1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Is The Most Amazing Thing you Ever Accomplished In a Computergame?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Nobleman, Sep 25, 2001.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

2. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

:lol: i was going to make a sarcastic comment based on your sarcastic comment sniper, but then i remembered that one of my housemates (crazy chef) has only completed 10% of his games.

on topic: completing street fighter II turbo on the snes on the hardest setting with the 'extra-turbo' cheat enabled (8 or 10 stars i think). the game really got to cheat like mad at that level! :grr:

3. total Guest

I won the game of Hearts with 0 points. :D

Mollusken:
    I played TTD also on 486/66. I came to year 2050, is that the end? (I played a while after that and it was almost static)

And not to forget that i conquered almost 3/4 of the huge galaxy in Master of Orion 2, but the game was not made for that and i got negative values on resarch points and similar, btw, that game never crashed to me, except when i played it on 2 am and my Win98 noticed me that it has changed time to save daylight and then, for the first time in my life, it crashed! REALLY!

4. Eze&Sharkie Guest

I played M&M8 until the teleportation thingy in Escatons Crystal.Then i checked a walkthrough.Then i finished it.Took me 4 years of game time.That was the only game i have ever finished aside with Civ2.But Civ2 is just too damn easy.

5. Egglord Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Currently attempting to complete Deus Ex, only killing 1 person (WS).

Managed to (somehow) acheive an economic victory in Alpha Centauri on 2nd hardest difficulty.

6. Will Gems: 13/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Hehehe; recently my skinny little techie/geek character in Fallout 2 became a boxing champion when the Masticator knocked himself out in the first round with a critical miss.

7. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

heh.
    Well I have some thingys I have done.
    Bad thing first:
    Some years ago I played LBA2 (Little Big Adventure2). When I came to the third planet, underground lotta stuff with lava and such, I was flying with my superjet protopack. It was so beautiful, me flying around some inches over the lavasea, only the sound of my jetpack and and some lavadragons in the air. After a while I got tired of the view and decided to go back to land. (Actually I got tired pushing the forward button down, man, my finger...!) So anyway, I landed on a cliff. I put my jetpack in my pocket (lol) and took some steps forward. Uh, when he didn't move I saw that I've landed on a very stupid place. I couldn't make it to the path, neither could I take my jetpack and fly away again. Stupid bug, I thought and tried to jump off the cliff to the path. Hell no, that wouldn't work I only glide closer to the lava. So, here I was, standing on the edge of a cliff about one mm to the lava, nowhere to go. Of course I saved, in a new name, thought that I would come off that cliff. But no...I didn't. I don't know how long I sat there and tried. Finally, after trying to blow the cliff off with my lasergun, I came up with the stupid idea to jump out in the lava and in the jump, change to jetpack mode and fly glide away. I can see how you guys sit there and laugh you asses off. Grmbl, I tried and I failed. Many times. Then I thought of a superduper smart idea!
    Whoohoo.
    I was going to use the autosave!
    (HEY! Remember that I was about 9 years old!)
    So, when I was going to use the autosave...
    Man, CHOCK!
    The stupid puter had autosaved right when I jumped into the lavasea!
    :mad:
    Of course I thought that I should use the normal saves but when I was about to load em.
    BAM!
    ALL of them were saved at the same time!
    I had saves from other planest and other places, but they were GONE!
    I went really mad.
    I restarted my puter by pushing the nice little button on the front and went up to my room. You don't wanna know what happenend there!
    I can say that I have a mark in the wall after that I threw a thing...
    Let's not dicuss what.
    When I came down I uninstalled LBA2 and I didn't play it until half a year ago when I finished it!
    :BRAG:

Now to another brag.
    As you might know I am quite proud over my dad when he finished Diablo2 with Exp. for the fifth time. :D He has played all chars except Amazon and Necro. When he finished the game with all those chars, he fifnished it in all difficultlevels, Normal, Nightmare and Hell.
    :BRAG:

Then I can also brag about that I have finished the old game Chips. You know that old game you got with Win95, I think, when you are a little boy running through over hundreds of levels searching for puterchips. Lots of enemies, buttons and key to push around.
    /Me can still feel her fingers jerk when looking at the game
    Man, my fingers learned a lesson. You cant believe what that games does to your mind.
    Well, that was three of the millions of brag I can tell.
    ;)

EDIT: Uh..what was it..yeah I have finished Myst:Exile! it was something more, I know it was...Yeah! Now I know!
    I beat my 17 year old cousin, who study computerprogramming and such and is the worlds smartest nerd, in Quake!
    I beat him over and over and over!
    lol, it was very funny. And he thinks that he rules, pwff! ;) :p

[This message has been edited by Eilonwy (edited April 07, 2002).]

