1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Is The Most Amazing Thing you Ever Accomplished In a Computergame?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Nobleman, Sep 25, 2001.

1. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

yea we still play it sometimes at school, but most of the poeple at school really don't have a clue what they're doing so they tend to not want to play against me.

2. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    I have beaten Star Trek Elite Force I + exp. and Elite Force II in one saterday. I was really happy that evening!

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Compleated Half-Life: Blue Shift in 2 hours.

4. Dethwynd Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Finished a True Calculator SCC in Final Fantasy Tactics.

(SCC = Straight Character Challenge for the uninitiated)
    SCC= using one class for all characters without using any out of class skills/abilities

5. Cirrus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I beat the game Star Tropics for the original NES in 6 days. I also went to school on 5 of those days.

My dad beat the game of Myst in 6 hours his first time through. He bought the second Myst (Riven?) the day it hit the store shelves and hasn't even made it halfway. :)

This being on the SP site everyone (or nearly everyone) knows who Yxonemei(sp?) is in the original IWD right? Well, I was playing the game in HOF mode with a Mage/Thief and a Cleric/Ranger. I had my Cleric/Ranger draw all the melee fighters to her at the door and distract them... I then had the Mage/Thief cast that teleport spell targeted directly behind Yxonemei. He cast Sunfire twice, killing her and all the casters. He then proceeded to cast spells at the backs of the melee fighters attacking my Cleric/Ranger....

It may not seem like a big deal but I've always thought that was one of the hardest battles in the game and was truly amazed how easy it was that time. Not to mention it was awesome to see the her fry like that.

6. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    While trying to beat Motaro in Mortal Kombat 3, the game eventually let me play some Space Invaders. If I recall correctly, that's an easter egg you get after fighting 250 matches in a row. So I must've been trying to beat Motaro for the better part of 200 matches without success.

I found a strategy with which I could defeat Motaro fairly consistently not long after that, though.

Wait, this was about bragging? Well... I suppose defeating Shao Kahn was a breeze after Motaro.

7. Giles Barskins Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'd say the most amazing thing that I've accomplished in a computer game is playing more than 30 minutes of Ruins of Myth Drannor without slitting my wrists or going crazy.

8. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Contra 1 and 2, started with 3 lives, never died. NEVER DIED EVEN ONCE!!!!

you have no idea. When i was telling this to my school mates, no one believed me, no one!

wait, computer game, i see.....
    i played 9Dragons for 7 hours straight.

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I beat the original Final Fantasy for Nintendo in 3 days, without skipping anything.

10. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I didn't actually do it but a very close friend of mine did. Him and his team(Pandemic) attended the XFX: Lan For Counter-Strike: Source and made it to the championship of it. The match went down to the last round...whoever won this round won $10k and his whole team got killed and he ended getting the 1v4 clutch to win it.

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    :jawdrop:

I didn't finish it for 2 years. I had to draw a freaking MAP for part of it. A MAP. Trial and error did not help when it came to the underground.

12. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Beat Last Ninja 1, on c64

13. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Call of Duty: United Offensive, Base Attack multiplayer mode. Last bunker left, two minutes left of gameplay and it takes a minute for the bomb to blow and fifteen seconds to activate it, and friendly fire is on. I pick up a flamethrower, rush down their bunker after throwing down a smoke grenade, defended by four Americans, never releasing the trigger. I didn't kill a single one of them, they did it themself with their Thompsons and BARs in panic. I arm the bomb, throw down another smoke grenade, panic all five who enters who proceed to die from the fire and their own gunfire, airstrike the location, and arm a satchel. Instant win.

Also, another CoD: UO.Operation Barbarossa map by After-Hourz.com or something like that, enhanced with realistic mod and more realistic vechiles and Friendly Fire turned on.

I went there when the server was still around as Rutkowski the Duck. As I like having vechiles in the game, but I do not like to go in any of them except the troop transports and the jeeps, I went to a burned-out village(one of four, the map is huge) on the map, German side. I see a troop transport coming, two Panzers with a gunner to support, and a full Half-Track(driver, driver's aid, gunner, four troopers in the back) with the Panzers in front and behind it.

