1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anyway to change your onscreen character view?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by vf6alpha, Dec 9, 2002.

1. vf6alpha Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I have a level 26 Evoker/Paladin of Mystra, but because he's a higher level wizard, his onscreen character view is a Wizard wearing a robe. That looks retarded, because he's dual wielding the CeraSumat and the Golden Heart and wearing heavy armor. Is there anyway to change the way he looks without changing his favored class to Paladin? I'm guessing there's a way to do it in the cheats but I was hoping for a more permanent solution, like editing his exported character file or something.

[ December 09, 2002, 23:56: Message edited by: vf6alpha ]

2. Akujin Gems: 1/31

have a shufty around for DaleKeeper for IWD2. You can change your characters avatar using that to a paladin. However it may change it back when u lvl up again (or crash possibly, tho prolly not unless u change the avatar to summit silly).

3. vf6alpha Gems: 1/31

I guess I'll give Dalekeeper a shot after I get my Palizard to level 30 then. :)
    It'd be nice if I can just edit my armor so that it always looks like a high level wizards robe. As it stands, the avatar looks like the lowest wizards robe (wearing nothing) and with two swords and a helm it look like a level one character. lol.

4. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

AFAIK the only way to get the higher wizard robe look is to actually be wearing a robe that has that animation. If you select either the fighter or mage avatar in Dalekeeper it won't ever crash your game at level up because they are both valid for the character. I imagine you don't want to look like a yuan-ti, but that is how you crash the game. Your wizard "wearing armour" is the low wizard avatar, can't get around it, because "wizards don't wear armour"... type mentally of the programs avatars.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.