1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dungeon areas list (Warning: major spoiler)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Extremist, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Some of you already know that lately I'm researching romances. Also I was answering a question about Edwin and Nether scroll.
    And surprise: I found out that Edwin's misfortune with scroll AND all romances can't proceed in areas that are of type "dungeon".

SoA recognizes these types of areas:
    NORMAL
    CITY
    FOREST
    DUNGEON

This topic will show what areas are of type dungeon - you'll see that some of those are bugged so it can delay your romancing experience (if you are in dungeon when timer expires - the game won't set timer for next romancing dialog untill you get outta dungeon and do the dialog).
    Keep in mind that some quests like Edwin's won't trigger if you're in dungeon areas - but also if you're in some specific areas, i.e. Degardan in Edwin's quest won't appear inside some parts of Athkatla besides dungeons.
    The same is with romances - they won't trigger in some areas although those are non-dungeon type, i.e. Viconia won't sleep with you around de'Arnise Hold (AR1300).

So the best thing in those cases is moving between DIFFERENT NON-DUNGEON areas.

I think the dungeon areas thing and romancing is OK - if there were no bugs involved.

But, specific areas block - that's lame.

-----------------------------------------------------

Dungeon areas

AR0018 - cellar from Tutorial
    AR0201 - under Temple District
    AR0202 - under Temple District
    AR0204 - under Temple District
    AR0205 - under Temple District
    AR0206 - under Temple District
    AR0404 - under Copper Coronet (sewers)
    AR0410 - inside Plannar Sphere
    AR0411 - inside Plannar Sphere
    AR0412 - inside Plannar Sphere
    AR0413 - inside Plannar Sphere
    AR0414 - Negative Material Plane (valley)
    AR0420 - inside Plannar Sphere
    AR0502 - Tanner Shop in Bridge District
    AR0503 - Tanner Shop in Bridge District
    AR0516 - Plannar Prison
    AR0602 - Starting Dungeon
    AR0603 - Starting Dungeon
    AR0604 - Circus Tent Illusionary
    AR0605 - Circus Tent Illusionary
    AR0701 - under Temple District (sewers)
    AR0705 - Mekrath's Lair
    AR0711 - Illithid Base under Athkatla
    AR0801 - under Graveyard District
    AR0802 - under Graveyard District
    AR0803 - under Graveyard District
    AR0808 - under Graveyard District
    AR0809 - under Graveyard District
    AR1101 - Valygar's cabin - this must be a bug
    AR1201 - Firkraag's Dungeon starting area
    AR1202 - Firkraag's Dungeon inside
    AR1301 - de'Arnise Hold inside
    AR1302 - de'Arnise Hold inside
    AR1303 - de'Arnise Hold inside
    AR1401 - Temple Ruins underground - towards Shade Lord
    AR1403 - Anath's lair
    AR1502 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1503 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1504 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1505 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1506 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1507 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1508 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1509 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1510 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1511 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1512 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1513 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1514 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1515 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR1516 - Spellhold dungeons
    AR2100 - Underdark
    AR2101 - Beholders' lair
    AR2300 - Underwater city
    AR2400 - Illithid's lair
    AR2401 - exit to surface from Underdark
    AR2402 - exit to surface with Kuo-Toa
    AR2602 - Forest of Tethir - inside a cave
    AR2603 - Forest of Tethir - inside a cabin
    AR2900 - Hell (teardoor)
    AR2904 - Hell (selfish)

A note - if you get de'Arnise Hold as stronghold, it stops being dungeon. In that case you don't have to fear like in Plannar Sphere that your romance will get delays while you're inside.

