1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Soloing: Maze Problem

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Shivi, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Shivi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

'Maze' is just supposed to disable you for a few rounds, it does not kill, neither does it do a single point of damage.
    However, when I am soloing, and a mage casts maze on me, the game shows my main character has been killed.
    This makes Maze as bad as Imprisonment. What is worse, it belongs to two schools of thoughts, Conjuration and Summoning, Spell Immunity almost useless.
    Any idea how to fix this problem?

2. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I have also encountered this problem. My solution was that as soon I saw the mage casting the spell I would either attack him in hope to disrupt him, or, run like hell

3. Shivi Gems: 2/31

I did the same. I used fireball to disrupt (the mage had spell turning on him), and once I was out of fireballs, just drank a haste potion and ran away.
    So essentially, I never allowed the mage to cast a single spell (except triggers).
    Any other way?

4. Leslie Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Chaotic Commands should protect against Maze, but then if you are soloing - you must be part Cleric or Druid.

Magic resistance also stops Maze.

5. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Begin every battle with a good backstab! Focus on spellcasters first!

For the hard nuts, there are some protection from magic scrolls also...

6. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

From a roleplaying perspective it does make sense. After all, the mage who cast the spell would know exactly when you were to reappear and would have a very distinct chance of killing you immediately. That said, it's VERY annoying and a real pain soloing.

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Domination/Charm spells will have the same effect.

Confusion and Fear might, but I'm not sure.

8. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Spell Immunity: Conjuration will block it (for a bard, wizard, sorceror or multi-class mage).

9. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31

Media:
    NonSequitur's right, since IIRC Conjuration and Summoning are just one school type.
    You can also disrupt most Mages who are casting by using the Wand of Magic Missiles, or accessories like rings and necklaces.

10. Shivi Gems: 2/31

Thanks guys. I never realized Conjuration/Summoning is one school. :bang:
    I guess Charm/Domination will have same effect. Best to get helm of Charm protection early unless you are playing as a class which cannot wear the helm.

11. Anack Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

doesnt helm protect just from charm spells nd stuff, not from entire scholl?

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Yes.

13. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31

That should be enough, though. Otherwise, get Lilarcor (since that blocks Charm and Confusion effects) or The Equalizer (much later in the game, same effects). If you're a priest, learn to love Chaotic Commands. If you're a thief, backstab spellcasters first, then use a ring/potion to become invisible while using the Cloak Of Non-Detection and repeat. Any arcane caster just drops SI and laughs.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.