1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Old console RPG's...

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Xandar Dae'Ithil, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] What are some of your favorite RPG's for older systems (Sega and the like). I used to and stilld o love two games for Sega called Shining Force 1 and 2. Great games, the only reason why I still *have* my Sega. Anyone else play this? Or even hear of it? Go around finding NPC's to join your party, and you travel around a bit. I specially liked the wolf guy in Shining Force 1.

[ October 05, 2002, 11:28: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Soul here. I remember those games. They ROCKED! It was like a combination RPG and turn-based Strategy game, and it had the biggest groups of any role player I've ever played. My personal favourite character is Claude the Golem from the second one. Overall, I liked the second game better than the first, though I HATED the ending! I mean, they tell you you have to marry the princess, but first, oh yeah, Sarah was in love with you... Argh... I played it up to 'The Decision', then purposely stopped playing. I've never 'beaten' the game. I've killed Zeon, but never actually gotten to 'The End.' Which is a pity. Have you ever found the secret Ultimate Battle?

3. alighter Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

It belongs to quite a popular genre called SLG in Japan and Taiwan, including a lot of games like Final Fantasy Tactics, Hoshigami, Vanguard Bandit, Vandal Hearts, Front Mission and a helluva lot of PC games...

4. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31

Soul: You mean where you fight all the main baddies in one battle?

5. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yes, being related to him, I do believe that he is reffering to that one. Which other one is there?

6. Elementus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I have always been a ZELDA fan. My favorite has always been ZELDA: A Link to the Past.

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

To this day, Link to the Past was the best remakes of any "remake" game; ever.

It was a remake of Zelda1. That's not to say Zelda1 owned LttP, that's to say LttP was an outstanding game in a pit of completely worthless dog excrement that had been piled up over the course of 6 years and kept watered so it would stay moist and repungent.

But there's some other games which are good too. Legend of Gaia (or whatever it was called; it's been 7 years since I played it) was a good game. Final Fantasy 3/6 (the snes one; not the Japanese PC one) was good. Heck, I spent a lot of hours on Legend of Mana. Or whatever it was called.

But Link to the Past was the one that comes back to mind. I only played it for a couple of hours, then spent about a year without a SNES (I was floating on the Pacific Ocean during this hiatus), and came back to a snes and very soon after that purchase, a Nintendo64.

Link to the Past is a game I could still play to this day. I have it on emu, in fact.

God, help me. I could play it only if Link had a litesaber.

Jedi Link...Jedi Link...Jedi Link...

[edit: *whew*. Changed an ocean name. Fairly significant difference between Atlantic and Pacific...)

[ October 06, 2002, 06:54: Message edited by: ejsmith ]

8. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31

reepnorp: Dunno, might have ben something I never figured out before. But yes, I have found it and played it, but I don't think I ever won.

9. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yes, the first Zelda game for Nintendo was awesome. At first it was too damn easy, then I made my name Zelda, and it was almost like a whole new game! Well, not really, but it was still fun none the less.

10. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Secret on Mana I and II. I think they rocked. It was also perhaps the first (and probably one of the only one's too) multiplayer RPG on a console, though I get the feeling someone is going to prove me wrong.

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Definatly secret of mana!

Just playing the game for the cool moves and spells that change at level 8, one of the best i ever played.

12. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Good to see someone agree's with me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.