1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anyone play Gothic 2?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Silroth, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Silroth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] After Gothic 1 I've waited a long time for this game. Now it's out!
    No bugs found yet.
    So, is anyone here playing it or considering to???

For those yet unaware of Gothic, its a first person role playing game:
    - you can walk/run/swimm/(fly) freely through a big terrain
    - borders are natural (the sea, mountains, ...)
    - magic is mana based
    - you choose your professions on the way
    - monsters are 3D animated (and tough)
    - people react to your actions
    - you typically don't (have to) kill people, but rather leave them unconsious

This place turned out to be my favourite forum while I played BG/BGII.
    So, if enough people here are playing Gothic2, maybe ther sorc will open a new forum.

[ December 19, 2002, 12:05: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I played Gothic 1 and it was great until i came to that orc tribe and after that into those dungeons before the Sleeper. Those dungeons made me stop playing the game. :mad:
    But now that 2 will come i'm certainly gonna get it - as soon as it gets here :(

I think in the second one you'll be able to walk everywhere and not just the bounders of that prison. Is that true?

OH, and dont expect Gothic to get a forum on its own. Its not a D&D game :rolleyes:

[ December 27, 2002, 15:19: Message edited by: Gothmog4230 ]

3. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I want this game.. I never tried gothic, but I heard a lot of good things about it. I'm currently in the middle of Arx Fatalis, another great adventure/rpg from Jowood.

4. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

I will consider it, though unfortunately I just ordered Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale II and Planescape: Torment! :rolleyes:

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I liked the first one especially becouse of the freedom it gave you. I could go everywhere i liked, killed some monsters slept a little and then go back to the camp to forge some weapons and then sell them. Or just go foraging around the countryside - thats a great thing too. There were a LOT of plants and herbs and such stuff you could forage. Kill some animals take their skin (if you have learned that-very useful ;) ) and then make something with it.

Really it WAS awesome game :D

6. Silroth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hi Gothmog,
    as for Gothic I: if I remember correctly those Orcs were not meant to be killed. (I exterminated them and felt rather bad afterwards, when I found out there was an alternative (well not really, they were good for a lot of experience after all)).

As for Gothic II: I just played a little over the hollydays. The look and feel (graphics engine, controlls) hasn't changed much, I had expected at more. I've expereinced only few bugs (some holes in the landscape, which make you fall a looooong way) and one or two outright crashes plus some obscure effects (once - after a swimming session - I was locked into wading mode, which looked rather obscure on hard ground, also I couldn't complete a side quest because I had allready killed all the monsters in question).

It's rather depressive to find yourself getting killed by monsters you simply mowed through at the end of Gothic I.

I'm currently stuck with the fire-quest(mages only), so get your hands on the game guys!!! :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.