1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Games that make you wanna pull your hair out and run around screaming obscenities

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Azirath, Sep 24, 2001.

1. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Basically I wanna hear what games make you wanna do the above, games you hate so much you just wanna scream and pitch them at a car on the highway. Mine, anything that involves the world aliens and pinball in one sentence.

2. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

thief2, just because of those stupid robots!!
    It's a really nice game but those robots.. aargh !!

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Races. Of any kind.
    And sports. And sport managers.
    And I mustn't forget flight simulators.

4. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Tomb Raider! (and ALL that looks like it, including Max Payne)
    Obscene number of NFS's who are all similar
    Sport simulators, EAS just has to die in my opinion.
    SIMS! Simulator of life. What's next - ProWalking 2003 by EAS - "I feels like you're actually walking!"

5. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Most people are going to disagree with me here, but Final Fantasy XII.

I hated that game so much... I can't even describe... I kept giving it a chance to get better, and it just got worse and worse and worse...

Finally just giving the disk back to the guy I borrowed it from, and deleting the saved games, satiated my desire to find and murder every designer, artist, and project manager that worked on that infernal piece of shit.

6. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Diablo. Here I expected an RPG and then it turns out to be a hack-fest. Nothing like hacking your way through a 15-level church were all the monsters look the same, and only the color and name changes.

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Westwood games, all the latest ones they made sucked so bad!!! except from Dune, which was ok, but almost all hte others, GOD!

8. sorvo Guest

BG and BGII these games are ruining my life!:evil:

9. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I can think of quite afew games that I didn't like but generally they bored rather thna make me start screaming (the original Unreal is a classic example). As for actually getting mad though well anything online when the dreaded lag monster strikes. A few that have also been very difficult though they were good otherwise so I won't name any accept Driver. What a pain in the arse that was. Having to complete several really difficult mission in a row before being allowed to save again - stupid and very frustrating. arrrrrg I've just failed right at the end of the fourth mission so I have to go right back and replay the previous three - it is the only game I have given up on rather than stopped through boredom alone.

10. The Wheel of Times!!!!!!! It's so f*cking stupid!!!!!!!!! I wanna punch my moniter whenever the game shows up!!!!!!

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ultima IX Bugscension. The game I actually pre-ordered a collector's edition of from USA. It cost me as much as three normal games and it was such BUG-RIDDEN CRAP that it took less than 20 minutes before it crashed to desktop for the first time. And then about 10 more times, another time a bug prevented you to save the game, then to pull out your weapon, then you got stuck in the textures... You get the idea. Die, die, DIE!!!!
    I never even got past the starting stages of the game because of all the bugs. The patches corrected nothing. :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

12. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

fallout tactics - promised so much, delivered so little and managed to keep all the bugs that plagued the fallout series

13. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Platform games. yeeeeekes Away from me!

14. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Robotron!! Stupidest game i ever played :flaming: and sinstar is another one.

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited September 25, 2001).]

15. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine!!! It was supposed to be an adventure game not an impossible you gotta turn the graphics down ultra-low but you'll still never make it jump fest!!! :mad: The icy ledge to the watchtower lvl 3 anyone? :mad: The crossbeams in the monastery level 4 anyone? :mad: The Cargo Boxes on the ship level I can't and don't care to remember anyone? :mad: And that's just to name a few Rargghghghgh! Ok I'm better now. Good grief.

16. Llandon Gems: 13/31

Veteran

Hey Kit.....

You been playing those on iwon or what! I had forgotten all about them, and then I saw them on iwon the other day....I played them...you're right, they still suck!

17. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

here comes the worst:

chess when you're playing against a very good ai. GNUchess anyone ? Raaaarghh!!!

/me transforms into a greater werewolf, jumps out the window in a single leap to run around like crazy and strike terror

18. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Heh. The scalable AI chess games always frustrated me. Halfway into the game I'd be kicking tail. Endgame I'd be thinking hard, but everything would still be going to plan. Then all of a sudden, with mate approaching, the AI would scale up really far and all of a sudden Deep Blue starts pulling moves out of his *ahem* arse. And I watch in horror as my game falls apart and he checkmates me in 7. :mad:

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] :mad: Panzer General 3D - Operation Barbarossa :flaming: It crashed regularly in a game when *any* of my elite shocktroops (they were just ready to finally defeat the red army ...) went to *one* certain spot - since this named spot was unfortunately the *last* city I had to conquer I *never* finished the game after about 16 epic and successfull battles :mad: :mad: :flaming:

Firebomb Mattel & SSI !!!

The predesessor was more reliable but the AI was idiotic: Instead of attacking the most dangerous of my units the opponents just destroyed my weakest one - unforgivably stupid, no wonder the puter always lost.

Uh, yes ... we shouldn't talk about chessbots <shudder> they can be *so* stupid :mommy:

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited September 25, 2001).]

20. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] broken sword series ruled! max payne rules! neverwinter nights will rule!

arcanum rules for a week!

i hate all race/sim games except gran turismo(it rules!)
    i hate that japanese diablo game....all crapgames......i hate serious sam, hate quake, unreal tourney rules, counterstrike can rule(only crackversions of game in my possesion) half-life single player sucks, multiplayer rules.

PS: Darien rules ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.