Absolute first? A cheap golf game on a very old Epson Equity.

First game I really enjoyed? Starflight 2 on a 1981 IBM AT. Played SF1 as well. Still got them both on the 80386 I've got lying around.

20. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

@Platypus - Starcraft your FIRST PC game? Wow, that's a pretty darn good first game, and pretty recent too.

My first were also from Apple ][. I don't remember which (there's a whole bunch), but the original Mario Brothers, Choplifter, Lode Runner are all included.

My first PC game was Galatix or Gods.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.