1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unheard-of games

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Blog, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

@Intentioner
    I loved Interstate '76. Great game. What other game allows you to load up an ice cream truck with all sorts of ridiculous weaponry and duel in the desert?

2. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Avoid the Noid.
    I hated that game, but if anyone here (not including reep, of course) has played this, I'll be flabbergasted.

3. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

4. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Ahhh, my kind of topic!

Netstorm - 8people, do you know is there another server?
    Stratosphere - great game, similar by idea to netstorm (8people, you must try this one if you have a chance!), unfortunately my CD doesn't work anymore :(
    Vagabonds - i thought this game had potential, but it doesn't, can someone please tell me otherwise
    Death Rally - this is great game, i think it is not so non popular, but it is similar (and better than) Vagabonds

Knights And Merchants - as Morgoth said the game was difficult, but i would rather say, slow! The Settlers (similar) were slow, but this one is even slower because the transportation was bad and building roads was also slow

Bridge Builder, Pontifex or Pontifex II - another great game, build bridges, solve constructing problems etc.

Hexplore - is nice hack and slash with puzzles, but it is rather old so i would recommend more Final Fantasy like: Technomage

And Interstate 76 was very popular here! Even more than 82! One of rare games that we played modem to modem!

And Machines and Total Annihilation, good 3D RTSs, they were little played here, i think because of Starcraft that was released in the same time (almost) (i think)

[ February 14, 2003, 10:21: Message edited by: ToTaL ]

5. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Colonization! Definetely :) Played that game to death. :D

6. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Hmmmm .... how about olde Amiga games such as K240, Moonstone, Legend of Faerghail, Body Blows, Full Contact, Wings etc etc etc *sigh* ahhh the nostalgia....

7. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    ever play "how to be a complete bastard" on the amiga?

8. Silroth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Omega!!
    Still one of the best DnDs! (certainly the programmers were stoned during the whole programming phase)
    Had some of the best monsters ever, but you died easily (of hunger or a pack of monsters waylaying you, an angry archangle as you were innocently ravaging a temple on the wayside, or a succubus if you didn't control your lower parts after long weeks in the dungeons).
    I liked the way you could choose your god(s) according to your curent alignment (dangerous business though, the gods had their very own opinion oh that).
    Not in every game you could be head of the paladin order and then start out at a carreer in the thieves guild (ok, so the pal's withdrew their loving affection from you, but so what;)

Moria (still better, somehwat more straight).
    I battled the Balrog to its inevitable death. You could load up your weapons till they literally blew up in your face. I had more than one infinitly expensive holy defender (+12/+17) STR+3 + + + ...
    go up in skoke before my admittedly somewhat wet eyes.

ADOM !!! the only game that anticipates the corrupting effects that chaos has on you as it pumps up your mana but slowly and irreversably turns you into a powerful but formless servant of pure chaos itself.
    Good NPCs, very detailed racial feats.

9. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yeah, i played how to be a complete bastard, but on the spectrum. Ahh, the days of 8 coloured games.

10. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Played Body Blows.

Anyone played Castle of the Winds?

11. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yeah, Interstate '76, with 'fro's and flares and typical American Vigilante action. It was a WELL cool game.

Dunbgeon keeper, bought it for my B'day ages ago, it was cool, but I got bored after completing it three times. My dad STILL play's it today :eek: I can't believe it.

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 turbo-that was a cool, if rather hard at times, game. Super deformed street fighter and darkstalkers battling in puzzle style.

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I've played Dragonriders of Pern - IMHO it was a bit... rubbish. On my system it was anyway

Sacrifice - Played it recently - might have been played it is a great game. Quite a funny story, My friends birthday on the 16th Feb, this year. Alex trying to go on internet that wasn't working so I *eventually* persuaded them (gotta love manipulation, being a girl helps :thumb: ) to install this game Thomas hadn't even opened (his B'day) he got the game for Christmas - now it's one of the best games we've played :)
    Told them ;)

Rage of Mages anyone? Quite a good game - BGish in style. you have itty bitty adventurers and mercaneries who cast spells - and you can stip them!!!! Each piece of EQ has an apearence on the "paper-doll" model of them. And they have dialogue

<Add on 2 post>
    I was only aware of one Netstorm server. I have searched and stuff but even the really cool fan sites have disappeared off the face of the Earth... or are now foreign.

[ February 20, 2003, 21:29: Message edited by: 8people ]

13. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

dragon throne....quite good game..

14. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I've tried Rages of Mages 2 on a downloaded demo. I finished the demo version and thought it had potential to be a great RPG and really looked forward to buying it. But then I came across BG2 and totally forgot about Rages of Mages.

15. Never Is A Promise Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

the best underappreciated game out there is one called Hardwar, made by a small, now defunct english company.
    You can download it now on underdogs, great game everyone should try it!

p.s id link it but i dont know tals rules on outside linking to abandonwares sites

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    True abandonware is OK by me. (I.e. games that cannot be bought anywhere any more.)

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dinopark Tycoon. It realy sucks and is realy quite stupid but I doubt anyones every heard of it :)

18. Never Is A Promise Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well for Hardwar go to http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=4234 the underdogs only offers genuine abandonware, if the games still in print or is a member of the idsa they will not let you download it, or they will give you a link to where you can buy it. the version here is without the videos or music (the vids are kinda important though) so once your convinced its genuine abandonware go to http://www.arborwood.com/awforums/show-toparea-1.php?fid=8035&taid=1 because right now theyre ona quest to get the CD's and iso's out to anyone who wants to play to try and keep theyre community alive.

19. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Anyone out there ever play Record of Lodoss War? It was a fun little RPG on the DC, based on some anime or other.

20. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I played colonozation. Love the beginning but I couldn't raise a big enough army.

Seven Kingdoms is one of those games I have grown to hate. It had over a 9 on gamespot when I bought it. Never hated a game more. Maybe I shouldn't have bough the sequel :rolleyes:

Anyone played Silver??

EDIT: I forgot 'Legends of Might and Magic', but that is actually a really fun game (without the ubers)

[ February 24, 2003, 11:12: Message edited by: Apeman ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.