1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Hard Crystal Golems

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Esteban, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Esteban Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I have a level 8 party, everybody has blunt weapons, i have a rouge with bullets + 2 and +1 and a paladin with Throwing hammer + 2, and nobody hits him, just the bullets do him some damage (i have around 60) and finally i run out of them. What should i do?

Thanks

[ October 04, 2002, 15:20: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Immortal King Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] just use weapons that have enhancement + 3 and so on..like sure striking short sword and sure striking staff, both of them have an enhancement + 5...use them and the crystal golem will going down fast!

3. Kovsky Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

if at once one of your characters can hit him do this:
    the crystal golem will attack one of yours, keep cricle-running with him while the other(s) (who can hit him) keep attacking.

4. CauseMIN Gems: 1/31

You have to use only weapons that do bludgeoning damage. The bullets and the throwing hammers do damage to the golem because they fit in that category. What i did was "scavage" through my inventory and found some morningstars , maces and quartestaffs ( they all do bludgeoning damage ) and equiped them. The Crystal Golem will go down in no time. ( He takes double damage from these weapons)

[ October 04, 2002, 19:01: Message edited by: CauseMIN ]

5. Esteban Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I managed to kill them, it seems that if you equip two weapons (right and left hand) you just don't hit them, i realized of that when i put one of my characeters with only a warhammer and he did 23 damage, so that was problem.

Thank you all.

6. duffy Gems: 1/31

Oswald Fiddlebender back at at the
    crashed airship, had in stock surprise
    surprise a hammer and flail when nothing
    else would touch my first Crystal Golem on
    the glacier.

7. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

i think crystal golems are neat
    when i met them i had a lot of those arrows with +blunt dam - they do GREATLY +20 bonus dam to the golems ... 4-5 hits and u can bury them

8. Gamer.Jr Gems: 1/31

well... blunt weapons work well... and you are trying to pierce crystal by using a sword?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.