1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Party?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Deathmage, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] What characters are in your party? Care to share it with us?

Mine:

1st One (the better one):

Randor, Aasimar Battleguard of Tempus. Party leader.

Eminya, Female Ghostwise Fighter (level 3)/Rogue (level 1, I wanted to make her a scout).

Zalan, Male Monk of the Dark Brotherhood.

Solaran, Male Drow Fighter (level 2)/Ranger (level 1, I want those dual-wielding capablities. He's now real powerful dual-wielding two bastard swords.)

Salvan, Male Tiefling Rogue (and main talker).

Naria, Female Moon Elf (listin up) Sorceress (level 2)/Wizard (level 2).

And my other party-

Naran, Strongheart Fighter
    Telken, Deep Gnome Illusionist
    Glace, Half-Elven Bard
    Gurka, Half-Orc Barbarin
    Jaiva, Silverstar of Selune.

2. Frede Adams Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

my group has:

male human fighter (main)
    female wild elf cleric (selune)
    female aasimar paladin (mystra) goin 4 sorceress
    female moon elf druid
    female human bard
    female moon elf sorceress

sorry, havent memorized their names as of yet ^^`

my old party:
    (juz wanna try it out ^^)

drizzt male drow ranger (main) (2 scimitars)
    cattie-brie female human fighter (sword n bow)
    bruenor male shield dwarf fighter (axe n shield)
    wulfgar male human fighter (hammer,melee/thrown)
    regis male stongheart halfling thief (dagger)
    cadderly male human ohgaman cleric (staff/xbow)

thats it

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

While there already is a similar thread, I think this one is a tad different, seeing how the other was done without people actually having the game.

I ended up with this party:

- Aasimar Female Dreadmistress of Bane/Sorceress
    - Aasimar Male Paladin of Ilmater
    - Aasimar Male Paladin of Ilmater
    - Tiefling Male Ranger (Archer)
    - Tiefling Female Ranger (Archer)
    - Halforc Female Barbarian

You got to love those 20Wis/20Cha characters. :D

4. aerilon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Seeing as how I hate large parties, the most people I tend to use is 4. I'm currently playing through two games, one with a solo character, and one with a party. The party is as follows.

Human Ranger dual wielding longswords
    Human Battleguard of Tempus with axes
    Human Sorceress with a sling
    Human Bard with a crossbow

I also gave the cleric points in crossbow, to help her in ranged combat until she gained enough base attack bonus to be efficient with a throwing axe. Then when I found out the short range on the haft over head axe, i switched her back to using the crossbow and using her axe to melee. The ranger has points in bow to use any decent bows we come across. The Sorceress also has a staff, and the Bard is using small blades.

I tend to go with a human party because I am basing the biographies on people I know and creating friends of mine and whatnot as my characters, but you could switch out for other races if you wanted to.

5. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

My first party (completed game)

Male Half Orc Barbarian5/Fighter6/Ranger5
    Male Half Orc Barbarian15/Ranger1
    Male Half Orc Barbarian1/Battleguard of Tempus14
    Male Half Orc Barbarian4/Rogue12
    Female Half Orc Barbarian1/Sorceress15
    Female Half Orc Barbarian1/Druid7/Necromancer7

My second party (currently in chapter3)

Female Wild Elf Bard6/Sorceress4
    Male Gold Dwarf Morninglord of Lathander10
    Male Aasimar Paladin3/Transmuter6
    Male Half Orc Monk10
    Female Stoutheart Halfling Demarch of Mask5/Rogue5
    Female Half Elf Ranger3/Druid7

6. Kovsky Gems: 3/31

Marcus - dwarf fighter lvl 16 (str 24, cons 20) - axe
    Bastian - human cleric lvl 15 - mace
    Juan - human sorcerer lvl 15 - dart
    Willian - halfling rogue lvl 15 - bow

