1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Diablo 2 classes

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by Melkhior, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

@Harkle it really seems that you are playing a spear amzone ;) .But I'm asking why you put one point in magic arrow ?It would be better if you put one point into the first freezing arrow,because it hits everytime and does extra damage.Later you should having a bow,even with a spearamazone,because there are a lot of monsters later who are immune against physic damage.So having a bow with a very strong elemental damage is a must for a spearamazone.I heard that there is a bug in version 1.09,with that the first fire arrow is very interesting,because it adds your full non-elemental damage to a physical immune monster.
    And I wouldn't increse jab more than fence.It was better than fence in the earlier versions of the game,but now fend is definitly better!Imo if a amazone casts lightning fury on a monster,it dies because it laughs itself to dead,because of the terrible high damage of lightning fury ;) .

@Foradasthar:If your playing a sorc with a team it's really good if you put all your points in your lightning tribe.But if your playing solo,forget it,too much lightning immune monsters.I personally like a tweaker sorc,she has nova,lighning-mastery and thunderstorm(this one passive attack,don't know how it's exactly called) maxed and static on 10.She really is a killer machine in multiplayer(but she needs very much mana because of nova).
    I played D2 in my holidays with two friends,and it made real fun,more than in the internet,because you know the people playing with you and you can speak to them and that makes real fun.If you play the game solo,it's the most boring game I know.

2. Ex-Paladine Banned

[​IMG] Javazon Javazon.. I love them made one a month ago in hardcore she is lvl 63 so has Amazon unique.

Lvl 20 warmth is not normal I agree. I want to mean lvl 20 warmth with items like oculus SoRJ or tal rasha items. So I don't make it problem just Fire Wall and Fire Mastery MUST 20 you chose other skill(s)

So anything can't kill my javazon I think becouse got 1300 hp and got good skills.

:p

why don't you say things about Assasin? :p

It's a good char.

*Wawes to Natalya his Assasin*

I can't write all skills to lvl 99 pyro they are both lvl 96.

3. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

I think I can beat you with my Lvl.86 Paladin.He's got 2700 life :D .
    Can you give me some explanations on you javazone?As I said before,I don't know anything about this type of an amazone;is it hard to play,and why should she be the best in the cowlevel ?

[ May 02, 2003, 18:23: Message edited by: Sephirot ]

4. Pyro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ah, the Javazon :) The reason this kind of amazon owns the cow-level is because she can kill hundreds of cows in seconds. The skill you use is "Lightning Fury", and you definatly want it at level 20. It works like this, when you fire on at a pack of cows it does some damage to the cow it hits, but then it also fires 20 lightning bolts at the surounding cows dealing like 400 damage to each. Now, this doesn't sound to impressive and it isn't, but guess what happens when you have 20 points "pierce" aswell :) That's right, when the javelin you throw pierces an oponent it shoots 20 new lightning bolts for EVERY cow it hits! Since it usually hits 2-4 cows, that's 40-80 lightning bolts with 400 damage each for ONE thrown javelin! :cool: And it's not like you will cast only one is it? You can deal thousands of damage per second to the cows if you gather them, and you only need 40 skill points to be the best character in the cow level.

For bosses you should put 20 into Guided arrow though, but you don't want to kill the cow level bosses anyway.

5. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

Impressive ;)
    How do you deal with the mana?I think lightning fury will need a lot of mana.Does mana leech function?Because mana leech only funcions with you physikal damage,so you lightning damage won't be added.
    But anyway,you made me interested,I think I give her a try :)

6. Ex-Paladine Banned

You can kill me agree but I don't count PvP Sephirot It's easy to kill me with a Paladin or a Barbarian

7. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

@Pyro
    You don't need 20 points in pierce. 5-10 should be more than enough. After about slvl 10 the differential between levels far to low to make it worth additional points. With +skills it will be plenty high. Also there is an exceptional unique belt called Razortail that will give you a bonus 33% to pierce.

@Sephirot
    Mana is not a problem. The javalin still does physical damage, with electrical on top of it. Not to mention every pierce is a separate hit. So for 5 hits yeilds 5x mana leeched.

