1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Old rpgs?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by GuarMar487, Mar 14, 2002.

1. GuarMar487 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] hey guys, i'm only 14, and i was wondering what are some good rpgs for the nes. you see, someone D/L NESticle, and got like every single game EVER! so i've been looking for some rpgs. thanx for your help!

2. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

If you are talking about the original NES, try the first Final Fantasy. That is not a bad little game. Crystalis was another RPG/adventure type that was not to bad. The Dragon Warrior series as well was pretty decent. Off hand I cannot think of any more than this, since these are all I played on that system, if mean it has been about 14 years or more for me.

ccp

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Might and Magic 3 I think (for NES)

4. comicspaul Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The two best games I ever played on the NES were Legend of Zelda and Adventures of Link...setting the standard for future computer RPGs

5. Xenomorph Gems: 3/31

Yes I agree for crystalis, it was a good game. Might and Magic 3 is for SNES, unless it has been made for NES too. I would add to the list: Faxanadu(spelling?) I liked this game and the music is still haunting me :heh:

6. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Final fantasy 1 is truly great. Sadly FF2 is on the NES but only in Japanese...
    FF3 is also only in Japanese but it was rereleased in English (which they called FF6) but that's only on the PSX...
    FF5 is available in english again only on the PSX FF4 can be found on the NES in english though. And also the SNES for smoother graphics.

7. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Thses maybe really before your guys time and not for the NES but still superior games, I have to disagree the standard for RPG was set by Wasteland and before it SunDog. By today's standards these games may have poor sound and graphics but they created the concept of the open ended RPG and in the case of SunDog the object interface system. You can play them on your (PC) computer with a emulater for a true early 80 experience.

For the NES Adventures of Link and The Legend of Zelda were both great as well.

[This message has been edited by Voltric (edited April 10, 2002).]

8. GuarMar487 Gems: 3/31

Hey thanks everyone! really great games!
    Voltric- Link AND Zelda?? Wachootalkinabout??

9. comicspaul Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I will have to bow before your greater experience, Voltric as I have never played Sundog or Wasteland, but will look out for them (if thats possible)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.