7. HeartOfDarkness Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Aribeth Delarchon - 16/4 Paladin/Fighter Aasimar
    Alandra - 17/4 Barbarian/Fighter Half-Orc
    (don't quite remember his name) - 19/1 Cleric of Lathander/Paladin Aasimar
    Klashtar - 20 Rogue Tiefling
    Kassandra Ymen - 19/1 Sorceress/Paladin
    Kassiopi Ymen - 19/1 Sorceress/Paladin

[ September 30, 2002, 06:28: Message edited by: HeartOfDarkness ]

8. giridion Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

-Drow, lv20 Necromancer, lv4 Fighter
    -Aasimar, lv24 Paladin, lv1 Fighter
    -Tiefling, lv20 Rouge, lv 4 Fighter
    -Human, lv 24 Fighter, lv 1 Barbarian
    -Human, lv24 Cleric
    -Dwarf, lv 25 Fighter
    I'm in The Hand In HoF mode in case you're wondering

9. Fizity Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

This is the party I'm playing through right now, making another one soon

Jerome - Human Morninglord of Lathander (talker)
    Djenne - Half-Orc Fighter/Barbarian (tank)
    Lioness - Elven Monk (backup tank, less hp but better ac)
    Frost - Elven Fighter (archer, uses bow whole time, has over 30% of kills with 20 dex)
    Deathmage - Tiefling Thief/Wizard (20 int/dex)
    Joy - Wild Elf Sorceress (Whoo!)

10. Pretend Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Uhh.. can't remember, aasimar paladin/fighter. Noble guy, leads the party. Wears great sword and full plate.

Hans Njord, dwarf fighter/ranger. Rought fighter, but kind. He has always lived in those snowy neighborhood. Wears two axes and light armor also very effective with crossbow.

Hulk, half-orc barbarian/fighter. Very strong fighting machine, but lacks charisma and intelligence. Friends with Hans. Bastard sword and medium armor.

Violet Rose, human wizard. Pale but dark young girl with acknowledge of necromancing. Spells and sling.

Sharon Du'var, drow cleric. She is a half-drow.. her skin and looks are human, but drow capabilities. I guess one of her parents was a drow. Basic long sword or mace, shield and half plate.

Duh can't remember her name either, halfling rogue. Extremely agile and uses backstabbing and bow as her main weapons.

I am suprised I don't remember names of those two.. well going out to play now so maybe I edit the post later. But anyways.. since IWD2 lacks the party dialogue, which I loved in BG2 I've created some backgrounds and more character to my party while playing.

11. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

My first time party. As a newbie to 3e as well as the game. I did this with my thoughts on them afterwards.

1. Half elf Bard. Should have made it human. Half elf is useless in IWD2.

2. Shield Dwarf Fighter. Perhaps Gold Dwarf is better since Dex makes no difference in Full Plate Armour.

3. Human Barbarian. Dumb choice! Rages are garbage, as compared to BG2. (Stupid AC penalty) 1 damage resistance to a 20+ attack makes such a huge difference....not! The d12 HP are nice, but a Fighter with Toughness feat, mega CON and some items can easily catch up. What's the point of a barbarian....

4. Cleric of Lathander. Human. Ho hum.... Perhaps the Tempus or Talos cleric is better?

5. Halfling, strongheart, Rogue. I kept her vanilla for the feats past level 10, but since I was not really impressed by them perhaps I should have multi classed as ranger as well....

6. Wild Elf sorcerer. Should have gone for Human. Humans are just so much better....

Anyway I learnt from my mistakes and it will be time to make a completely evil "Underdark" type party... (With an Aasimar Paladin leader who is trying to convert them to see the light!...Ow! it hurts!)

12. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I finished IWD2 two for the first time, and I now plan to use the following party.

Aasimar Paladin of Helm- no going wrong here. I also pick two levels of fighter, in order to gain a couple of additional combat feats.

Human Monk of the Old Order - no need to multi-class. Pile everything onto Wisdom since it both augments his A.C. and the DC of his awesome Stun power.

