1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Poll: most disappointing games...

Discussion in 'Playground' started by void, Mar 5, 2002.

1. total Guest

I disappointed in many games (TDD lately :) ) but i wanted to ask, someone above mentioned FF X didn't came on PC and I'm asking, what about FF IX? It didnt come out also as i know. So did it? And will it?

2. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

No, FF IX never came out for PC, and probably never will. I heard that FF IX was too much like FF VIII, which sucked so I didn't want to waste time or money thinking about it.

I've played FF X on PS2, and it rocks! That's why I'm upset.

3. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Ultima 8 and 9. I loved the series up to that point. Ultima 7 was awesome, so they took everything that was good about it and threw it out for Ultima 8. Ultima 9 (fully patched) was slightly better than 8, but it was still a complete waste of time and money.

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

POR was very disappointing.

I also was disallusioned by PONG ;)

5. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

PONG! My grandpappy told me about that! :hahaerr:

6. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Might and Magic 8. Crappy graphics, boring story, nothing new after MM7 - it's a real weak game.

7. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I was so ashamed to have bought the Mech4 cdrom, that I microwaved it.

Other than that, I still have all my other cdroms on a spindle somewhere. There was a time when Riven almost got nuked, but like the One Ring, something held me back.

Must've been the pretty pictures...

8. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Final fantasy 9 - good but no where near the quality of FF6 (which is FF3 in English) FF7 and FF8 (8's the best in my opinion)
    Half-life: Blue shift - PANTS!!!
    sudden strike - *snore*
    and the awful *shudder* codename outbreak...

9. Lithorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Here's mine. (In no particuler order)

1.Lords of the realm two. I expected this to be a very nice game with good graphics and combat after seeing lords of magic. It was awful! Bad graphics, poor combat, ect.:nolike:

2.Kings quest eight. It graphics were awful, it was extremely slow, and storyline was pathetic. Nothing like the other kings quest games.:flaming:

10. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    the most disappointing game? hmm... has to be Icewind Dale. Diablo with D&D rules, and less excitement. Go through dungeon, go back to town, have 1 line of dialogue, go through next dungeon, go back to town, get 2 lines of dialogue, etc. Gets really old, really quickly.

oh, and as for Lords of the Realm II-it came out a number of years BEFORE lords of Magic-which would explain your problems. of course, I thought the combat in LORTII was better than that in LOM...but maybe that's just me

11. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"Diablo with D&D rules"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

12. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Diablo, I am truly sorry I did ever buy that game.

13. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Yeah, Diablo was pretty bad I thought, but I bought it just last year and its already so dated so maybe thats unfair.

Its not a PC game, but I was dissapointed in Wreckless: Yakuza Missions. Fun for the first few missions, but it just doesn't have any momentum. Cool graphics but unsupported by any worthwhile story or depth, even for a game like this.

14. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I dont really have one, but a game that I was very happy about in the beginning and then I realized that it sucked was BoW.
    I thought it was fun at the start, but Man how boring!
    *sigh*
    I dont think I have any other games that I am very disappointed with!
    :D

15. Findol The Swift Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Worst game I have is Majesty. It's a game like AOE, only no people working for you, and you can't control anyone. It was fun to start out with, but then it just gets annoying because you can't control the stupid people sleeping when the town is being attacked by dragons. :flaming:

16. DemoGorgon Guest

Sprite, I have to disagree. I think Black and Whites controls were very simple once you got used to them. I think that was a great game. I agree with whoever said FF7 had a good story though :)

17. nior Gems: 24/31

"myst" (the first one). but that's probably because i got stuck and don't know what to do, tried everything, even read half of the books in the library.

pool of radiance, ruins of myth drannor is also a major disappointment.

18. Trias Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Pool of Radiance 2...ughh!:nolike:

19. Let's see. Pool of Radiance seems like a biggie, but it was a MAJOR load of crap. I mean...it just IS. There's Dungeon Siege, which is basically a more advanced version of Diablo II. I hate those games. They all seemed to be quite good. Arcanum actually is one hell of a RPG, but the other features is a bit dissappointing.

20. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Pool of Radiance Did really really suck! But enough about that one.

I really heted ballcrazy on my old comodore 64! That game was so annoying, and my brother really liked it... Reason enough to hate it!

Keen 5 is the only keen game I didn't like...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.