1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: For how long can you replay a game?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Blog, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Just wondering for how long a game that you like can keep your interest. Of course, it varies from game to game, so just try your best to generalize it and average things out.

For myself, I can spend more than a year playing the same game over without getting bored of it.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 27 user(s) have voted.

Poll Results: For how long can you replay a game? (27 votes.)

For how long can you replay a game that you like? (Choose 1)
    * Finish the game once and quit - 19% (5)
    * Stop once you understand the theme of the game from analyzing the plot or characters - 22% (6)
    * Must collect every item, beat every enemy and master every aspect of the game before quitting - 11% (3)
    * Quit only after beating the game enhanced with mods or hacks or customized editings in general - 15% (4)
    * Will only stop playing it after you upgrade your computer and it no longer works. - 33% (9)

2. teekc Gems: 23/31

It really depends on what is a game about and how much extra money i have now.

For games like Championship Manager (football club managing game), i can play it continously for a year with at least one match each day.

Games like BG2 or FF7, the max for me is finish them twice in a row. From now a then, i might look back and replay the game (which i did lately for both), because i get tired of current games and don't have money to buy new games.

3. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

It depends on the game! I mean, you could say that I still play a game like Half-Life, cause of the multiplayer.. I see myself playing NWN for quite some time too... but with single player games, I rarely play them again once I finish them the first time... the only exception I can think of is Morrowind, and that was only cause I could do completely different quests with my new character. I never played BG2 again, even though I love the game.. it was just too repetitive to go through the same thing again. I'm like that with movies too, I don't understand why anyone would want to watch the same movie more than 2 times.

4. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Again, it depends. For games like Thief, that i have to get into, once i'm into it, i can play it for weeks at a time (mainly coz i do the missions very thoroughly).

Games like Worms i will always go back to coz you can just pick it up and play.

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I play the game as long as I can; playing it through only once would be waste of money. Of course, if the game just isn´t good enough; it´s better to sell it...

6. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Haven't seen the limit for playing BG2 or FFVII yet...

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

For CRPG's it is till the end, unfortunatly, that end has already come to pass. Except it was from a de grade not an up grade :(

8. Istari of Thay Banned

Well...

I've played IWD2 three times,
    I'm in my fourth at the moment...

I don't have any *rules* for how long I'm going to play a game... it differs...

9. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] The good old original Baldur's Gate " keeps my interest" to this day, and I think it always will. It is special to me because it is the first rpg I ever played and is still my favorite, I can't get enough of it.

10. Felgash Toradûn Banned

I have to try out different classes/races/alignments and such...

What I did with IWD2, was: I finished it once in AD&D, twice in Insane and once in HoF...

I'm half through in my second HoF game as I type...

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well last week I played Civilization 1 :eek:

Go figure!

12. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well ive been playing the original Zelda for Nintendo since the day it came out. Though of course i eventually put it on my computer :D Most good games you can atleast get a year out of. Though things like MMORPGs you can probably get quite a few years out of. You would be wasting years of your life at the same time though.(like i did with AC)

Games like Thief and Thief II are always in my heart as well :D

13. Blog Gems: 23/31

Holy, and I thought I would be the only one who doesn't get bored from replaying games several times. Looks like I'm not alone :)

14. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31

Usually nice, new, fresh games coming out, sometimes it can be hard to keep up. Expecially when your still playing something thats been out five years :p

15. Felgash Toradûn Banned

If you liked them, you should definitively try out Splinter Cell, based on a novell by Tom Clancy... It's great!!

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I can play games forever. I will most likely leave it a while and come back - I always do.

Don't you just love loyal people? :grin:

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It really depends on the game. I am currently playing BG2 again for the umpteenth time.

I have some games like Civilizations 2 and Master of Orion 2 that I never really grow tired of. I will not touch for months on end but then I will fire them up for a game or two and it will be like I had never stopped playing them.

For CRPGs I will typically beat the game once without assistance and then take a look at some walkthroughs and play a game where I try to find everything I missed the first time. After that I will usually only play it again if there is an alternate path to take or if I find an interesting mod.

18. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Depends on the replay value of the game in question.

BG1 and 2 I've played about half a dozen times each and when the next BG2 mod is released I'll probably play it again.

IWD1 and 2 I played twice and doubt I'll touch them again. Too linear. The game's the same every time you play it.

NWN I played once and have no yearning desire to play again. I doubt I'd have had the willpower to finish it the first time if I hadn't downloaded the walkthru as I was pretty close to giving up through sheer tedium.

Diablo 2 I played once and the unchanging style of play - wander around and kill lots of enemies, etc, etc, etc - dissuaded me from trying it again.

POR I played for about a day before the sheer naffness of it just got to me.

19. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31

I liked those games because of the medival fantasy time they were based in :D Plus they were just awesome lol.

20. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I never play any Pc games.....but as far as consoles go i've put in about 152 hours into final fantasy 10 and i've got about 100 on metal gear solid 2.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.