1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Is Icewind Dale II life over at level 30?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Seayer, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Seayer

Seayer In giving to another, you benefit yourself Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I am a level freak!, the higher the experience cap, the better!! However, I have to this day, been unable to find anything to allow the Icewind Dale II experience cap to be raised(level 99 would be great!).

I would really like to know if anyone has any ideas or know of any mods I might have overlooked, other than to use Dalekeeper2 to reset the experience for a character over and over and over....

Thanks.

2. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

as far as i know no, there isnt, but give the community some time. Welcome to the Boards.

3. Alurith Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Level 99 ? hey, i like high cap level too you know, but 99 !? (i like iwd's level cap, cause it's allow us to max one class and max half of another class)

Where do you plan to use these "Super" characters anyway ?

Do you know where i could get another campaign for Icewind Dale II (you know like modules for NWN)

4. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hi Seayer.

Level 99 is (sorry) bull**** for D&D characters.

Normal character are 1-20 level. Character above level 20 are accounted to be Epic character.

All special goodies (feats, spells, ...) are granted between levels 1-20. Only few enhancements could be achieved between level 20 an level 30.

Level 30 characters are accounted to be god-like.

Above level 30 - you get more hit points, you can get more known spells (sorcerres) but there are no tables for more spell counts per day, you can get feats you did not get in previous level ups. But there are no knew "goodies".

If you played Diablo, or other systems, you can have the need to level up your character to higher levels. But D&D is
    - not ready to have such high level character (weird things can happen)
    - not created for such high level character (nothing important there ...)

In D&D games (IWDII is one of them) is life beyond level 30 beyond life (it's not dead, it's beyond life).

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Welcome Seayer!

I don't know about any xp cap remover, but one way of squeezing all you can out of the levels is to pick high ECL penalty characters like a Deep Gnome (ECL+3).

7. Anofalye Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hiya,

I 100% understand you, but saddly the current game have a lot of bugs for many class after level 15 or so...after 30 would be a desert. The game is not design for such high levels, but since it is VERY fast to get to 30, you can do it as often as you like(unlike some online games that allow it high but make it so long that after 1 or 2 character you are done with the game). :p

See, why would someone gain "fighter" levels instead of barbarian, at level 1-15 you can understand, above 15 I really don't understand. :p

8. Seayer

Seayer In giving to another, you benefit yourself Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Thanks for the replies so far!

My personal idea of a 'Godly/Epic' character would be one that has all or most feats, outrageously high skills, and enough spells to choke a Dragon(of course, it would be no fun if you didn't have to work for it!)! To have saving throws that would allow either another Godly/epic character/creature, or the rare possibility for the character to fail the throw to injure him/her. And to also have at least ten levels in each class allowed to the character's alignment, and thac0 that could never miss any creature, and a +5 or better for other creatures to hit the character.

This is my personal preferrence, which is why I look to boost my game's levels if at all possible, and to get them to omnipotence, true Godliness to me, yea, I like playing by my own rules for the most part!!

Again, I thank everyone so far for thier info, and look foreward to hearing more possibilities,
    ideas, or even opinions!

9. RangerFox Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Level 30 isn't god power, it's superhero power.

Level 15+ = regular hero mortals (Drizzt)
    Level 30+ = superhero mortals (Elminster)
    Level 50+ = godlike beasts (very old prismatic dragon)
    Level 65+ = omnipotent creatures

10. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Considering that it's possible to boost the stats of average enemies to cosmic levels just by selecting Heart of Fury mode, I'd have thought it would be possible to create a mod that allows further boosts.

I know the level 30 XP cap has been referred to as "hardcoded" but what does this mean exactly? Is it the sort of thing that someone with decent programming skills could take a look at and figure out how to bypass? If so, levels well beyond 30 could be possible and enemies capable of matching those levels possible as well.

From a pure powergaming point of view, I'd love my chaotic evil barbarian to bash a demon for 2,000 points of damage with his +25 greataxe.

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    BTW If I recall correctly, in the Deities and Demi-god Manual, Most of the god are BELOW 60 Hit dice (or level) Even the most powefull deities is a 56 HD creature (so level 56) Level 99 would mean Greater power than a God? yeah riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

In the D&D world:

Level 1 in ANY PC class: adventurer has greater power than any commoner
    Level below level 10: Great adventure
    level 10: expert adventurer
    Level 10-19: Heroes / Celebrities has a lot of Prestige
    Level 20: Power above most of the mortal
    Level 20+: Truly Epic character that has power above almost any mortal creature

12. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Just to make things right, because I've seen many wrong statements here:

To become a god/demigod/godlike you must have divine rank. You could be level 60, but if you don't have any divine rank you're not even a damigod(demigods have divine rank 0).

13. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] What about the humble sorcerer? they are supposed to have dragons blood in them, dont they? that would make them truly powerful (and we all know that they are, at higher levels...) so if you have a lv. 99 sorcerer, that would be practically unstoppable, right?

and how come if you go solo with a sorcerer, the dragons you encounter attack you? and the half dragons (sherincal), i believe you should be able to help the half dragons and befriend the dragons and wryms you find. but they just attack you, its not fair. :(

14. Seayer

I understand what you mean, Alexander, although once your character attains 30th level, the 'Next Level' changes from a number to'Godhood'. Perhaps for the game your character's are considered to automatically have Divine Rank?

15. RangerFox Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well the book says this:

The claim that sorcerers are partially draconic is either an unsubstantiated boast on the part of certain sorcerers or envious gossip on the part of those who lack the sorcerer's gift.

I would think that only half-dragons and maybe dragon disciples have dragon blood. Dragons (with a few exceptions like Bahamut) aren't all that powerful compared to godlike figures either.

Most gods would have a challenge rating of approximately 60, although it's most likely higher (it has to be estimated because they don't have offical CRs due to their special status). A regular character with an equal number of hit dice as a god would not be capable of half the raw power of a real god.

16. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I understand to the fullest why someone would want to get to level 99. There is nothing that´s as nice as being able to walk around slaughtering everything all by yourself without a scratch every now and then.

But I dont beleive that you automatically become a God just because you´re as good as one in kicking butt or whatever. Gods have special powers just because enough people think they do. If you´d get everyone in the Forgotten Realms to pray to you every day and truly beleive in you then you´d become a God. Maybe.

(This is all game based, not my real beleives as I dont have any :) )

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.