Areas that IMHO should be also put as dungeon
    These are not dungeons although they ARE part of dungeons, so you may exploit them in order to get romance proceeding... :mad:

AR0203 - under Temple District - Amaunator's temple
    AR0418 - under Copper Coronet - Myconids lair
    AR0517 - Plannar Prison
    AR0518 - Plannar Prison
    AR0519 - Plannar Prison
    AR0520 - Plannar Prison
    AR0521 - Plannar Prison
    AR0600 - Circus Tent Illusionary - starting area
    AR0601 - Starting Dungeon
    AR0606 - Circus Tent Illusionary - last room
    AR0804 - under Graveyard District - spiders' lair (Pai'Na)
    AR1203 - Firkraag's Dungeon - Firkraag's lair
    AR1402 - Thaxll'ssillyia's lair
    AR2102 - Adalon's lair
    AR2500 - Underdark Exit (surface) - so possible fights triggered from romances or quests won't ruin the game
    AR2901 - Hell (fear)
    AR2902 - Hell (pride)
    AR2903 - Hell (greed)
    AR2905 - Hell (wraith)

I mean, imagine you're romancing or even sleeping with Viccy in front of Firkraag?!?! Come on! Maybe exciting, but is it normal?
    Yeah, then again imagine Degardan meets you and attacks Edwin in front of Firkraag - a mage that doesn't give a damn about red dragons... :rolleyes: I want him as NPC then!

-----------------------------------------------------

Finally, I'd like someone who has ToB and Infinity Engine Explorer to check if anything has changed there (look General for all unlogical areas mentioned above).
    The rest of glitches, Nobleman will mail to that Bioware feedback address, won't you Nobleman?
    A late patch is better than never I think.

2. cotman68 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

very interesting. I personally think that romances are the toughest thing to figure out in this game. I have read countless posts on this subject (on this site and several others). and I still don't fully comprehend triggers, stalls, timers etc.

Don't some area behave differently for different romances? i.e. doesn't the underdark stall jah and aerie romances and allow others to proceed?

are you planning on submitting your write-up of the romances to this site?

3. Avooch Dar Guest

Great work again Extremist, again!

But one slight point.

Next time i am in a dungeon and my girlfriend is getting impaitient for a bit of rumpy pumpy i will quickly zap myself out of there to a location which is slighty more desirable and about 100 hundred miles away.

Extremist, cheating is cheating so why do you have to encourage these poor damned souls who have no dignity or courage.

i hope you understand mate. :D :D :D

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Cotman, I was wrong out there about variables, these are real values:
    1 - you got romancing person in the party at lest once
    2 - you're sleeping with romancing person
    3 - romance is screwed

This means all girls with possible romance will have value of 1. But when you make a mistake in dialog wit one of them, she gets 3. And when you get one of them to value 2, the game instantly puts 3 in two other girls. OK?

Avooch - there is no cheating in this thread.
    You can't bypass dungeon check. This is just a spoiler + glitch descriptions.

And yes, I'm on writing a new r. guide - because according to guide you can download from SP (and I think that guide sux) you're supposed to pick up EXACTLY one dialog. PPL, no, you're just supposed NOT to pick certain dialogs. Most dialogs are right.
    But all in time, be patient. ;)

And this list although linked to romances is actually linked to quests too. So it has no place in actual guide. In guide it is enough to say - no romances in dungeons. Here everyone can find details. Or ask.

5. Avooch Dar Guest

my apologies.
    You know what i am like on this subject.

6. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Um... Extremist, are you absolutely sure about this? Could there be some other variable at work?

Because in one of my games, Jaheira and Aerie had their gigantic cat-fight on me inside Nalia's keep (I was not a fighter), and in another game, Aerie asked my character to sleep with her while we were resting in the sewers under the temple.

I'm absolutely sure of both these locations.

Could it be that this was one of the things fixed in a later version of the game? The official version number of my copy of the game is different from my friend's, and we already noticed another difference between romances in his version and mine (in his, if a romance dialogue skips, the romance stalls, whereas in mine, it starts right up with the next one--giving him a whole set of "what the hell is wrong with this romance" bugs and me a whole set of "what do you mean I told Viconia I wouldn't sleep with her?!?" bugs...)

7. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Sorry that I didn't take an interest in this before Mr. Matrix Aka Extremist. :)
    I have actually been quite addicted to mailing Mobygames now.

So please by all means. Bring on everything to my email and I'll explain the nature of the problem to Mobygames attaching the problem itself as a txt.file

Anything for You :p
    I love to talk to corporates. I have a dream that they'll answer me someday.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited August 27, 2001).]

8. cotman68 Gems: 6/31

After messing around with CLUAconsole in an attempt to finish the viconia romance for SoA, I made some observations that I may or may not be interpreting correctly.

The number you get, LoveTalk, is sort of a 'score' that you accumulate as the romance progresses. So, as you said, there is no single correct answer.

I think, however, that each answer gives you a different score. Some are clearly wrong and can kill the romance.. i.e. set the romance score to 3. Some seem to be 'better'---i.e. 'playful' fighting with viconia (roleplaying a drow?) vs. being goody-goody with viconia.

I think (big leap here) that your score keeps increasing until you reach the last dialogue.. and, at that time, if you have surpassed the requisite score (about 70 for viconia) then you 'win' and get the 'endgame' (handmaiden/demon for viconia). if you don't reach this score, you lose and the romance is over.

the other possibility is that the lovetalk number simply refers to a preset stage in the romance that you reach as long as you don't choose the 'incorrect' answer (the single incorrect choice). this did seem to match my experience however--the lovetalk number was 67 when viconia told me she wanted to 'break it off'.. and it stalled at 67 with no further advancement (in fact, the romance number was '3' after that dialogue (in which I picked the choice the guide told me too)...

later, I restarted at a point when the lovetalk number was 57.. and set it to 71 before she broke up with me.. then, we broke up, and the romance advance to just AFTER the handmaiden attacked....

very odd stuff

there are several variables involved here:

LoveTalk
    ViconiaRomance
    ViconiaRomanceActive

LoveTalk is always between 1-70 something..

the other 2 --one is 1-3 as you describe above.. but the other can be very different.. such as 20000.....

9. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Gah. No, that's definitely not how it works.

Almost all the responses during the course of the romance are "right answers." You get a few choices, so that you can roleplay different personalities. With Jaheira, for example, you can be very serious or light-hearted about the relationship, or you can bounce back and forth. As long as you don't tell her to leave you alone or give her rude/abusive answers, she will continue to develop the relationship.

Basically, the default is that each romance interaction happens, the LoveTalk increases, some time passes, and then the next one happens. Sometimes there is a special requirement for one of the interactions, such as having to be outside or having to rest first or something like that. If you say the -wrong- thing, your RomanceActive variable will be set to 3, your romance is over, and there will be no more interactions. Otherwise, it will continue. Barring a bug, that is.

As Extremist already explained, RomanceActive variables of 1 mean that the romance has started, 2 means it is in the "committed" stage (you can only have one love interest at this point), 3 means it's over and dead. If a walkthrough coached you to make a choice with Viconia that set the number to 3, it was a poor walkthrough. The Viconia relationship won't end very well, but at least it should end with your value at 2 so you can improve on things in ToB.

The other variable, I believe, is the timer, and controls the time between interactions.

10. cotman68 Gems: 6/31

the timer part makes sense--that is why it was very high (in the 20000 range at one point)

the lovetalk part still doesn't make too much sense because I came near the end .. watching the variable increase as time went on.. I answered the 'almost last' dialogue seemingly correctly.. but the romances just.. ended.. at lovetalk=67 (I then set it to 70 with cluaconsole and the romance came to its SoA conclusion.. and is now continuing in ToB). I have also heard that the Jah lovetalk must be 70 at the end. are you absolutely sure this is not how it works?

[This message has been edited by cotman68 (edited August 27, 2001).]

11. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

Quite sure. If your ViconiaRomanceActive variable was 3 after LoveTalk 67, then either you made a bad choice or you hit a bug.

Viconia's last SoA LoveTalk is 76, Jaheira's is 70.

