1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Diablo 4ever

Discussion in 'Diablo 1 & 2' started by hooligan_inc, Dec 29, 2000.

1. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] The first PC game I ever played deserves respect. I was hooked for about 6 months. Got really far an' all. Lvl 32 warrior called Mr. Big.
    After that I found out about all the stale AD&D stuff and the rest is history. (Or by judging by the state of some of the 2nd hand games I bought, geology)

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Diablo was fun...for a while...

3. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Diablo did have some cool elements but lacks the complexity and depth of a real RPG, i.e. BG2

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I couldn't even get started in Diablo after playing BG. Too much friggin hack in slash, less if any stategy that I saw. Just didn't have what I wanted. Haven't even tried Diablo 2, and probably won't any time soon(too much Bioware on the market for CRPG choices).

5. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

as i have stated before:

DIABLO 1 and 2 ROCK!!

i once had a lvl. 47 non-hacked warrior, that never took any dammage while fighting diablo! (he had max fire resist) oh and HELLFIRE ROCKS!!

6. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I liked Diablo 1. But D2... Just the graphics made me sick. Each time i tried to play, I had to run to the bathroom to throw up. Even drunk and stone, this game look like shit. And I dont want to ruins my mouse by clicking and clicking. When you play that game, you have to use earphone or have a 900 watts speaker because all the click click click click mask the sound.

7. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

what the hell are you talking about? the sound is loud and eerie, and if you can't here it it's because you have bad speakers, it's not because the game has bad sound, and if you're mouse is loud, once again not the game's fault, the graphics although not wonderful are still good.

8. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

It does get a bit tedious that you never do anything but fight...but that's not the problem. The probem is you never ever get out of that frickin church. 16 levels of dungeon! You should think the programmers had a bit more fantasy. Just look at Nox.

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Diablo II is more impressive...but i prefer learning spells by the books and not by skill points.

10. Mightymite89 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I tried playing Diablo 2 but just got sick of the graphics and hack/slash of the game. It just gets so boring and tedious. The only reason I bought it was because PCGamer recommended it. It said that "it is your duty to own this as a gamer". BS. I got to about ACT II and just quit. Horrible graphics, hack/slash and THE MOST ANNOYING part was the save mode. CHRIST. You have to refight everyone again when you save the game. PIECE OF S***
    (sorry for swearing, still haven't gotten over the waste of my money and Hard disk spce because of this game.)

11. Hellfire20098 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

well ya diablo 2 does get alittle old after a while and the hack/slash is the point of the game!!!

12. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

[​IMG] AHHHHHH!1 am i reading this right?! DIABLO 2 tedious?! what the fuck are you talking about!!! AHHHHH!! :mad:

13. Hellfire20098 Gems: 2/31

o.k lets get this done right now!!!
    yes diablo is power gaming and is no RPG, but it is fun and a lot of ppl can get in to role-playing from this. a good friend of my, would never have came near a game that had the words :role-playing game" in till he played diadlo! now he is in to AD&D and plays it with me just about every week end.diablo is no rpg but it is a stepping stone for ppl who like fantsay and all it has to offer. i just think that all the ppl that diss diablo cause it is not role-playing just sould just think about what i said and think about all those games you play... none of them are evin close to role-playing but you think and say they are.. nothing is close to AD%D on tabletop, well maybe neverwinter nights, but thats just what i have to say about all those diablo disser and downlookers of so fun that ppl have.
    peace!!!!!!

Hellfire20098

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Diablo II is a great game! But its even better over battle net!

15. Hellfire20098 Gems: 2/31

ya i think so to!

Hellfire20098

16. Mr. Do'Urden Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Okay heres what I say: Anyone whos anyone does NOT, I repeat NOT bash on a game for graphics! If you do then you have issues. DiabloI & 2 are(notice there is no past tense) the BEST action-like rpg EVER created. The game may not be true RPG, but it is in the top ten best games EVER created.(I still think Baldurs Gate is the best RPG, but Diablo is the best action-like RPG EVER)
    (oh and by the way, NoX is a copy of Diablo, just like every RPG after the release of Diablo was.)

17. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Battle net Diablo/D2 is the BEST! :)

18. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Still believe this game suck. And yes, we have an issue here when we bash the game for the graphics.

:eek:
    :eek:

19. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

D2 was a lousy game. It was fun the first time through, watching the cut scenes and hearing the quests. But the second time, all th quests and dialogue were the same, as were the cut scenes.

Since you can not speak youself to the NPCs there was nothing more you could really do once you beat it the first time.

D2 had about 6 quests per act, 4 acts, thats 24 quests total. BG2 had how many quests? And how many characters could you play? Good vs Evil was pretty much non existance in D2.

D2 amounts to basicly this: Get a big sword/axe/spell/hammer and stick it 'n a bigger demon.

Bnet and D2 do not rock. Its full of hackers, PKers, and other cheaters. Bnet is hacked every weekend, people simly kill other players who are meant to be allies.

I am not against PKing, but it should be within character. D2 allows for zero character development and so nothing is in character.

The impact that Diablo 1 made was far greater than that of D2. D1 almost singlehandedly revitalized the CRPG market, paving the way for BG. We all owe D1 and Blizzard a debt for that. They did this by distilling the RPG down to its base elements, simple hack and slash. Now with games like BG2 and Torment, that does not cut it anymore. If Blizzard wants to market another RPG to compete more evenly, they will have to give it a better story/character developement/etc

And Yes D2's graphics are lousy, but then CRPGs in general are not known for their graphics

20. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

And IWD was a better action RPG than D2.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.