1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What do you guys Think of Final Fantasy games?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy Series' started by xlMacStroudlx, Aug 21, 2002.

1. xlMacStroudlx Banned

I would like Tal to put a link in to some FInal Fantasy reviews of mine...

And I'd like to know what y'all think of the games and whether or not it should go ahead.

If Tal reads this, please vote, but dont take it the wrong way as Ima just looking to see where the interest lies, and whether it would be worthwhile or not, and thanks for your emails tal, much obliged.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 27 user(s) have voted.

Poll Results: What do you guys Think of Final Fantasy games? (27 votes.)

What do you guys think of Final Fantasy games? (Choose 1)
    * Yes, Put the links in by all means, the games are worth their own section... - 70% (19)
    * Im dont really care for them, if you put the link in, i certainly wouldnt read about it - 30% (8)

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    You should put another option there which is a bit more neutral like : "I don't really care, but I wouldn't mind if it was there."

3. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Or another option for: I love the games, but couldn't care less.

4. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] There's always the "It's just Pokemon, but with a cheesey storeyline". Or at least that was the impression i got when i played a demo on PSX. :D

5. Enthasius Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] I like to think of myself as a calm, well behaved person, the kind who doesn't need to start flaming people.....but im afraid you've just plucked a bad nerve pal, "The intentioner of the damned.

Since when, in the multiversive history of co-existance, has the game (any of them) been ANYTHING like pokemon??? I think I should list some differences.

1:pokemon is about collecting odd creatures, while the FF series' storyline varies greatly throughout all of its 11 incarnations(not including the other RPG's they have made).

2:pokemon is nowhere near as complex as FF.

3:FF is serious, pokemon is rather timid.

4:In FF, certain scenes can be rather nasty, with people dying and such (Just look at Aeris's death, and that nasty bit when sin decimates all those blokes on the beach.) Pokemon doesn't have anything like that, as it was intended for the younger audience.

5:FF has more powerful creatures to use. I'd like to see Bahamut vs Pikachu in a one-on-one.

6:Characters in FF use guns, swords, missles and somewhat oversized cannons, Pokemon uses.....pokemon.

7:Im sure that im not alone out here when I say that in my personal opinion, FF is much better than Pokemon.

8:On most FF's, characters have well detailed backgrounds, fascinating personalities, and sometimes sinister motives, Pokemon doesn't have much, if any.

9:Characters have much more detail on FF than on Pokemon

10:FF doesn't have multi-franchises, so it doesn't pinch cash from peoples pocket if your a big fan. Just look at the amount of stuff you can buy for Pokemon, compared to ANY Final Fantasy.

Have I proved my point?? Or do I need to state more? Hmm?

6. Undead Sorcerer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I agree with Enthasius. Final Fantasy series is so much better than the pokemon series due to the reasons he stated, repectively.

7. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

One of my stupid friends said that pokemon was like Final fantasy and I kicked his ass (in a friendly way of course). He now knows better than to even compare pokemon to it.

8. Veldrin

Veldrin We'll ride the spiral to the end Veteran

Final Fantasy games rule. 7 is my favorite.

9. Kurtz Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm sorry to head a little off the topic here, but, Abyssal Knight, the definition of "ass" is in fact 1.Quadruped of horse family or 2.stupid person. I find unlikely that your friend owns either of these and, even if he does, it is doubtful that he would let you go around kicking it.

10. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm a farmer and I kicked his donkey. That's what I meant.

11. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

:rolleyes: Relax guys. I only stated a possible opinion. Just coz that happens to be one of mine doesn't mean jack.

I said that that was the impression i got from playing a demo of FF 6 or 7 when they came out a few years ago. The whole point of a demo is to give a feel for the whole game. Due to the limitations of the demo it felt a bit like pokemon. And becasuse of that i never went out and bought/played the full game.

12. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

It sure is very :) diffrent that BG series but it is realy a VERY good game. Shame i only played 7 and 8 becouse i only have a PC :(

13. TheNovak Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I grew up with the FF series, but I guess computer RPGs have spoiled me. I had to will myself to finish FF9 (which was awesome, and significantly better than 8), and I have no desire to even touch FF10. Guess I'll stick with Black Isle stuff :p

As to the main subject of this string... There need to be more than two options. I agree with whoever said they love the FF games, but really don't care if they get on the site.

14. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

don't really like them, except for it's branches like FFT.

15. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

As tal's said time and again, Final Fantasy links will never be put in as this is a classic Fantasy site.

I love the FF games I just wouldn't want to see them on SP.

[ September 17, 2002, 21:01: Message edited by: Z-Layrex ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.