And the reason that setting your LoveTalk to 71 advanced your romance to just after the Handmaiden attacked... is that LoveTalk 71 is the interaction just after the Handmaiden attack.

[This message has been edited by tjekanefir (edited August 27, 2001).]

12. cotman68 Gems: 6/31

it was 67 after my last dialogue.. and I believe ViconiaRomanceActive was 2 yet .. not a peep from her for 90 days+ (and at least an hour of real time)..
    but.. even if it was not 2, I made the choice that the guide says to make. and the only logical choice IMHO.

when I set the lovetalk to 71, the romance then concluded

13. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

That's not what you said earlier. You said that after that interaction, the romance seemed to die, and you checked and her LoveTalk was 67 and her Active variable was 3. That means either you chose the wrong answer in that interaction, or you hit a bug.

Setting the LoveTalk to 71 skipped you to the dialogue after the Handmaiden attack because LoveTalk 71 is the dialogue after the Handmaiden attack.

The LoveTalk number of each dialogue is the same every time.

14. cotman68 Gems: 6/31

Ahh .. I mis-typed earlier.. but I think I get your point. I feel now that I hit a bug.. and the romance did not advance for some unknown reason. If the active variable was actually 2, then something should have happened.

15. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] Great job, Extremist! Very useful info.

16. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] 1. Dungeon areas vs romances

[Edited]

INDEED!
    Generally spoken no romances can be active in dungeons... with some exceptions!
    This is list of lovetalk values that will trigger no matter where you are:

Aerie: 25 or 45
    Anomen: 31 or 35
    Jaheira: 57 or 67
    Viconia: 39, 49 or 61

But all other dialogs WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE in dungeons. For other details, do be patient till I finish the guide, I can't skip from theme to theme so much. OK?
    Anyway, thanks for warning.

2. The variables
    What I told about 1-2-3 variable is completely true.
    I don't know LoveTalk highest values - I'm not yet finished with that part. Patience, Dr Watson!!!
    DO NOT touch NPCRomance variable - it is timer that is used NOT ONLY for LoveTalks!!! Especially because Viconia's party exits are bugged because of misusing that variable in her scripts. Yes, I'm positive on this.
    NPCRomanceActive is the ONLY global variable you should deal with. For now, of course.

3. The thread
    Finally, I'm not so happy that this thread changed into thread about highest values, etc in romances. It was supposed to be an info on dungeon areas only. I know I'll piss mods with this, but I must ask you politely that you open the new thread about LoveTalk values. Not only because I'm some purist here, but because someone who knows something or is interested in that won't search it in "DUNGEON AREAS" thread but in "LOVETALK VALUES" thread or similar. Thanx.

[Edit]

Nobleman!!! What anything for me...
    I'm not searching for a romance here :p :p
    I've got enough of that in chatroom... Kit, for once, stop smooching me, I can't concentrate... ;) :D

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited August 27, 2001).]

17. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31

I don't have ToB installed, nor any patches except the official one that the game downloaded when I installed it. My override files are dated 9/12/2000. Perhaps my patch is more recent than yours?

I don't have a savegame from the sewers where Aerie tried to jump me, but I do have the savegame from Nalia's keep where the girls started having their catfight, and that still happens. Is that interaction different somehow?

[edit]

Ahhhhh! The light dawns! Well, since the catfight is 25 and Aerie jumping you is 45, that explains why I had those encounters in dungeon areas, then. (-:

I'm assuming that the reason those particular encounters aren't resticted is that they're all overnight encounters, and therefore are by definition happening in a relatively safe/private place?

[This message has been edited by tjekanefir (edited August 27, 2001).]

18. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Its amazing that you even bother. :cool: The next time one of you wannabe-matrixes has a date You will be thinking in all numbers... :p

EDITED HERE AS A CONSEQUENCE TO EXTREMIST CHILDISH AND PURILE EDIT: :rolleyes:

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited August 29, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.