@Paladine
    Firewall is overrated. Meteor is a lot more fun and can kill just as well. :)

8. Ex-Paladine Banned

@Alex

Fire Wall mustn't be alone. You must have a good cold skill like frozen orb,blizzard. And you must have Fire Mastery.

@Sephirot

Mana isn't a problem with s SoRJ and a Frostburn
    So it's not a problem. And I don't use lightning Fury much so when I use I use my special Spear with Perfect Skull. So life and mana steal is easy for me.

@Pyro

I don't use javelin with lightning fury. I don't know why. I got Unique Amazon items Javelin and Spear.

And I give 1 to jab I don'T like it and I don't use it.

Critical Strike =14 + 6 (SoRJ+Wa. Wing+ Unique Amzon bow and an amulet) =20
    good I always give double damage. YAY

Lightning Fury =10 + 6 =16

oh right

9. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

I completly agree with Paladine,that if you use fire wall you need fire mastery.But about the ice spells...
    I really hate them,they're such a crap.They can freeze enimies,whoooa,as if a mage needs that.A mage kills enimies so fast that she don't need to freeze them,and if a monster gets close to her,she just teleports away :D
    Or I will give you another szenario:
    You have a fire wand with 5000 damage and,let's say blizzard on Lvl.20(I think it does something about 600 damage).Now you meet a fire immune enimie in hell,what will you do?I think your only chance is it to attack him with your ultimat Blizzard ;) ,you will have to cast something about 20 blizzards until he's dead.
    Then you go further and what do you see?
    Yeah,right a whole group of fire immune monsters,so much fun :D
    So I think you got my point,the lightning tribe is much better than the cold one.

10. Ex-Paladine Banned

Ohh no Sephirot. Frozen Orb will slow enemy, after you will cast fire wall it's a good tactic. Isn't it. I use it and it hurts enemies. :grin: :grin:

Waw lightning spells are better then cold spells I know. But they won't freeze the enemies, right Sephirot. Oh you should have thunderstorm,energyshield or teleport agree. But I use cold spell much

11. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

Maybe it is.But imo a better tactic is,to cast at first some times static,than fire wand,when the monsters go through the fire wand you're teleporting near them and are casting a few times nova and vola,all enimies are dead :D (of course I have all al the time static on Lvl.15 and thunderstorm,one thunderbolt does something about 1500 damage,and it's passive.Hahhh,I love this spell :D )

12. Ex-Paladine Banned

:lol: You win Sephirot I don't cast nova why do you use it?? It'S a good spell but some spells are better like meteor. :lol:

13. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

1.Meteor needs it's time to fall from the sky.Nova not
    2.You need to upgrade a few useless things to get meteor.Fire bolt(the ultimate destruction spell :D )and fire ball.While nova is on your way to some very usefull spells(e.g. thunderstorm)
    3.Meteor has a cast delay,nova not.So you can do more damage with nova than with meteor.
    4.Meteor has only a small range,while nova has a three time bigger range,so it's better,if there are many monsters

14. Ex-Paladine Banned

Sephirot I use Fire Ball too it's a good skill but low damage is it good for you..

15. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

May I ask what difficulty you are playing,and on what Lvl. do you have fireball ?

16. Ex-Paladine Banned

I play on nm with my second sorc and have lvl 15 fire ball with items.

17. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

Well,if fireball is one of your best skills,you won't manage nm,or at least it will become very,very frustrating!And if you go to the difficulty hell,there's something nice for you.Even in the fist act of hell are very much fire immune monsters,for example this small Rakanichu things,so have a nice time ;)

18. Ex-Paladine Banned

I changed the chanel: Druidic Grove

Which is best werewolf skill:

fury?
    fire claws?
    hunger?

Small rakanishu can kill with frozen orb easily :)

19. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

That was just an example what awaits you :D
    About druids,let's see...
    I would say fury,it's better than the others.

20. Ex-Paladine Banned

Got lvl 20 Fury

You answered... Correct.

And which is better

Werewolf
    Werebear

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.