Gold Dwarf Morning Lord of Lathander - At the time of creation, I set Wisdom to 15, just enough to use 4 ability raises to bring it to 19. This allows me to turn him into a veritable force on the front line with the other stats.

Human Ranger 1/Druid (the rest) - I use the ranger once so that I can dual-wield the Moonblade of Selune and the Dagger of Warding. The great thing about Humans is that you can deplete their Intelligence scores to 3 and still get two skill points a round. Here, it's Concentration and Wilderness Lore. Animal Empathy is useless. Unlike previous Infinity engine games, shapeshifting is sometimes useful.

Drow Rogue 10/Wizard 10 - This combination makes sense since a high Intelligence score augments both the Wizard (spellcasting) and the Rogue (skill points, searching) classes. The whole development of this character depends on acquiring the Brilliant Short Sword +5, which bypasses both armor and shield bonuses. This compensates for lower base attack bonus and use of Expertise feat. Spell Resistance, Mirror Image, Improved Invisibility, etc. I'll get the Weapon Finesse Feat, and then pile all ability bonuses into dexterity, which simultaneously improves attack bonus and AC.

Human Wizard - Pile everything into Intelligence. Combine this with Spell Focus (evocation, enchantment, necromancy) and Spell Penetration feats, and you have someone who can do whatever he wants to almost whoever he wants to do it to.

[ September 30, 2002, 23:20: Message edited by: Beren ]

13. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    After reading Fizity's reply (lol!!!) I decided to create my own little party of the same idea.

Members-

Deathmage-Lawful Neutral Tiefling Necromancer (20 int!)
    Djenne-Chaotic Good Human Fighter (w/ Polearm)
    Bishop-Chaotic Good Human Ranger (w/ Axes & Bow)
    Fizzy (aka Fizity)-Aasimar Chaotic Good Sorceress (20 Charisma!)
    Shadowstrider-Tiefling Chaotic Evil Demarch of Mask/Rogue
    Snowking-Half-Elf Chaotic Good Bard

(Hmm, how come all goods are Chaotic Good? Dunno, must have a thing about them)

14. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I hope that this party will last longer than the previous ones - and hopefully will beat the game and HoF someday:

1) Ghostwise Halfling - Rogue 2 / Barbarian 4

STR 17, DEX 20, CON 12, INT 13, CHA 3
    Will increase his Barbarian levels rom now on - good tank, Axe/Flail with Shield, Evasion, good AC with Expertise and high Dex bonus.

He also does Pickpocket an Open locks.

2) Human Monk 1 / Ranger 1 / Cleric 4

STR 18, DEX 18, CON 16, INT 3, WIS 19, CHA 3

Good AC, dual-wield Small Blades, lots of cleric spells, good tank all around. As the first char, has some skill points invested in Hide and Move Silently, also has Evasion.

3) Wild Elf Rogue 2 / Fighter 1 / Sorceress 3

STR 8, DEX 20, CON 12, INT 12, WIS 8, CHA 19

Area effect spells master, talker, uses Shield and Throwing Axe, has Evasion, can drop Fireballs on herself or any other member of the party with little chance of hurting the party. Also has some Hide skills. She also identifies stuff.

15. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My party:

a lvl 9 Aasimar Pally... my Party Leader! :)

a lvl 9 Tiefling Rogue...

lvl 9 Cleric of Selune... oh yeah, She's Drow of course

a lvl 10 Wild Elf Sorc..

A lvl 10 half-elven bard... (she rocks! literally!)

finally a lvl 10 human Monk...

