1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What Games Are You Waiting For?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Majjin, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Majjin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] So...whats the game you guys are waiting to buy the second it comes out?..For me its Never Winter Nights, and Warcraft 3

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Would you please stop with the ^_^ in the subject line? It really sucks.

I am waiting for NeverWinter Nights and Warcraft 3 too :):):)

[You took the words out of my mouth! Stop using ^_^ ANYWHERE! We have over 50 smilies, you really don't need to make up your own!] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited November 26, 2001).]

3. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Deus Ex 2 all the way

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I actually don't wait for any game. Torn was cancelled as you all know.

There is something else I wait. I'm in fact overexcited in waiting for that. I lost my patience for that already.
    I wait the moment of releasing NWN when it turns to be a disaster.

5. Majjin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Bad Habit I got with them damn ^_^...all due to years of chat rooms, lol.

NWN wont be a disaster, it'll just be like a nuke hitting Japan. The bugs will be many, but, hopefully those moron playtesters they grab from off the streets knows something about games and reports them lol.

WC3 is gonna be released in March next year..but..since Blizard is saying March, it technically means around this time next year. And its worth the wait from what i've seen.

6. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Neverwinter Nights, of course. Also, Heroes of Might and Magic 4, and Might and Magic 9. Ok, so I'm typing myself. I'm also waiting for the inevitable Civilization 3 Multiplayer. Seems to always pop up fairly soon after the initial game comes out.

7. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I also think the chances are great that the previews of Neverwinter Nights will doom the game and say it is not "all that". But we'll just have to wait and see.

Warcraft 3, Heroes of Might and Magic 4, Might and Magic 9 and Age of Mythology are games which certainly will find their way into my harddisk when they are released.

8. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Poor disgruntled Extremist;) Had to get that in there, sorry.

NWN obviously. Otherwise, if there is going to be an IWD 2, I'd really like to play it. I'd love to have one last hurah for the Infinity Engine. Otherwise, after holiday shopping, I'm interested in Gothic, Stronghold, and Art of Magic I beleive it's called. If anyone has played any of these, let me know if they are worth an investment.

9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    HALO for PC (:flaming: the microsoft bastards reserved it for their ******* x-box :flaming: :mad: ), IWD-2 and NWN are the games I am waiting for ...

But maybe there is a strategy game I have overlooked.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited December 12, 2001).]

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Heroes of might and magic is indeed a game I also will play. There should come more D&D-rules-based games in the future.

11. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

nwn all the way!!!

12. Rangstrom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Apparently Dreamland is back on track with a new developer. If it stays turn-based it could be the x-com update I've so longed for. And if it takes a year or so I should just about be done with wizardry 8.

Oh...and welcome back!

13. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Why, I've been desperately waiting for Morrowind for about 5 years now. *sigh*

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it. And it comes with an incredible editor tool.

14. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] YES! Morrowind! I just read a big article about it in Computer Gaming. I loved Daggerfall.

15. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Morrowind, NWN, Heroes IV and might and magic IX .

16. NWN, WC3 and.. nothing else...

17. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Nwn, absolutely Nwn, and for my outrageous bloodlust a little WC3...(been playing SC for far too long now)

18. gollum Banned

I have been waiting for Morrowind to come out for a wile to. Also Return to Wolfensten, Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crices, Praetorians and medal of honor: Allied Assault and Nwn.

[This message has been edited by gollum (edited December 15, 2001).]

19. Mollusken Gems: 24/31

Doh, Return to Castle Wolfenstein is out.

20. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

sure is out, and mightily fun it is too ;)

i am sort of waiting for NWN, but everytime i hear more about it, it puts me off a little more really.

I also am lying in wait for Deus Ex 2, i liked the original (though i'm crap at it).

i'm interested in quite a lot of others too, namely DooM3...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.