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I went back, and played through Fallout1 *without* cheating. I couldn't believe I was actually doing it.

The last time I played a game without cheating was on the Nes/Gameboy. Dragon Warrior 1-4 and FF adventure 1&3; I didn't have a Gameshark.

9. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Fallout1 isn't that hard.

I think I ripped through 5 civilians with the minigun.

10. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I won the Battle of the Bulge...as the Germans. That was one historically innacurate game, as in real life the Germans had about a 1% chance of winning that battle.

11. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

The best thing I did was when I was playing multiplayer starcraft as zerg and I was destroyed except for 1 building in the enemie's base and I came back and killed him.

12. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

GTA3 on the PS2.
    Driving around in squad car with several cop cars after me and a chopper. Evaded them all. Found the dodge viper. Pulled out, had four squad cars after me. Pulled incredibly fast speed down hill. Hit a ramp. Went over a portable diner. Didn't quite make it so I clipped it with my back tire. Pulled corkscrew, whilst still several feet in the air. Flew through several cars, went rolling down a hill. Didn't stop rolling when I hit a road block, hit 2 squad cars, and by this time i was on fire, hit another squad car, and landing in another road block blew up, taking out a bus, the whole road block, and several policemen and their cars that had just pulled up to try and take me out.
    Camera panned up to show armagedon in the streets, cars on fire, plenty of dead bodies, and lots of dead police men. And outa all that I started again from the hospital. LOL!!!

13. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Beat Super Mario Bros. 1 with about 600 lives left...:D

Those of you who know the secret don't need enlightenment, but for those of you who don't:

Get to the level where the stairway that leads to the flag has a turtle coming down it. Kill it, and bounce it off the stairs for about 20 minutes and watch those coins start rolling in!

14. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Hmm that is a dificult question and it is late :coffee:
    I managed to crash an n64 wrestling game 5 times in a row everytime i pressed the button 'a' and held it (this was the most common thing to do). On the same game i won with my eyes shut in 2mins. On unreal tournament i managed to snipe a moving target at the other end of the map without using the sight. On bg1 i also managed to make quayle (sp?) do a moonwalk with a staff, i'm still not sure quite how i managed to do that.
    On gta2 i managed to get through a mine/oil field i had laid down with 6 cop cars in pursuit while i was driving the fastet car in the game (the stinger :love:). I handbraked through all the mines/oil and i took out the whole police squad, however a tank then ran me over :flaming:

15. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

AMaster: The germans very nearly DID win the battle of the bulge. They had total suprise, and a blizzard had completely grounded allied air forces. In fact, had Patton not pulled off his outright amazing northern push to bastone, the germans could have cut the allied forces in two, completely shattering our offence. Granted, in the long run, considering they were hopeless outnumbered and outgunned at that point, it wouldn't of accomplished much, other than making an interesting footnote in a history book.

16. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm going to revive this thread because there have been some new games out, and new people on the boards.

In Super Street Fighter, the time challenge, I managed a time of 6.972 seconds for Ken vs Dhalsim. That's pretty darn close to their staff record of 6.874 seconds. I think I have the right idea, but doing the same thing twice always lead to times which differ by split seconds.

Also in Final Fantasy 8, killing that Omega weapon or something (the one in the final dungeon), I beat him without using any items that grant invincibility, despite his Maelstorm spell which reduces everybody to 1 hit point.

17. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31

I found the invisible dot in "Adventure" for the Atari 2600. Of course I had no idea what to do with the thing once I'd found it. I later discovered it was a way to find what was probably the very first Easter Egg of a video game. Yes, kids, I'm that old.

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh yeah! The dot! What was the Easter Egg? I can't remember if I ever did anything with it...

19. Tiana Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I had a videocard - motherboard incompatability, so my computer was crashing every five minutes or so, but I got all the way through FFVII (even though some of the cutscenes are almost 7 minutes long). It took me about 7 months, but I really wanted it.

20. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Completing Ultima Underworld :D
    This is the game that taught me English, really. Not to mention it was the first RPG I ever played (the beginning of a love story). It took me a couple of years to go through the whole thing, since I kept missing clues about what to do due to my nonexistent (at the time) knowledge of the language. The feeling of accomplishment I got at the end was unparalleled.

I got a score of >100000 in DX-Ball once, when I was playing a "quick game" just before going to sleep. I have no idea how I managed to do this - the closest score I ever got before or after that was less than half.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.