1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is it addictive?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Sir Chad, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Sir Chad Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] is balders gate II addictive because i know someone that has played this game so many times i cant add them up!:lol:

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have played it sooooo many times - actually I csan't remember how often - for reasons unknown to me ... I doubt it's addictive at all ...

3. cirian16 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I think its addictive....prolly because of all the differant subquests(i know i missed some in BG!)and because of all the roleplaying involved in BG2 its just not hack and slash....one game you could be involved with aerie the next jharia(sorry for sp)the next vironica(again im not good with names).One game you could kill that big ole dragon the next you could make a deal.You can slaughter a town or save them from death theres so many differant ways to do a differant situation its....fun.

4. Sir Lalron Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Adictive?? of course it is I play it all the time!!!

[This message has been edited by Sir Lalron (edited February 24, 2002).]

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Mwoah...

I usually play the game till about 5.30am.
    It ruined my college.
    It ruined my social life.
    It's eating my brains.
    It's devestating my body.
    It ruined my life.

But I don't want to loose this game. I would give up anything for it, if there would be anything left...

6. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I USED to be addicted to BG2. Now I have weaned myself off any IE games. All I have now is Sorcerers Place. Heh. Maybe that's not such a bad thing..

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

once TOB is on there with it it becomes a drug ;)

8. bp Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've been playing a druid lately. A friend got me out to go hiking in the woods, and I started wishing I could morph into a bear or something.

Addicting? Nah! Except when you can't tell the difference between the game and "real" life, it's a little confusing. But I can stop whenever I want ... really ...

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] This morning I missed my bus ... :mad::flaming::mad: ... I'd wish I'd enetered Cheats=1 in my IRL.ini ... one Ctrl+J and ... voila ... or I could have summoned dimension door scroll ... ;) :p

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hell yeah... I suck at school vbeacuse I play it instead of doing homework....

Ara
    (Soon to be kickout, probably...)

11. Sir Chad Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] After extensive reaserch a name this game totally and utterly: ADDICTIVE !!! :hippy:

12. Sir Goulum Gems: 3/31

Addictive hmmm? well let me see. it is all i play. i have a binder full of walkthroughs and cheats. i have so many places bookmarked on IE it isn't even funny. YES IT IS ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think I have the same problem as bp.

Everywhere I come I want to cast a spell or want to do any action only possible in BG2.

Everybody I meet is transformed in some BG2-character....(my sister is a Priest of Lathander, married to a dwarven berserker etc)

I even got a slap on my face once because I couldn't start a normal conversation, but always had to tell what I managed to do in BG2.

Aaaaargh!

14. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] hell yeah! one of my friends has distributed each disc to different people to ensure he won't succumb to temptation during the upcoming exam period. my will is stronger (i hope!) :almostmad:

15. Killer Dwarf Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] You bet and i love it!!!!!!

16. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Damn the Blasted registration office for noth allowing meh person to be a stout dwarven barbarian! Even when I brought me Axe withe me, did they naught believe me. I had to settle with Paladin, that was as far as they could bend their lil' rules... :almostmad:

Addictive? Nah :p

17. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Like crack.

18. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I reinstalled the game for the 3rd time... I did like 5 solos, two good parties, two evil parties... I explored the entire damn game. I read so much my head is going to explode.

Nah, it isnt addictive, its a way of life =)

19. Berem Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] Yes, yes, of course it is.

20. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] What a conicidence the god! I had to give the play cd to a friend of mine to keep till after the exams. I told her that she's not to give it back no matter how much I plead :cry:, beg :wail:, threaten :mad:, cajole :1eye: or offer :money:.

Now, letseee if the exam finishes at five, I can get the disk at 17:01, get a cab at approx 17:05 and be home in 20 minutes. Than 2 more minutes for the computer to load up and lets say 2 more for the game... Lets give it one more minute overall for unforseen obstacles. Yep, cool I can start playing it again half an hour after the exams... :hahaerr:

[This message has been edited by Vukodlak (edited March 09, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.