I throw the primed Smoke Grenade take out the Satchel and blow the last Panzer in the convoy, two dead.(I also had a Mosin Nagant with a total of ten bullets, a smoke grenade, a Panzerfaust 60, and a TT-33 with only two bullets after a previous firefight that also left me with only 2/3rds of my life to go and no Grenades, not much against a total of thirteen guys.) The other tank and it's gunner turn towards me, but not with the entire tank, leaving the rear open and I take the shot with the Panzerfaust and two more are gone. Now, the gunner of the Half-Track realize that he and his car are trapped, and shoot towards me. Luckily, another German had snuck up to me but the gunner mistook him for me and shot his teammate. Total of five guys gone. I use my Mosin Nagant and take out the gunner, and then manage to take out the driver too, so they cannot flee when the Panzer wreckages have despawned. Seven guys gone. The rest of the Half-Track unload and open fire at me. After a few seconds, five of the guys are dead and my Mosin Nagant is empty. The last two rush towards me with a MP-44 and a MP-40 and fire to keep my head down. I knew that if they came close, I was finished, so I stood up and aimed down the sight with my pistol. When my clip was out, so were the enemy. Two headshots.

Also, the mode was Base Assault and we only had Bunker 3 left, undefended. If they had taken the bunker, they would've won and the game would've been over.

After this, I gained quite the reputation on the server and was voted Player of the Month and Soviet Player of the Year, but most of that reputation dissapeared when the server went down, but I still meet people who told me they had either seen my FRAPS or heard of the event.

Probably my proudest multiplayer moment, close to a PvP in WoW with me against three hordies, all around my own level, where I came out living but they didn't.

14. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Hmm...solo'd Baldurs Gate 2 with all the difficulty enhancing mods I could get my hands on, INSANE difficulty with a Solo Conjurer...which I dual-classed to Cleric at lvl 34 ... then played successfully with AND completed the Ascension final battle to win the game.

Also...won basically every single tournament I've participated in for Tekken 5 in India...won a fair bit of money too! :)

Hmm...what else? I was playing Counterstrike (Condition Zero) in a clan match a long time ago...after a long losing streak, our team was broke and I was the only surviving member and all I had was the standard Glock pistol you spawn with. I took out 4 M4A1 toting CTs (map was de_dust2_cz) and won the round...

15. VeryLich Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I managed to kill the final boss (Dahaka) of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within on hard difficulty.

16. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

@Very Lich: Ha ha...me too! :) That was so long ago...and come on, there's harder things than that!

17. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Once when I was playing the Necromancer in Heroes of Might and Magic V, I managed to kill 116 archangels using a few hundred skeleton archers and ghosts (roughly 500 archers and 3 stacks of 70 ghosts). Mark of the Necromancer and Raise Dead helped a lot but we're talking about 116 archangels...It took me half an hour to finish the fight. :angel:

18. VeryLich Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Faraaz: It was extremely hard for me ;) . You are right I guess, there are harder things than that. Even for me! Then, something what I was very proud of was finishing the Dragon Slayer and Armageddon's Blade campaigns of HoMM3.

Also,
    getting far in Nethack is always more amazing than the last time. Can't ever finish it. Explorer mode (although it isn't cheating really) is NOT an option to see the end! :p

19. diagnull Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I was pretty amazed when my Avatar lost her virginity to a gypsy woman in Ultima 6. Even though it doesn't show anything, I was in shock for about 10 minutes...didn't expect *that* in the goody-two shoes Ultima series.

20. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Finished IWD: HoF in one session (not sure, but maybe had a toilet break or two, hehe).

Finished Civilisation 2 in one session probably several times (not to mention Dragoons in the first years AD, marines in early middle ages).

Whole-world conquests in Europa Universalis and derived games.

All those 16 INT paladins of mine.

Defeating multiple opponents at the same time in multiplayer, even while drunk, during my best years.

Finished Red Alert 2 within prescribed times per each mission.

Finished Prince of Persia I level 1 without actually going for the sword. :p

Circumventing Dune 2 unit limits to acquire 2-2.5 times the number allowed (via Starport). :p

Some other things.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.