1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Games that make you wanna pull your hair out and run around screaming obscenities

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Azirath, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Pretty sad, Igneous... one of my friends lost his scholarship due to Diablo 2... and he had a full ride to the University of Tulsa (prestigious engineering university, $20,000 a year)! Oh the pain.

2. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Oh please, I feel sorry for you guys, but you had a choice in playing, it is not the game's or the company's fault.

3. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Sheesh, Azirath, if you'd paid attention to my earlier posts, you'd see that I don't blame Blizzard, as I enjoyed playing Diablo 2 myself.

4. Azirath Gems: 6/31

Sorry Capstone, it was not aimed at you.

5. Igneous Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] It's Blizzards fault to make such a great game, with an absurd addiction ration... And add to that that game is a 'little' bit more interesting than Ancient Latin, Greek and Math, and me being of the weakling sort :shame:

Let just say the willpower to learn was not there that year....

6. Lithorn Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Any hack and slash game. I hate it when 90% of the game is the same boring: Hack, hack, hack, slash, hack.:mad: (Yet diablo and diablo II are okay for the first while.)

[This message has been edited by Lithorn (edited April 03, 2002).]

7. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My gaming choices are very limited, therefore I am not exposed to the "crap games" so to speak. So let me just give the genre(s) of game that I refuse to play or buy for the computer.

First is the First Person Shooter. These games blow, 'nuff said. The first Doom was not bad in like 94 or so, but then like 10,000 of them came out in the next 2 months and they just suck. They should probably just go ahead and put all the designers in the chair and pull the lever.

Then comes the fighter games. Hate these too. Probably more deep seated hatred because I spent many quaters on Street Fighter in the arcade. Same as above, but better give a second pull just to make sure the job is done.

The one true game that I played that was total crap was the Lord of the Rings game for the SNES. This game really sucked. the game play was clumsy to say the least and it just blew. If this wasn't bad enough, I got a Fellowship of the Ring and Two Towers game from Avalon Hill maybe, I cannot recall who made this POS. These two games were just as bad as the one for the SNES. The damn things crashed and were just horrible. I finally gave them the big pitch into the chipper.

[This message has been edited by christopher_c_pitzer (edited April 03, 2002).]

8. DemoGorgon Guest

Um... ArtE, Final Fantasy XII? im not sure on my roman numerals, but i dont think ff12 has come out yet. If you mean 7, i strongly disagree. As for mine, probly that dumb battle-bot like game for pc.

9. Eze&Sharkie Guest

CIV2 and The Sims

10. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think he was just taking the p*ss with the FF 12 bit mate.
    Mine has to be all realistic driving games, and flight sims.
    Oh and diablo 2, well it was good for a while especially with a save game editor. But one day my freind gave me a copy of fallout 1, i had never played it before, yeah i heard of it of course but never played it. So i play it and it's like, oh my god the gameplay, hang on, why does this ten year old game have the same graphics as the new Diablo 2 :confused:
    Oh and football manager ones, you just watch the game being played, how boring.

11. Creslyn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, I must admit I quite enjoyed Diablo 1, sure it was just hack'n'slash but it was still pretty good. 2 however...grrrrrr! Don't ask me why I hate it, I don't know. I just do. But for my most hated game, the first edition of Lords of Magic. You know why? Because I actually really enjoyed the game...and it would crash every damn time you succeed at doing something difficult! ARGH! Thank god the special edition fixed most of the bugs :D

12. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

i don't really hate doom and it's kind. only played it once but i'll never play it again. why? i literally threw up (vomit) after playing it for 20 minutes.

an old game called asteroids, boooring game.

13. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a lot of them. First Westwood games...complete and utter cr*p, can't understand why ANYONE likes it...my friend LOVES it and forced me to install RA2. They are all so similar! I can't see any difference between Tiberan Sun, Red Alert, Red Alert 2, and others! (I have played them all and deleted them all).

Diablo and Diablo 2? Bah. All you do is hack 'n slash. Diablo 2 was slighty better, but still.

14. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I HATE DIABLO 2!!!

Since october when I got the game (Around the time I disapeared from these boards. :aaa:) Hack, hack, hack some more, then hack, then make your mf character, get good items, trade them all for better items, lose them when blizzard scans your acct for dupes, get more nice items, get trade hacked, finally get a godly item to drop just to have some n00b who is power leveling steal it before you can get to it, then repeat ad infitum, ad nauseam.

Goddamn I hate that game... yet I cannot stop!

...and I still havn't found a Windforce. :)

Anyway I think a vigorous regime including the full Baldur's Gate series, Torment, IWD, and FF (7 and 9) should keep me away until NWN comes out... :)

15. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Surprised no-one has mentioned it before, Operation Flashpoint. It was dubbed a war sim and that is exactly what it is. This means that you can end up totally lost and then get shot in the back by a patrol that was right in front of you but you couldn't see them. But you get one save a level which makes it one of the most dificult games i have played. But i still think it's a great game even though i always die :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.