Thats all folks! :grin:

16. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Wow! A lot of people are playing multiple games! So am I! Here are mine:

Belisarius - Aasimar Paladin of Helm
    Thorfin Skulsplitter - Shield Dwarf Fighter
    Bronwyn - Human Fighter/Sorcerer
    Eowyn - Human Battleguard of Tempus
    Nimbul Alewine - Strongheart Halfling Rogue/ +1 level of ranger for ambidexterity and two-weapon fighting
    Elliandra DeVir - Female Drow Wizard (Abjurer)

Party 2:

Athelstan Talmanes - Aasimar Paladin of Helm
    Azog Skullcleaver - Half-Orc Fighter
    Eowyn - Human Cleric - Lathander
    Aemon Pelivar - Tiefling Rogue
    Balin ThunderAxe - Shield Dwarf Fighter/Battleguard of Tempus
    Circe Anthalas - Moon Elf Conjurer

17. knightlight Gems: 3/31

Sir Randale Avantor: aasimar paladin of Helm- one fighter level for each 2 paladin levels, high Dplomacy, Intimidate, medium Bluff, Fiendslayer and Large Sword Specialty a must

Ailura Faline: aasimar druid/sorceress-balanced levels, cast a few spells, fire a few arrows, shapeshift for melee (Dire Panther is pretty good)

Sallinthrae: Drow Wizard, bow proficiency, Spirit of Flame, high knowledge and alchemy for potion brewing and identification

Mirrian Blindside: Lightfoot Halfling Rogue- because you gotta have a rogue

Kraagri: Half-Orc Barbarian- axes, bows, Wilderness Lore

Thanallia Lightspark-Wild Elf cleric of Lathander: bows, maces, many many healing, protective, and a few fire spells- a good rearguard in case of ambush

18. Grey Ghost Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Previous Party

Half-orc Barbarian (10)/Fighter (6) Hammers and long swords
    Dwarf Cleric of Tempus (16) Axes and crossbow
    Human Monk of Old Order (16) fists and crossbow
    Human Rogue (12)/Fighter (4) dual wielding short swords and bow
    Moon Elf Wizard (15)/Ranger (1) dual wield long sword and dagger, mainly bow
    Human Bard (13)/ Fighter (5) bows, maces, and spears

Using a bard was ok and Monks kick butt at higher levels, but I felt a need to play my “normal” party that I have used in every D&D game since Pool of Radiance.

Current party:

Aasimir Paladin of Helm/Fighter, levels 7/4: long sword (come on Holy Avenger)
    Human Fighter, level 12 Hammers and Great swords
    Human Ranger/Fighter, levels 8/4 duals with long sword and short sword or dagger, bows
    Dwarf Cleric of Lathander/Fighter, levels 9/3 maces and heavy crossbows
    Wild Elf Sorceress/Ranger, Levels 11/1 bows, duals with long sword and dagger
    Human Rogue/Fighter, levels 8/4 dual wields short swords and bow

Had to go back to the traditional party I have played in every D&D game since Pool of Radiance (the old one, not RoMD). There is just something about the balance of the 3 tanks, 1 cleric, 1 mage and 1 thief group... Of course Sorcerers rule and the clerics and thieves have gotten much much better. Next time around I want to get a Druid in the mix (will probably drop the Ranger).

[ October 01, 2002, 21:47: Message edited by: Grey Ghost ]

19. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Well, I seem to remember two or three similar threads, but okay, here we go again.

Thordek Oakenshield-Male Dwarf (Shield or Gold, whichever is normal) Fighter. My tank.

Anastacia-Female Moon Elf Ranger. Does most of the speaking for the party and is the backup fighter. Pretty awesome with a pair of longswords.

Vylanya-Female Half-Elf Priest of Selune. She hasn't seen much action yet, but I just started Chapter One, so we'll see.

Kiana-Female Tiefling Rogue. The party scout and item obtainer ;) .

Breudayael D'Sorpal-Male Drow Wizard. Not much to say about him. Pretty weak right now, but he'll become more powerful later on, I'm sure.

My last one is a female wood elf sorceress, but I can't remember her name, I haven't played in weeks. I'll edit the post with more info on her next time I get a chance to play.

I've actually written detailed backgrounds for all of these characters.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.